Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Festerfang - Goals for next week!

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I only tested things for mage so I will just comment specific to them.

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    - The Gear that's been dropped
    Spirit Vs Mire Set Vs Endless/Tained Set
    At present players are able to play raids with the endless/tainted set, they are not OP but are better than 2/2 Mire and the spirit gear. Players are able to kill bosses and loot set gears+tokens. I do not see any reason for players to grind for Spirit helm and armor for over all content as they lack set bonus and are very underpowered compare to Endless/Tainted sets.

Mire Set Vs Nightmare/Voice Set
    For Mausoleum (as it will remain the gold mine and is scaled to level 71) Voice/Nightmare set is far better than any Level 71 gear introduced yet, simply because of the set bonus. I think that the Mire Set bonus should cover Mausoleum as well, unless you guys have different ideas to improve the difference in stats and cover the gap. Endgame gear should eclipse the low level gear IMO.

- Difficulty of the content
    The difficulty of the Swamps is fine for grinding XP for toons and for spirit gear. The difficulty for raids is also fair considering the current gear is meh, and the Mire Set bonus is not enabled yet. Btw, nice boss mechanics and logics, loving the raids Please transform Nightmare Raid into something similar.

- Difficulty of bosses
    Besides of the known bugs I do not see any issues at present. (People struggling with mechanics is fun to watch, time to write a blog on aggro )

- Ultimate Abilities
    The overall cool down and charge time for Ultimates should come down a little. To give you a perspective: I tested them Elite Glint maps, if I am soloing the map then I expect the Utimates to be usable at-least 3 times, i.e., 2 times on mobs and once on Boss. Where as at present I can only use it 2 times. So kindly tweak it.

Now coming to the specifics:

Energize:
    • VFX: Good, and I like that its anchored at player. Though it does not show the radius of effect, its important for players to know the radius to get accustomed to the distance they will need to keep to help the other party member in raids. May be a light circle showing the effect radius will do the job.
    • Skill: No doubt it is a great support skill for empowering your party to do burst damage, but currently we are only able to use it once in a boss fight for a very short duration. The damage output from burst isn't much hence IMO the unltimate should bring CD of all skills to 1 sec.

If you look at it, the heavy damage skills for rogue and mage are already at 2-4sec cd. At present it reduces to 1-2 sec. If you make it 65% it will not make much difference, I think bringing them down to 1sec cd will be perfect. You cant certainly tune it later if it seems OP, but then arent Ultimates suppose to be OP?

Grand Protection:
    • VFX: Umm Cottonkill's shield, seriously? At-least change the color of it to be distinguishable .
    • Skill: I don't see any issues with this Ultimate. There is not such information given in the skill info. Its just there is no content at present where I would waste 10 skill points on a shield that basically does the same thing my arcane shield does but is scaled to my health instead of str/int.
      Anyway, one thing to note is that the shield disappears after sometime even if I don't take any damage, intended? There is no mention of it in the skill notes.

Meteor Strike:
    Oh man I was looking forward for this Ultimate ever since you guys talked and hyped about it. I got so hyped after reading the skill description: "A giant fireball rains from the sky in a large area.." that I leveled to 67 on my toes, no kidding. Then I used the ULTIMATE and it literally broke my heart. I turned from to in a second. Anyway:
    • VFX: Poor. Please make a Fireball rain from the sky. Two major aspect on VFX to show:
      1) AOE radius, show the players the distance the skill covers to make them accustomed to the it.
      2) Show the anchor, I believe this skill anchors on closest mob?(please clarify) If so, I would appreciate if it show a sign for it the same way Time Shift skill does.
    • Skill: Very under-powered and not at all devastating as it says in the skill description. I expect this ultimate to deplete 10% of the level 71 boss's health, I mean you took away DS (12% health depletion every proc), so a 1 time skill should at-least be little power-full in comparison.

A possible bug with Ultimates: Sometimes when I respec in towns or in an active map the Ultimate I choose shows as ready to use, and I was able to use the Ultimate in town and in map. Though I am not able to reproduce this again and again, but I can do it after some interval of time. Sporadic? I dont know.

