Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Miner 100% (Reroll) Luck Potion and Legendary Pistols

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I think the new elixir is a prank xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have as yet to even see a pink drop in a group period. I would have assumed prior to reading this thread that the Miner goop would have made it a lot more probable. Thank you all for your hard work, platinum spent and for sharing your findings. I can only speak for myself as a somewhat moderate player, I would have dropped platinum to try and only be disappointed.
    Thank you all again for sharing and demonstrating once again why I truly find the forums so helpful.
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    the luck elix isnt a scam, people have been misunderstanding it from the very beggening, it never promised better drops, just another roll, think of it as being able to play the boss twice for every once, that keeps it fair to those who cant buy the elix, and the new elix well, lol, now thats hard to figure out, in the old one, if you dropped say an orange and a reroll kicked in, you got another straight roll, acorss the table so to speak, you could reroll and drop a blue, same as playing the map again and getting a blue... in the new one this roll is guaranteed at a better level, it only kicks in if you kill the mob in question, but if you drop an orange, then the reroll gives you a green - I guess, the elix is meant to be used only at this level where farming greens pays off in the long run... if you do roll a green, maybe you get a purp...

now your post says that it does not pay off when you roll a purp and the elix doesn't reroll and give you a pink, or you expect the elix to guarantee a pink every time you get a purp... dont think they can do this or is fair to those who dont use the elix... but anyway, so what happens when the reroll kicks in when you get a purp drop? does it give you another purp?

uh and ive seen one drop in the chat message, and another drop in the pack, or somebody else's chat message... this happens some times

You're missing our point completely. If you originally roll a purple with the new elixir, there SHOULD be a message popping up saying "feeling lucky" regardless of if your next roll is a pink or not. This happens with greens when you reroll a purple. You see the message, followed by the "and you got lucky!" or whatever with your new drop.

The fact that people are getting purple items with NO reroll message means that this is the best drop the elixir works for, and you cannot reroll for a pink. Meaning it's a secondary drop like recipes and vanities, and is not effected by elixirs.

And Bod...come on. I know you don't want to say anything negative about STS, but really? A problem with the chat system? The odds of it being a chat system error is significantly smaller then it being on a secondary wheel. How else would there be 2 drops? It's on a different roll wheel, that's the only way.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm reroll for better loot, wont reroll if the loots not bad, purp loot is not bad, so no reroll, is what im guessing, that aspect of the potion has not been changed, it was like that for the old luck potion as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think what bod was trying to say is that at the beginning of the lvl it is decided if a pink will be on the loot table or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    hmm reroll for better loot, wont reroll if the loots not bad, purp loot is not bad, so no reroll, is what im guessing, that aspect of the potion has not been changed, it was like that for the old luck potion as well
    no, no it's not.
    The new elixir has a 100% chance of a reroll if there is a better item to reroll to. If you get a green, there is a 100% chance you have a CHANCE to get a better item (purple or better). If pinks are really on the same drop wheel, getting a purple drop should have a 100% chance at a CHANCE of getting a pink with a reroll. No message popping up means that pinks are on a different drop wheel.

Honestly guys, this is a very simple concept.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    The fact that people are getting purple items with NO reroll message means that this is the best drop the elixir works for, and you cannot reroll for a pink. Meaning it's a secondary drop like recipes and vanities, and is not effected by elixirs.
    That's exactly what I'd like the devs to clarify for us.

Engineer, Operative & Commando | V for Vendetta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The elixir is working one way outside of Mt. Fang, it is working another in Mt. Fang. I would not think this should be the case. I don't think anyone is saying (at least I'm not) that we expect a better role every time, but I do expect the 100% elixir to work as it's intended, which is to re-roll for better loot each and every time better loot is available. If this is being done behind the scenes in Mt. Fang runs (which is strange because you still get the re-roll message on every other map) I would just like to know. If not, it needs to be fixed. I know I have gone through at least 150-200 plat on the 100% elixirs that I believe are doing nothing ATM, but hopefully I am wrong.
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucilulu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    I think what bod was trying to say is that at the beginning of the lvl it is decided if a pink will be on the loot table or not
    Thanks for simplifying that simple, but important concept

If pinks are really on the same drop wheel, getting a purple drop should have a 100% chance at a CHANCE of getting a pink with a reroll. No message popping up means that pinks are on a different drop wheel.

Honestly guys, this is a very simple concept.
    If what people like Phys and such have worked out is correct then in say 1/1000 runs should there be a Pink on that instance.

Why would any/all Purple change to 100% chance in getting a Pink, if that instance was'nt in say the 1% of dropping in Pink SY?

Think we are going to have to agree to disagree and wait for a Dev to solve this
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-16-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

It doesn't matter what the 1/whatever is. It can be a .000001% chance of a pink. That's still a chance and should still be granted the text "feeling lucky." As long as there is a chance, there should be a reroll. Will you probably roll that number? No, the odds are extremely low. Should there be a reroll anyways? If that's what the elixir is designed to do, then yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

lol ok i finally get it ok,
    i read the description and never expected purps to reroll for better drops,
    if theres no reroll for purps idk what that means in the sense that pinks are on a diff table or purps are not considered bad enough for a reroll
    Last edited by Slant; 11-16-2011 at 11:02 AM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey gang,

We're working on additional improvements to the new Luck Enhancers / Elixirs. We will have more details when the next changes come out.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Why would any/all Purple change to 100% chance in getting a Pink, if that instance was'nt in say the 1% of dropping in Pink SY?
    Well, maybe because that's what asommers said. It was his choice to use "is capable of dropping". Well mr mysterio most certainly is capable of dropping a pink. Then based on what asommers said, one would expect to see a initial purple rerolled into a pink. I know it's too good to be true, and I know the pinks drop as secondary drops, but that's what he said. And so did flip.

