Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Timed Records For # of people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Have Timed Records For # of people

This might be a crazy idea, but this would actually make timed runs a lot more fun and vibrant, like it used to be. Make each map have a different time for # of people. For instance, Forest, would have a time for solo, 2 people, 3 people, 4 people. If this is too much, then make it solo, and any number of people. So there would be 2 recs per map, i.e. 1 person record, and 2, 3, 4 people record all as one. Please.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Ppl should have to clear the whole map amd not just basically run to the end. Seems very boring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. They can't just run to the end - they need to kill enough mobs to make the boss spawn, kill it, and end the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Or maybe theres a limitation for the players who were running the "timed run maps" Like 5 times only, but if someone replaced you on it, You'll get another one to replace the player(so theres a battle thru leaderboard timed runs and more thrill!!). So some players can join on leaderboards too. Because i saw so many players, Who took it solo like for example: mage got those maps for only 30secs, and no one can replace him and secured all of it and for the whole season, The player is still there.. So my point here is... Let them feel the LB too or give them some chance xD (no hates just caring xD)
    Last edited by Psychoism; 06-29-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Error 404 not found

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psychoism For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoism View Post
    Or maybe theres a limitation for the players who were running the "timed run maps" Like 5 times only, but if someone replaced you on it, You'll get another one to replace the player(so theres a battle thru leaderboard timed runs and more thrill!!). So some players can join on leaderboards too. Because i saw so many players, Who took it solo like for example: mage got those maps for only 30secs, and no one can replace him and secured all of it and for the whole season, The player is still there.. So my point here is... Let them feel the LB too or give them some chance xD (no hates just caring xD)
    Why have a cap on number of recs? Recs aren't charity - whoever beats it beats it. I'm sorry you feel as if it's not fair if people can get many recs, but that's the whole point - it's competition, and the ones who can beat the recs win. That's all there is too it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

+1 for this, great idea!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ride AL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thanks - any input Vroom? I really think it could spice things up and give more excitement in timed runs (which are dying nowadays).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I myself enjoy the thought, but there is some impracticality with it, as the same people will be taking it still, only flaunting upon a wider stage. The idea is still coming from a wonderful place in the mind and maybe something similar is due, as I can see how it may become boring season in and season out to compete. +.5

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I agree that perhaps some of the same people will take the records, but actually, having maps where only 1 or 2 people do it, makes the strategies COMPLETELY different. Thus, I believe it is possible for new players to enter the scene and take some of these records. This will very much excite players who haven't been on the leaderboard before to try solo/duo recs etc. I'm really wondering how hard it would be for devs to implement (it doesn't seem that hard, just add more slots on LB and have some sort of mechanism to count players / slot them correctly). Any response devs?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I don’t think I’m supposed to mention specific names here idk I’m new to forums. but I was impressed at the start of this season a rogue completed timekeeper’s crypt solo in like 17 minutes I believe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    I don’t think I’m supposed to mention specific names here idk I’m new to forums. but I was impressed at the start of this season a rogue completed timekeeper’s crypt solo in like 17 minutes I believe
    I don't think it matters if you mention names, but good call. Yes, that did indeed happen!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Yes, my point exactly. It will spice up the now stale timed run leaderboard. And more people will try the leaderboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Any thoughts devs? Please implement to save timed runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Was just thinking about this so I dug for it, wondering what other people think of this idea now that there are some newer faces on the lb. I remember earlier this season (Ssn 14) Eazy and Crumbalicious went through nordr all duo, and it was so thrilling grabbing friends at random and trying to beat the duo, even if after we beat it they dropped it way down xD The lb is a ton of fun, and even if it doesn't carry prizes I think this sort of idea coming from fry should be considered, but the fastest time overall should be the one banners are awarded to or something, and in the corner of the lb screen there can be a button where you select to view solo/duo/trio/full, and maybe even hardcore. The lb could use a little spice, even if it doesn't come with prizes, and I still like Fry's idea, more now than before. Thanks for reading the life story xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Yes, my point exactly. It will spice up the now stale timed run leaderboard. And more people will try the leaderboard.
    Nobody new will try the lb so long as there are awakenings in game. Right now, only a select few hold all the op movement speed gear that is required to get on the lb. Everyone else literally stands no chance, unless a new mode was added where awakenings were removed. It will always be the same people, every season, over and over again.

I’m not saying that lb runners have no skill because there are for sure different strats to speed up runs. However, in the long run it boils down to who can spend the most gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    Nobody new will try the lb so long as there are awakenings in game. Right now, only a select few hold all the op movement speed gear that is required to get on the lb. Everyone else literally stands no chance, unless a new mode was added where awakenings were removed. It will always be the same people, every season, over and over again.

I’m not saying that lb runners have no skill because there are for sure different strats to speed up runs. However, in the long run it boils down to who can spend the most gold.
    As fry stated above it may keep the same people, but it may introduce some others, ik of plenty of people with op ms that don't run because they don't know the 4 person strats, but with this they could have a chance to pop up, and if not it's just as fun trying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

+1 would be awesome! I’d love to see some better leaderboard updates so we can have more people involve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeptifyx View Post
    +1 would be awesome! I’d love to see some better leaderboard updates so we can have more people involve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And like I said, only overall time gets the banner, just competing can be fun, besides a lot of people already have their favorite vanity banners, but this would add another aspect to this complex and multilayered game! And it may be a little challenge with some bugs to start with the thing with just having someone leave the map at the end, but maybe when we select timed we have to be in a pt and the number of people in the pt is which category timed you run, and the pt is locked once you start or something. Just a little spice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

from what I've seen over past few seasons is that sts has actually been trying to minimize or simplify lbs. They removed the enhanced and normal lbs and now it's just one. Not dumping on your idea just wondering if it's something sts would be interested in since they seem to be downsizing not the other way.

Yah could be cool to see what the diff times could bbut idk if having all these lbs would make things too complicated and also I'd be worried that this is already easily exploitable. For example 4 people could join a map and just before time ends 3 leaves so that the one person has the best "single player time". You See this already going down with othe maps like hauntlet and arena; full team clears the map then a few leaves before time ends so that they can occupy spot. IMO to implement this idea you would have to change how map times are recorded so that whoever is in the map when timer starts is also officially recorded as the full pt. This acutally would probalby be more fair as to how the maps are actually run and maybe something sts could think about whether or not they want to add extra pt times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
    from what I've seen over past few seasons is that sts has actually been trying to minimize or simplify lbs. They removed the enhanced and normal lbs and now it's just one. Not dumping on your idea just wondering if it's something sts would be interested in since they seem to be downsizing not the other way.

Yah could be cool to see what the diff times could bbut idk if having all these lbs would make things too complicated and also I'd be worried that this is already easily exploitable. For example 4 people could join a map and just before time ends 3 leaves so that the one person has the best "single player time". You See this already going down with othe maps like hauntlet and arena; full team clears the map then a few leaves before time ends so that they can occupy spot. IMO to implement this idea you would have to change how map times are recorded so that whoever is in the map when timer starts is also officially recorded as the full pt. This acutally would probalby be more fair as to how the maps are actually run and maybe something sts could think about whether or not they want to add extra pt times.
    Read some of the replies in response to the second paragraph, and the point of turning the lb into just the singular not enhanced and normal is because their numbers were showing there wasn't much of a difference and so they got rid of it