Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Enchantment Event - Individual Player Leaderboard / Red Devil Vanity Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The content update displays 2,500 for Bronze Tier, 5,000 for Silver, and 10,000 points for Gold Tier.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-28-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Just gonna comment on the disagreement about points between Jacob and Jen. First things first, you guys are both wrong. Also, Jen we got over 500k points, not 433k, give us the credit we deserve!

Back to the points, I am going to base it off consistent 79 mob maps, which is the lowest tier. Any higher tier maps would only make points per hour go up, so this is going to be the minimum as we want to play it safe with these numbers. On average, you don’t get 1 or 2 gold skeletons per map like Jacob was claiming, you actually get 3 or 4 on the 79 mob map, and that is without the gold elixir. I know this because I have ran the 79 mob map several hundreds of times (honestly probably between 700-800), so go ahead and tell me I’m wrong, I dare you. We will use 3 gold skeletons per map for our calculations because once again, we’re gonna play it safe with these points.

So with 1 boss that gives 20 points, 3 gold skeletons that give 10 points, and 75 standard mobs that give 1 point each, a run would get you 105 points. I’ve timed how long it takes to do the run with a 3x, and it was roughly 1 minute 20 seconds, but everything in that went pretty smoothly. I think most people with decent knowledge of PvE efficiency could consistently do the map in 1:35-1:40. This is where Jen’s math went weird, because she completely forgot to factor in the time to get portals.

It is hard to determine how long this would take, but let’s do 2 scenarios: one where the portal is in town, and one where we have to farm the portal like events one and two.

If there is a portal in the town, it would simply add 10-15 extra seconds per run to load into the town, run to portal, and load the new map. Because humans aren’t 100% efficient the whole time, let’s say 1:40 for the map, 15 sec for the time between runs. 115 seconds for 105 points. (3600*105/115) = 3287 points one hour with a 3x with portal in town.

If there isn’t a portal in town, we can assume 10-15 seconds to get into a portal farming game, and 30 seconds on average to spawn a portal, a total of 45 seconds added to the 1:40. 145 seconds for 105 points (3600*105/145) = 2607 points one hour with 3x and having to spawn portals.

With a 2x, runs take about 2:10 instead of 1:40, so it would be 2607 per hour with portal in town and 2160 having to spawn portals.

1.25/1.5 are pretty much the same, and they will only be slightly slower than 2x, I won’t throw out a time, but we can assume 2500 points per hour with portal in town and 2000 per hour spawning portals.

So there you both are! Happy farming!
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    The content update displays 2,500 for Bronze Tier, 5,000 for Silver, and 10,000 points for Gold Tier.
    It's not correct. The Tiers are 15k, 25k and 35k for Bronze, Silver and Gold respectively.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Just gonna comment on the disagreement about points between Jacob and Jen. First things first, you guys are both wrong. Also, Jen we got over 500k points, not 433k, give us the credit we deserve!

Back to the points, I am going to base it off consistent 79 mob maps, which is the lowest tier. Any higher tier maps would only make points per hour go up, so this is going to be the minimum as we want to play it safe with these numbers. On average, you don’t get 1 or 2 gold skeletons per map like Jacob was claiming, you actually get 3 or 4 on the 79 mob map, and that is without the gold elixir. I know this because I have ran the 79 mob map several hundreds of times (honestly probably between 700-800), so go ahead and tell me I’m wrong, I dare you. We will use 3 gold skeletons per map for our calculations because once again, we’re gonna play it safe with these points.

So with 1 boss that gives 20 points, 3 gold skeletons that give 10 points, and 75 standard mobs that give 1 point each, a run would get you 105 points. I’ve timed how long it takes to do the run with a 3x, and it was roughly 1 minute 20 seconds, but everything in that went pretty smoothly. I think most people with decent knowledge of PvE efficiency could consistently do the map in 1:35-1:40. This is where Jen’s math went weird, because she completely forgot to factor in the time to get portals.

It is hard to determine how long this would take, but let’s do 2 scenarios: one where the portal is in town, and one where we have to farm the portal like events one and two.

If there is a portal in the town, it would simply add 10-15 extra seconds per run to load into the town, run to portal, and load the new map. Because humans aren’t 100% efficient the whole time, let’s say 1:40 for the map, 15 sec for the time between runs. 115 seconds for 105 points. (3600*105/115) = 3287 points one hour with a 3x with portal in town.

If there isn’t a portal in town, we can assume 10-15 seconds to get into a portal farming game, and 30 seconds on average to spawn a portal, a total of 45 seconds added to the 1:40. 145 seconds for 105 points (3600*105/145) = 2607 points one hour with 3x and having to spawn portals.

With a 2x, runs take about 2:10 instead of 1:40, so it would be 2607 per hour with portal in town and 2160 having to spawn portals.

1.25/1.5 are pretty much the same, and they will only be slightly slower than 2x, I won’t throw out a time, but we can assume 2500 points per hour with portal in town and 2000 per hour spawning portals.

So there you both are! Happy farming!
    Never once have i gotten more then 3 skeletons in 1 run of the original map. When i ran gold skeleton elixir, i got upwards of 8+ sometimes i would get 4 or 5.

That doesnt garuntee you 3-4 gold skeletons. Ive done plenty myself aswell both on gold skeleton elixir and not. This is not the case. You DONT get 3-4 per run without the elixir. Even people i know complained about the skeleton spawn rate during the first event. Gold skeletons ARE NOT garunteed in the map and are random spawns. You can keep going on about "i saw 3-4 per run" thats not the case for anyone i spoke to that grinded the event harder then the majority of players did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Never once have i gotten more then 3 skeletons in 1 run of the original map. When i ran gold skeleton elixir, i got upwards of 8+ sometimes i would get 4 or 5.

