Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Elephant In The Room

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Default The Elephant In The Room

Since nobody else is addressing this, I feel that I may need to. No sugar coating.

As we all know, the new expansion has come with pros and cons. The pros are that you finally get to actually farm for gears the way an mmo is meant to be played, through grinding/leveling up etc. I see this to be a good step towards the right direction.

The cons.. all of the bugs being abused by both players and sts. Upon expansion release, boss could be instakilled by tainted sets, and after that was fixed, they’re currently killable by the warriors reflective ult(instakilled).

Now the elephant in the room... the skill bug in relation to the fast cap event.

A LOT of players have been looking forward to this event as it would give them the chance to earn an exclusive banner to show their hard work through grinding maps, rather than only Zeusing their way through the expansion. As before stated, anyone who has been around long enough will know what I mean by “Zeus” through something.

However, due to the skill bug, which is affecting the rogues most heavily, which if I’m not wrong, makes up 40%+ of the player base. It’s affecting every class though, really. Chances are that unless these players drop massive cash for full elixirs(including combo)+easy marsh runs, they won’t be hitting lvl 71 because theyre being slowed down 2x or more. Someone can do the exact math if they wish, but I think rogue clear speed is slowed down by 2-2.5x, give or take.

There is no word on this issue from the developers other than “it will be fixed after the fast cap event”. So basically we got an event in which we all wanted a cool banner and got screwed by this bug, with no compensation/extension currently given by the developers, whom I’ve asked 5-6 times if we are getting anything in return, only to have my question avoided.

Where does this leave us? Those players that can no life their way for 5 days are able to get the fast cap banner, as well as those who are rich enough to drop $10k/year on this game, we know exactly who these players are.

Sorry developers, but not everyone has massive cash to drop on the game. I hope you guys can address to the community some type of event rollback/compensation/etc, because especially as a rogue main, this is ridiculously unfair and rigged.

And Lojack, I do not know if you play as a rogue main, but from how I’ve seen devs play(we had samhayne show a game clip a couple years back), they’re not always as good as some of the players that get more time to play. You told me, in the upper chat box, that rogue is not “unplayable”. As of the time being, it is in a position similar to that.
    Just because players such as Avaree are able to hit level 71 in the top 10 does not mean that everyone has friends geared beyond belief with $2k worth of plat to help boost them to 71. Please consider the rest of the population that is unable to grind 26 hours a day with 8 plat/run.

The expansion seems great, where even if the rich want something first, they will have to farm for it (new raid gears). (Sorry Zeus, that 500 mil can’t help you from getting gears first).

I would like to hear some more input from the rest of the community as well as from developers. Since StS has attempted to become more transparent with the players, I believe this would be a good time to shed some light on the situation.

Please post comments/suggestions, etc. down below.

Update: I think the Tindirin expansion release was delayed by some time due to important bugs/glitches that needed to be solved, and Samhayne was VERY transparent with this issue. I personally feel that waiting another few days for the devs to do a once-over would have been a good idea. To play the expansion without these bugs/glitches would have given far more enjoyment, even though it is basically a recolored mausoleum. The expansion overall seems like it’s been put together within a month and just handed to players. Do the developers even have a plan going forward with this game?

Update: Developers, please lock the thread. The whole point was to get a message across about transparency and about the event for the next few days. It seems however that every 6 year old and their mother on this forums can’t stop getting triggered by words on a screen and see everything as an insult, when I am just using references. Is that wrong?

The whole purpose of the thread was because, as said by some, we are not getting any clear, consistent answer from the mods/dev. Half the people commenting on here haven’t even taken the time to read it, and are going full keyboard warrior.
    Last edited by Oursizes; 07-01-2018 at 09:40 PM.