I will conclude by saying that Ultimates are suppose to be powerful one time skills and the saddest thing will be a misfire, hence please make sure VFX and skill power is set keeping such conditions in mind. Thank you.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 07-05-2018 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Info on bug
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Currently known feelings
    - Ultimates are underwhelming (Is this all Ultimates? Mostly I've heard Ultimate Aimed Shot doesn't feel strong enough)

Current Proposals
    Increased damage of Ultimated Aimed Shot (Min will be ~2.5x stronger, Max will be ~5.5x stronger)
    Increased duration of Medicinal Herb and Refuel to 15 seconds

Please leave your feedback on this thread! These changes would be aimed at releasing next Thursday, July 5th.

Note: We know skills are sometimes getting stuck and are working to solve it.[/QUOTE]

As a new to the Ultimates Rogue I created 3 versions in my skills save area with each Ultimate. Here are my suggestions:

Agree that charge time is WAY too slow as well as usage time.

Why not make them one of the fastest charge times to nearly instant?

With mobs getting stronger (We should all hope), we need all we can to support our teams.

For rogues unable to afford speed sets I like the speed. Especially useful when running to the boss in Elite Southern Gates of Underhul.

Heal is very short. We all use pots for this mostly, so useless.

Aimed power shot ought to be perhaps a muti-shot despite the bow used.

Definately make them more visible. If it effects the entire team they should all glow once selected.

Lastly, STS needs to address skill bar locking, huge pings at times, and maybe put more room around Brawler area so people not wishing to fight don't get inadvertantly killed.

Thank you
    Darkshadowess 67 Rogue

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkShadowess For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post

Besides of the known bugs I do not see any issues at present. (People struggling with mechanics is fun to watch, time to write a blog on aggro )

LOL..... It's been REALLY bad this morning..... Ran festerfang swamp a bunch of times today and have not completed the map once........... Had to ditch them all......... This is why I basically quit running PTs during Maus expansion and confined PTing to events only........ We may need a "blog" AND an accompanying "video" for "mob mechanic" educational purposes.............. LOL...............

On another note, I remember an earlier post that I did saying the mage "ultimate shield" was "not too bad".... I recant...... It breaks like it's nothing....... That shield should just be pure "unbreakable/impenetrable" for a particular duration of time (i.e. 8-10 seconds and not something skimp like 5 seconds, LOL)........................ I'm kind of against there even being a "shield" for a mage ultimate, just my opinion......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Swamp elixirs........

I'm still testing their effectiveness (been using the health regen and the power one) but, I noticed they do not "roll over".... What I mean by this is, if you open the elixir while running the map and you leave the map with time left on the elixir, it does not work when you re-enter the map............

It would be really cool if they "worked" as long as time is still left on the elixir instead of becoming "dead" after leaving the map even though you have "minutes" left until the elixir "wears off".................

LOL.... I just use them because I like the "visual" but, would be nice if they did not just deactivate once you've left the map...... The power swamp elixir seemed to get us through the boss battle pretty quickly, which is why I still have "minutes" left until the elixir wears off........... LOL.....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 07-05-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Kermit called.. he wants the froggy chorus returned to Festerfang!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Could ultimate get a more WOW animation, right now you barely even notice it.
    true rit now they dont feel like ultimates

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Aim rogue Ultimate after last update, need bigger damage, longer duration, or less cool down in my opinion.
    Ds proc on Maus boss still deal greater damage than my aim ulti (rogue) also the possibility of miss fire to barrels in graveyard (or other maps where barrels are around bosses) is a bit annoying.
    Still I'm using this ulti to look how far I can take advantage of it Or will revert back my points to razor :/

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Fixed and focus to the map please. Multiple times bosses freezing on non-timed map and all of us can't access the timed bog.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Ultimates need a visual.......... The lack of a "visual" or some sort of "presence" seems/feels a bit "inadequate"..... I'm using the mage "Meteor Strike" ultimate but, where are the meteors/destruction?? Something seems "absent".... Just my opinion.....

Inspect screen seems incomplete.....

Attachment 169192
    = Lost in the middle of the ocean......

Attachment 169193
    = Much more legible...... The color and the icons are desperately needed........... New inspect layout is great, it's just that "all white" is a design "no-no"..... Just my opinion......
    I completely agree that the animation is missing for that ultimate I wanted to see the meteors but nothing was a tremendous disappointment to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I like fighting Lord Orrick, but the only issue I have with him is that one shot kill move he is constantly doing throughout the fight just needs to go. It's a waste of unnecessary deaths. As for Hydra, I would like to see more mechanics with the tentacles, such as being able to damage the boss after all tentacles are destroyed, and the belly. The fight is also too buggy as well.