Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-06-29 Content Update (255980)

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Spacetime Studios Dev Awesomeness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default 2018-06-29 Content Update (255980)

+ Enchantment Event Update! A portal to the Mad Mage's Castle is now available in select townes.
    + Go to Forest Haven towne, Shadow Cave towne, Planet Ok'Tal or Myx' Mage towne to use the portal!
    + Point requirements remain the same (15k, 25k, 35k for each Tier) but should now be much easier to reach.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Still takes way too long imo. To put things into perspective, a hardcore raid in Huge big profit MMO such as WOW or Final Fantasy only takes 3-4 hours. And loot is pretty much guaranteed due to looting systems based off stats, and character inventory.

If I get 1k points per hour without using platinum (rough estimate) that's roughly 35 hours of grinding? That's preposterous in all honesty with the amount of content coming out so close together... it's like be a "no life" or miss out.

People need these discounted enchantments, but if we have to pay for them in the form of gold skeleton elixirs, it's not exactly a discount.

People will buy these elixirs anyway for pure bragging rights. No need to make people give up an entire weekend, for a chance to maybe be able to possibly get enchantments good enough to not get destroyed by players with better "luck"

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Still takes way too long imo. To put things into perspective, a hardcore raid in Huge big profit MMO such as WOW or Final Fantasy only takes 3-4 hours. And loot is pretty much guaranteed due to looting systems based off stats, and character inventory.

If I get 1k points per hour without using platinum (rough estimate) that's roughly 35 hours of grinding? That's preposterous in all honesty with the amount of content coming out so close together... it's like be a "no life" or miss out.
    I completely agree with you. Many do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

People need these discounted enchantments, but if we have to pay for them in the form of gold skeleton elixirs, it's not exactly a discount.

People will buy these elixirs anyway for pure bragging rights. No need to make people give up an entire weekend, for a chance to maybe be able to possibly get enchantments good enough to not get destroyed by players with better "luck"

Can't agree more.... The goal is still way too much. In such a short time people can't give 35hours on weekends. I really don't wanna miss the devil set but I can't play 35 hours. Also, no drops yet. So the farming that i have done till now is not worth anything...
    The solution can be increasing the drop rate and/or lowering the points required ;-;

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nipunsky For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I stayed home this weekend to grind and I regret lol
    Hope is Hungry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iilhopeliliil For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

The drop rate is so low yet I’ve gained about 19k points and not even a Myx spawn, to start with the event was pretty cool but man I gained nothing from this but the entire weekend wasted and a good amount of platinum for nothing except the lowest tier, next time this event pops up I most likely won’t be competing, sorry! But still thank you for this content, at least there’s a fair bit going on in PL now!

Edit: After this post I spawned Myx for the first time after 19k points xD
    Last edited by Jig; 07-01-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Agreed. People need enchants the most and 80% discounts should have been unlocked at the lowest tier.

What would have been most ideal (I think) is to have 80% discounted enchants unlocked at 10k points for everyone. Red Devil set unlocked at 10-15k points. And those that like to grind would get a special vanity if they unlocked 35-50k points.

And to ensure that these individuals wouldn't be able to 'control the market' on that rare vanity item unlocked at 35-50k points, it would be a one time only purchase with gold and character bound without the option of crafting for plat (just like the Honor shield last event).

I think a system like this would have solved everyone's complaints.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Jig

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nipunsky View Post
    Can't agree more.... The goal is still way too much. In such a short time people can't give 35hours on weekends. I really don't wanna miss the devil set but I can't play 35 hours. Also, no drops yet. So the farming that i have done till now is not worth anything...
    The solution can be increasing the drop rate and/or lowering the points required ;-;

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Fortunately you can get the vendor for 15k points, just not the much needed 80% enchantment discount. So Roughly 15 hours instead of 35 if the vanity is your only concern. But that's still a grind without platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

- It's not necessary to get to gold tier 80% discount, 2nd tier and 3rd tier also gonna give some decent discount too.
    - Plat based conversion of vanities are the main revenue generator in these events I think, so that's not gonna be changed i guess.
    - This is not a proper comparison among the games like wow and FF, if you need to compare, the right compassion would be like this - many game's have top 5/10/50 events and in that case it's really tough to get there, I think the purpose is just like that. The only problem is that everybody want everything, you still can get vanities even without participation *not enough* you still can get discount *not enough*
    Last edited by Waug; 07-01-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Although I don’t desire the benefit of gold tier as I don’t enchant itrms, I farmed at least 10 hours with no platinum to get to bronze tier. If this was a different event with different rewards I could’ve been upset, seeing how as I only had Friday to farm all day, due to a car trip on Saturday and a family reunion today. For more casual players it is extremely difficult to reach gold tier.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    - It's not necessary to get to gold tier 80% discount, 2nd tier and 3rd tier also gonna give some decent discount too.
    - Plat based conversion of vanities are the main revenue generator in these events I think, so that's not gonna be changed i guess.
    - This is not a proper comparison among the games like wow and FF, if you need to compare, the right compassion would be like this - many game's have top 5/10/50 events and in that case it's really tough to get there, I think the purpose is just like that. The only problem is that everybody want everything, you still can get vanities even without participation *not enough* you still can get discount *not enough*
    I capped characters in Final Fantasy XI and IVX... there was never a top number of anything that restricted stats from players, ever... So I'm not sure why you mentioned it. I was referring to the amount of time required to obtain the most exclusive items.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

My biggest hang-up for this event is, I had to choose between getting the red devil set for my main, or grind with an alternate to roll enchantments. The change of "luck" from character to character is enormous. I rolled my armor for Millions and millions of gold(and some platinum) without exceeding 150 armor on my main. Then rolling with an alt, I redid my entire set, with my armor alone getting + 200 for less than 4m total...

So regardless of the discount, I will not be rolling a single time. I already know I'll never get these stats again rolling with the character I wanted the vanity on.