That doesnt garuntee you 3-4 gold skeletons. Ive done plenty myself aswell both on gold skeleton elixir and not. This is not the case. You DONT get 3-4 per run without the elixir. Even people i know complained about the skeleton spawn rate during the first event. Gold skeletons ARE NOT garunteed in the map and are random spawns. You can keep going on about "i saw 3-4 per run" thats not the case for anyone i spoke to that grinded the event harder then the majority of players did.
    A person running 20+ times isnt a good reference on how many gold skeletons will occur. I prefer to believe the person that ran 700-800 at the map. ~3-4 is about right.

@David, so that screen shot wasnt the latest score. Darn! I thought i took the latest image. Not bad..10 players scoring over 500k pts.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-28-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I would say on average i saw 2 gold skeletons per run without the elixir in the 79 map.

Please have portals in towns
    Last edited by Idevour; 06-28-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I agree the first event had worse spawn rates than the second, but if you’re gonna claim that you never had more than 3 skeletons in a map for the second event, well, you’re lying. Gold skeletons really aren’t too rare, there’s only been a few times where there wasn’t one in the castle, and there’s almost always one in the area before that too. Usually each of those areas will have 2 of them. Also, please learn to italicize or bold words and phrases you are trying to emphasize instead of hitting the caps lock button, even Cinco has called you out on this before...

Edit: Btw Jen my name isn’t David, where’d you even get that from??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    I would say on average i saw 2 gold skeletons per run without the elixir in the 79 map.
    This sounds about right to me as well... usually 1 out in the open, occasionally 2. Then 1 inside the castle. So 2-3 average. 4 was a rarity.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I agree the first event had worse spawn rates than the second, but if you’re gonna claim that you never had more than 3 skeletons in a map for the second event, well, you’re lying. Gold skeletons really aren’t too rare, there’s only been a few times where there wasn’t one in the castle, and there’s almost always one in the area before that too. Usually each of those areas will have 2 of them. Also, please learn to italicize or bold words and phrases you are trying to emphasize instead of hitting the caps lock button, even Cinco has called you out on this before...

Edit: Btw Jen my name isn’t David, where’d you even get that from??
    AGAIN, KEYS PLAY A BIG FACTOR CONSDIERING THE MAP WAS 2x the size and then some. You cant reference event 2 when we had a double/triple sized map that had almost 3x as many mobs as the first event map had.

I did well over 350 runs and would rarely see 3+ gold skeletons in a run without elixir. As jen is referencing "20+ runs isnt a good reference" thats the amount i went in a row with 1 or 0 gold skeletons in my runs. Thats not the amount of runs i did. Read what i had said back in that comment again.

Lol ive said it atleast 4 times now. You all keep referencing to the 2nd pve guild event where we had KEYS the allowed us to access substantially larger maps compared to the regular map.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

AGAIN, KEYS PLAY A BIG FACTOR CONSDIERING THE MAP WAS 2x the size and then some. You cant reference event 2 when we had a double/triple sized map that had almost 3x as many mobs as the first event map had.

I did well over 350 runs and would rarely see 3+ gold skeletons in a run without elixir. As jen is referencing "20+ runs isnt a good reference" thats the amount i went in a row with 1 or 0 gold skeletons in my runs. Thats not the amount of runs i did. Read what i had said back in that comment again.

Lol ive said it atleast 4 times now. You all keep referencing to the 2nd pve guild event where we had KEYS the allowed us to access substantially larger maps compared to the regular map.
    The 2nd event my goal was to farm white lightning. So I didn't use keys, or elixirs for gold skeletons. My goal was to kill the boss as many times as possible, as fast as possible. So I wanted the smaller maps. I still got an average of 2-3 gold skeletons in the smallest map.

I remember it the same for the 1st event as well. Where myself and a couple guildies focused primarily on farming for white lightning. Not using elixirs to spawn skeletons. (We all joined PC so we knew the prizes were guaranteed)

It's nearly safe to say 2 is guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I am still talking about the 79 mob map when I’m talking about maps in second event. Haven’t touched a key since about 12 hours into that event. It is human nature to value losses more than gains of the same magnitude. This is probably why you are only remembering the runs with few skeletons. Don’t know what else to say to you, as the spawn rate for gold skeletons was a lot higher than you are trying to make it to be, and for some reason you are too stubborn to accept that. Why are you even arguing so strongly for this? Even if there were 1 less gold skeleton per map on average that’s not even a 10% difference to the points you’d get per hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I am still talking about the 79 mob map when I’m talking about maps in second event. Haven’t touched a key since about 12 hours into that event. It is human nature to value losses more than gains of the same magnitude. This is probably why you are only remembering the runs with few skeletons. Don’t know what else to say to you, as the spawn rate for gold skeletons was a lot higher than you are trying to make it to be, and for some reason you are too stubborn to accept that. Why are you even arguing so strongly for this? Even if there were 1 less gold skeleton per map on average that’s not even a 10% difference to the points you’d get per hour.

It was not as high as you all continue to claim it to be. Go ahead and say someones stubborn because they dont agree with your statistics/analysis? Alrighty then, guess we know how people need to think. (Agree with me or your wrong)- xyzther 2018

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

What's that? You need another thread locked? No problem.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: