Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Elephant In The Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Default The Elephant In The Room

Since nobody else is addressing this, I feel that I may need to. No sugar coating.

As we all know, the new expansion has come with pros and cons. The pros are that you finally get to actually farm for gears the way an mmo is meant to be played, through grinding/leveling up etc. I see this to be a good step towards the right direction.

The cons.. all of the bugs being abused by both players and sts. Upon expansion release, boss could be instakilled by tainted sets, and after that was fixed, they’re currently killable by the warriors reflective ult(instakilled).

Now the elephant in the room... the skill bug in relation to the fast cap event.

A LOT of players have been looking forward to this event as it would give them the chance to earn an exclusive banner to show their hard work through grinding maps, rather than only Zeusing their way through the expansion. As before stated, anyone who has been around long enough will know what I mean by “Zeus” through something.

However, due to the skill bug, which is affecting the rogues most heavily, which if I’m not wrong, makes up 40%+ of the player base. It’s affecting every class though, really. Chances are that unless these players drop massive cash for full elixirs(including combo)+easy marsh runs, they won’t be hitting lvl 71 because theyre being slowed down 2x or more. Someone can do the exact math if they wish, but I think rogue clear speed is slowed down by 2-2.5x, give or take.

There is no word on this issue from the developers other than “it will be fixed after the fast cap event”. So basically we got an event in which we all wanted a cool banner and got screwed by this bug, with no compensation/extension currently given by the developers, whom I’ve asked 5-6 times if we are getting anything in return, only to have my question avoided.

Where does this leave us? Those players that can no life their way for 5 days are able to get the fast cap banner, as well as those who are rich enough to drop $10k/year on this game, we know exactly who these players are.

Sorry developers, but not everyone has massive cash to drop on the game. I hope you guys can address to the community some type of event rollback/compensation/etc, because especially as a rogue main, this is ridiculously unfair and rigged.

And Lojack, I do not know if you play as a rogue main, but from how I’ve seen devs play(we had samhayne show a game clip a couple years back), they’re not always as good as some of the players that get more time to play. You told me, in the upper chat box, that rogue is not “unplayable”. As of the time being, it is in a position similar to that.
    Just because players such as Avaree are able to hit level 71 in the top 10 does not mean that everyone has friends geared beyond belief with $2k worth of plat to help boost them to 71. Please consider the rest of the population that is unable to grind 26 hours a day with 8 plat/run.

The expansion seems great, where even if the rich want something first, they will have to farm for it (new raid gears). (Sorry Zeus, that 500 mil can’t help you from getting gears first).

I would like to hear some more input from the rest of the community as well as from developers. Since StS has attempted to become more transparent with the players, I believe this would be a good time to shed some light on the situation.

Please post comments/suggestions, etc. down below.

Update: I think the Tindirin expansion release was delayed by some time due to important bugs/glitches that needed to be solved, and Samhayne was VERY transparent with this issue. I personally feel that waiting another few days for the devs to do a once-over would have been a good idea. To play the expansion without these bugs/glitches would have given far more enjoyment, even though it is basically a recolored mausoleum. The expansion overall seems like it’s been put together within a month and just handed to players. Do the developers even have a plan going forward with this game?

Update: Developers, please lock the thread. The whole point was to get a message across about transparency and about the event for the next few days. It seems however that every 6 year old and their mother on this forums can’t stop getting triggered by words on a screen and see everything as an insult, when I am just using references. Is that wrong?

The whole purpose of the thread was because, as said by some, we are not getting any clear, consistent answer from the mods/dev. Half the people commenting on here haven’t even taken the time to read it, and are going full keyboard warrior.
    Last edited by Oursizes; 07-01-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

I was all set to get 71 in 5 days, it was defidently achievable for me in that time frame. Im wondering how this bug wasnt found out before release? Devs, you've never double tapped a skill? Thats all it takes, one extra tap... It completely changes the way I(and MANY others) have to play. I just gave up on trying/caring about al until this is fixed, as i dont care to worry all map long if my skills are going to stick. Apparently it affects skills in all maps?

All we get is "..stop spamming skills.." And thats the only answer we will get. I am so glad i didnt buy platinum right away and tried out the map first. You cannot "tap the skill again" if its on cd and stop it from sticking. It only affects arrow skills(for me) but if you were using SSS its ridiculous to wait for it to come off cd.

I cant say a specific amount of how this affects gameplay but my killing speed is Defidently reduced, guarantee it. I just dont understand how a bug this bad could have made it through without notice ..

I do feel bad saying things but it really is a shame that this is happening. Not sure how an extra day or two(Said by the devs right away) would have hurt anything. Alot have gave up on the fastcap already so an extra day is pointless from now on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Im wondering how this bug wasnt found out before release?
    Not everyone is experiencing this bug, I'm sure it is likely that the developers didn't experience it while testing.

Also, this isn't the "elephant in the room", a lot of players have been complaining, and you have already gotten an answer. It wouldn't matter if they fixed it today or yesterday due to Apple having to approve the client update, what do you want them to do? It's completely out of their hands when they've fixed it. I'm sure with the time you have spent on the forums complaining you could have levelled up and gotten closer to your fast banner. Lojack has said many times that if you want to fix it temporarily, then you can just use the skills when they are ready, but here we are and you are refusing to do this. It's almost as if you are starving to death, and someone has given you food for a couple of days till you get back on your feet, but you refuse to eat it, because it isn't your favourite meal . Beggars can't be choosers.

I know the bug is frustrating for you, but what good comes from these threads when the bug has already been addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I hope you guys can address to the community some type of event rollback/compensation/etc, because especially as a rogue main, this is ridiculously unfair and rigged.
    Yes, this bug was put in place to actually rig it so rogues were put in an unfair position, definitely, mhm.

Also a rollback? Are you insane? Let's be real.

Just because players such as Avaree are able to hit level 71 in the top 10 does not mean that everyone has friends geared beyond belief with $2k worth of plat to help boost them to 71. Please consider the rest of the population that is unable to grind 26 hours a day with 8 plat/run.
    I like how you've gotten this far to belittle other players achievements. Yes Avaree and her friends are well-geared, but they still have to run the map. A good chunk of the 71's are rogues, and guess what? They've sucked it up and pushed through the bug. To add ontop of that, I don't know where you are getting that "easy marsh, 8 plat/run" theory. A person in my guild was running with Avaree, and I believe they were almost exclusively running the swamp map that EVERYONE has access to.
    Last edited by DalleManden; 07-01-2018 at 02:42 AM.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

- Add 1 day to the fast cap banner event

- Make the first to 71 event the first 10 from each class instead of the first 10 overall because the first 10 overall is unfair for warriors during this skill bug (they have the lowest damage output).

This is more than enough.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

boss banish from pets and weps too :P , hate to play on browser but bug is so annoying xD maybe if u have pc bro just play on browser for the meantime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

........No sugar coating.

Where does this leave us? Those players that can no life their way for 5 days are able to get the fast cap banner, as well as those who are rich enough to drop $10k/year on this game, we know exactly who these players are.

I would like to hear some more input from the rest of the community as well as from developers. Since StS has attempted to become more transparent with the players, I believe this would be a good time to shed some light on the situation.

Please post comments/suggestions, etc. down below.

We all knew expansion was coming. You had every opportunity to to farm gold, buy xp kits, farm for elite runners that carry 60% xp. (I had horded many elite runner 60%xp kits.) You also had every opportunity to awaken gears for xp % gain using the awakening gems we can craft. You also could have farmed/bought and hoarded plat eggs just for the expansion, as we all knew expansion was coming.

Have a nice day (:
    Avy
    12-2012

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Being slowed down 2x or more. Someone can do the exact math if they wish, but I think rogue clear speed is slowed down by 2-2.5x, give or take.
    You're over exaggerating with the "slowed down2x~2.5x or more". Let me tell you my experience, then what you have to realize, lastly being where you could've been now.

My status, literraly 0% xp, no lix, abaddon, perma xp nor xp on gears, and you know where this is going.

I am indeed a mage, that 3 of my skills are suffering from this bug, and to top it all up, I'm not rich either. I have 1.8k dmg with a gun, and you know what that means? People dont invite me as I am weak and can easily be substituted, I need to invest time also finding for a party, random at worst cases.

5 days might be insane for most, but Devs saying "effort=reward" is truly motivational, so you might be asking, where am I now? Currently at lv69, 12k more to 70 and have 2 days more.

You might be wondering how? This is because I belief in the "effort=reward" statement, as compared to others who cry about the bug ruining their chances to cap, I infact didn't go for that route just to waste time, but rather focus on being productive in playing.

Saturday & Sunday are my only chances as I have school, dedicated 14hrs on Saturday, 11hrs Sunday just to compensate for school days, and to reach where I am now today. Actually played 3hrs on Friday, and will be doing the same for Mondays and Tuesday, I calculated that I will cap at the dailies of tuesday.

So what you have to realize? Now you know, me, a player w/o any sort of xp helping me out ( besides the lixes I open for turning in dailies ), weak gears, effort finding decent teams, have school, and like everyone else, I have the bug too that still managed to cap. So whats different?

I'll break it down, you and others who made same excusses isn't the reason why you wouldn't cap. It's how you spend your time with your thinking. Basically, you are being unproductive and dont believe in the "effort=reward". If you truly wanted that reward, you should've find ways like I did to reach it.

So what did you do? You wasted precious time into making a thread about a topic that was adressed several times before, and what did this thread do? Nothing, as if making more of these will fix the bug sooner. I assume you dont even dedicate youself into leveling, and even when you started, you get frustrated. So wheres the effort in that?

You should've already been in my place if you TRIED.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Um...sts has said MANY times that they are looking for a way to fix the skill bug, but it will take some time. Be patient

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Patience is a virtue. And remember this, they're trying their best with this, they aren't looking at us laughing, they'd prefer it gone just as much as you do. But it's not a simple fix, your "double tap" is a lot of code at work. Your screen looks the way it does because of this code, and every single game has bugs. This doesn't ruin the experience, I'm pushing through it just fine and have learnt to coexist with the problem.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shocan For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Your postings would be better served without trashing another player.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Verbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    Your postings would be better served without trashing another player.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I haven’t trashed any players. I just used an example. Since everyone knows this already it should be common knowledge. Sorry your feelings are hurt because you’re perception sucks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I admire the players who have levelled up to 71. I used to cap quickly until a couple of years ago. I just don't like the map. I am doing all daily quests to level up, not just running festerfang and I'm in no rush. I don't think it helps to criticise players who have managed to cap, it comes across as sour grapes and if people have prepared for the expansion and enjoy it then that's all to the good. Everyone has a right to do whatever makes them happy. I don't happen to like the map, after all the waiting it's disappointing but I shan't lose any sleep over it, the night-time grinding finished for me long ago. I must be getting old, I find myself chatting to Bjorn in Kraag a lot...he doesn't answer back. 😉

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Stop attacking Zeus please.

Keep the opinions without calling people out

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Hmmmm , where is my whine cup? Cuz the sour grape juice is flowing freely!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Stop attacking Zeus please.

Keep the opinions without calling people out

Thanks
    If I’m not wrong he is no longer even active in the game. Maybe if players weren’t favored calling out wouldn’t happen so much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

“Favored “ it what way? Skills, dedication and perseverance? The ability to roll with the punches and shake it off? Cmon, remember its a game. If your not having fun , maybe try something else.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

This will turn into a lot of drama very quickly...
    but point is, sts is trying very hard to please ppl (which is very hard to do). A couple of ppl have requested gh furnishings and the time when someone has last been seen. Every time u do an update, especially a big one such as the expansion, there r gonna be issues. Can’t be helped. AL does not have alpha to test things out before they release their updates. They only do beta. They might not see an issue but when they hit that “update” button, problems will occur.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

What is Zeusing XD ?

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    “Favored “ it what way? Skills, dedication and perseverance? The ability to roll with the punches and shake it off? Cmon, remember its a game. If your not having fun , maybe try something else.
    Joined in 2015, yet you don’t understand what I’m saying, what a shame. Sts has been known for favoring heavy spenders/whales in the past, whether it be pet transfers, unknown information, ign requests etc. It wouldn’t be surprising if they still were giving out information to certain players that wasn’t given out to the general popultion. It’s happened before.

And how about you leave your afking in towns and not the festerfang maps, so 3 players aren’t forced to fight a 4 player battle? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhguhbuhbuh View Post
    What is Zeusing XD ?
    It’s basically being the first to achieve everything through the means of throwing cash at your screen. Whether it be levels, new items, sets etc. Long before items were farmable, Zeus was the first person to have everything, even arcane ring and SnS, when they were 100m and ~300m(?) respectively. This was in a time where it was very difficult, if not impossible for a f2p player to get that kind of gold without playing 25/8 or for 12 years.

Now it has shifted to a more farm oriented thing, which will force the remaining players to either wait or actually play the game how it’s meant to be played if they want to be the first with new gear.