Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Enchantment Event - Individual Player Leaderboard / Red Devil Vanity Set

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    35k more realistic for F2P and P2P players. Up the points per kill by the regular mobs to just 2 points per kill. Even on those mobs alon, it will still take 17.5k worth of kills to acquire that threshold. Maybe 15k kills total including all mobs. (Gold skeletons, regular mobs, bosses) would be more realistic without having people just play 24hrs a day to reach that.
    Yes I would like to see the number as low as possible because i want to get the cheap enchanting and i would like to get bronze tier on my 2nd character unless he makes the items stashable which would be nice if he did. And if it stays this format i doubt i will reach 50k it is too large of a number

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    The points granted should be scaled up per enemy killed or the thresholds should be reduced. Most importantly, there must be a balance between real life and game time. Events cannot take over people's entire weekends, that ruins the fun.
    Most MMO's have a very limited amount of players that actually participate in all of the events and achieve every little thing. I think it's time that PL sees regular events – sure, people will get tired, but imagine the plethora of variety we see around the game. It will encourage players to pick and choose the events they REALLY want to participate in (i.e. when there's a good time to grab a vanity that they've been wanting for a long time.).

I do understand that this is an opportunity for more than just vanities – I too would love some enchantment discounts.

Point being, I think PL is entering a pivotal stage where not everyone should automatically be entitled to getting every single vanity out there. The game could use some items that are rare; it really does spice things up for the PvE side of things. I say this from a very non-biased viewpoint because I'm much more involved in the PvP scene in my little spare time. There is something about this particular element that fosters a larger player-base.

What I say really only holds IF events are actually very consistent.

Also, thank you, Cinco! I am so beyond impressed with everything you are doing for the game. PL has never felt so alive in the last few years.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-27-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Most MMO's have a very limited amount of players that actually participate in all of the events and achieve every little thing. I think it's time that PL sees regular events – sure, people will get tired, but imagine the plethora of variety we see around the game. It will encourage players to pick and choose the events they REALLY want to participate in (i.e. when there's a good time to grab a vanity that they've been wanting for a long time.).

I do understand that this is an opportunity for more than just vanities – I too would love some enchantment discounts.

Point being, I think PL is entering a pivotal stage where not everyone should automatically be entitled to getting every single vanity out there. The game could use some items that are rare; it really does spice things up for the PvE side of things. I say this from a very non-biased viewpoint because I'm much more involved in the PvP scene in my little spare time.

What I say really only holds IF events are actually very consistent.
    I understand we need some rare items but this threshold requires us to play ALOT in 1 day. People shouldnt have to give up their lives just to get pixels. This will also reduce the chances of F2P being able to get into pvp because of barely getting a discount on enchanting.

35k points is still a high target to reach in just 3 days. I dont think this will effect peoples daily lives as much as 50k would. Id much rather be keen on reaching 35k then 50k when i havent been able to purchase plat or do offers recently.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    I understand we need some rare items but this threshold requires us to play ALOT in 1 day. People shouldnt have to give up their lives just to get pixels. This will also reduce the chances of F2P being able to get into pvp because of barely getting a discount on enchanting.

35k points is still a high target to reach in just 3 days. I dont think this will effect peoples daily lives as much as 50k would. Id much rather be keen on reaching 35k then 50k when i havent been able to purchase plat or do offers recently.
    Yeah, I’m sure you’re right about the point system — but I still believe what I said at its very core. The point is that if doing an event is too exhausting or frustrating for someone, nobody is forcing said person to not enjoy your play time.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-27-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

This sounds awesome. Discounted enchantments would be amazing. But I'd have to agree with the many here intimidated by the 50k threshold. If event hunters got 500k points total, with 10 people farming like crazy with platinum elixirs to achieve an average of 50k among them, seems the goal is out of reach for a majority of the community.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    This sounds awesome. Discounted enchantments would be amazing. But I'd have to agree with the many here intimidated by the 50k threshold. If event hunters got 500k points total, with 10 people farming like crazy with platinum elixirs to achieve an average of 50k among them, seems the goal is out of reach for a majority of the community.
    Event Hunters also had 10 dedicated portal hunters finding portals for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Enchantment Event - Individual Player Leaderboard / Red Devil Vanity Set

Are dev dragon or psyko working on this map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Omg! Looks great but I have to purchase more plats for enchant and sets. Lol
    I think I scored 75k points and took a day break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I can understand someone wanting to play for 20+ hours a day for 3 days straight to get a fast-cap title/vanity, because that wasn't very often, even during 2012. We just saw an event end less than 24 hours ago, and a new 3-day event with an extremely difficult threshold (if not impossible for 99% of the players) is already nearly upon us. It's too many events, too close together, and most of them requiring too much of people's time if they want to have a shot at the prizes. The last event was much easier than the others, but this event doesn't have to be the polar opposite. Don't get me wrong, I know we all love and appreciate the vanities and the events through which they are earned (we truly do!!), but this comes back to reasonable intervals between these events, and reasonable amounts of time required to achieve the winning tiers (and top tier) during these events. Also, we're trying to get a L105 5v5 CTF tourney going, and we did not expect another event to come up this weekend and put things on hold again. Some teams can only play on weekends, and this event will be this weekend. So we will lose two weekends in a row to get this tourney further along. Will wants the fights to resume ASAP. Too much, too often - I believe the pace needs to be slowed down to one event per month, anything less frequent than what we're seeing. The pace has only been increasing and the intervals between events has been shortening. Sweet events, sweet vanities, but balance needs to be found.

Respectfully yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don’t think it’s difficult. First day was spent on scoring points and the rest was to chill and relax. I hope the blue and gold eggs continue to drop. If u spent 20hrs scoring pts within the 3 days, you will make it.

Rip the players that stand at Oktal the whole day doing nothing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Event Hunters also had 10 dedicated portal hunters finding portals for them.
    We had 3 dedicated portal hunters. Don’t exaggerate it. I’m sure they have the data and query the database values to determine a good goal pt.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensmage For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I gained one 50k my self last event pertaining to magic castle so I think 50k points is fair. People actually have to try ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    I don’t think it’s difficult. First day was spent on scoring points and the rest was to chill and relax
    Multiple friends who were in event hunters during guild event 2 deny what you are saying to be the reality. Sorry. I stand by what I've said here. Thank you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Gotta disagree with shield design. Skull and bones should remain a pvp tournament shield design only. Or else tournament shields no longer remain exclusive imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    Gotta disagree with shield design. Skull and bones should remain a pvp tournament shield design only. Or else tournament shields no longer remain exclusive imo.
    Yes, agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Have u seen the white angel shield? It’s the same design but better colors. It’s not skull and bones design. Look at my red blood tourney 2018 shield..that is a skull and bone design.

Name:  079E277C-8DD9-4759-A0B5-98B410CC67E3.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  451.6 KB
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-27-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well said. People don’t wanna work for nothin.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Devour was talking about changing the dragon to skull and bones. I stated that tournament shields have skull and bones.changing these random vanities shields to said designs will ruin the point in having an exclusive tournament shield design

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Should probably read thoroughly before replying lol.. yes your enchant won shield is nice. But you’re off topic.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Devour was talking about changing the dragon to skull and bones. I stated that tournament shields have skull and bones.changing these random vanities shields to said designs will ruin the point in having an exclusive tournament shield design
    There are what 4 skull and bone shields that are not from tournaments, and that shields design was on the L15 tourney shield so i am not sure how skull and bone shields are exclusive to tournaments