So why is it so hard to call it what is? The devs made a mistake. They were a little inaccurate in their description. Happens. To us, too. Ain't the first time, won't be the last, we'll get over it. Fix is imminent. Now move along.

Just forget about the 1% chance and all that nonsense, because it has nothing to do with what description asommers and flip gave for the patched luck elixir.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Think we are going to have to agree to disagree and wait for a Dev to solve this
    That is something that global warming denialists often say when evidence is asked to back up their assertions.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Can we atleast know now if the legendary drops are on a different wheel and if enhancers directly effect our chances? Would like to know before I go spending more plat...

@Hullukko - global warming is a scam, it snowed a foot here in October and then was in the 70s for a full week 3 days later. WEATHER FAIL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

We're working on additional improvements to the new Luck Enhancers / Elixirs. We will have more details when the next changes come out.
    Thanks for the update Sam! I'm assuming by the lack of confirmation one way or the other that the pink guns, at present, are indeed secondary drops that are not in the loot tables impacted by luck enhancers as they are currently programmed?

Engineer, Operative & Commando | V for Vendetta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

It doesn't matter what the 1/whatever is. It can be a .000001% chance of a pink. That's still a chance and should still be granted the text "feeling lucky." As long as there is a chance, there should be a reroll. Will you probably roll that number? No, the odds are extremely low. Should there be a reroll anyways? If that's what the elixir is designed to do, then yes.
    Granted..

1. Green 1st item, Purple 2nd item. That Green would never show the system would disregard.. but should say "You are lucky" and get the 2nd item Purple. (The error I talked about)

2. Though you get a Purple this should change to a Pink I get that. Though the Pink was not set to drop so you get a Purple but the message isn't showing. (Another error I talked about)

Only way around this is for STS change this so that if you have Miner potion active then you should at least drop another Purple if the Pink was not possible to drop in that instance as it was out of the % runs.

(The system was set not to drop that Pink, so it goes to Purple because its the highest possible rarity in that instance which in turn doesn't reroll)

Hey gang,

Thanks Sam, look forward to the improvements.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-16-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimaru View Post
    Thanks for the update Sam! I'm assuming by the lack of confirmation one way or the other that the pink guns, at present, are indeed secondary drops that are not in the loot tables impacted by luck enhancers as they are currently programmed?
    There are a lot of moving parts to how loot works and it is structured a bit differently between Pocket Legends and Star Legends. Rather than have me take a shot at describing at how it is currently working, I'm waiting on the real nitty gritty to come from the programmers and what the latest changes they are putting in.

Thanks for your patience.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

@Bod

-.-

You're not getting what I'm saying. If it rerolls to THE SAME COLOR it still says "feeling lucky" regardless if the drop is better. With the old elixir, say you get a green. If it says nothing, it means there was no reroll. If it says "feeling lucky" and you just get a drop, it means that you rerolled, but the outcome wasn't any better than the initial roll. If you see "feeling lucky...and you were lucky!" or whatever the phrase is, it means you rerolled, and your second roll was a better item, and you get that item instead. If it rerolls to a purple from a purple, you see "feeling lucky" and get the purple drop. That just means you didn't roll higher, which would be a pink. If it doesnt say ANYTHING it means the elixir didn't do anything (like with the 25%). If the odds are 100% chance to reroll, you still see the message that you're "feeling lucky." It is not an error to just see the second item you got. That's how it works. It shows you the new item. If you get a purple after a reroll, it means you rolled something below (with the old elixir.) With the new elixir, it means you rolled a green and rerolled a purple. If the percentage is 1%, you still reroll for that 1%. If no message shows, then there is no reroll, and the item is on another item wheel that rolls by itself, separate from the first.

I really don't know how to put it any easier. It isn't a wording error on STS's part. It's that on the normal drop wheel, purple is the best item for this boss. You can't go any higher. It's kind of the same for the pink drops in slouch-o. They dropped from random mobs. They were probably also on the second wheel for that map too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

has anyone gotten a grey drop on an elixir?

100% chance its a single tier better than what you would have gotten
    STS SUBREDDIT
    Reddit / Steam have claimed me and my soul. aka less Spacetime games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

There are a lot of moving parts to how loot works and it is structured a bit differently between Pocket Legends and Star Legends. Rather than have me take a shot at describing at how it is currently working, I'm waiting on the real nitty gritty to come from the programmers and what the latest changes they are putting in.

Thanks for your patience.
    If it turns out that pinks were not even able to drop/re-roll (if you got a purple drop from MF) to those using the Miner potion "AFTER" the last update...will it be possible to get our plat refunded? I used 80 plat on potions last night (4 pots). Just wondering...