Thread: Map Clearing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Map Clearing

Map clearing is essential for many different campaigns in order to advance to the next chapter.

The really annoying thing is, sometimes it’s an open map and you can’t find every single enemy, and you’re left with one or two left. And sometimes it takes many minutes of clueless wandering to find the last one.

My suggestion is: when the boss is killed of the chapter, then the next chapter should be unlocked. It’s a real hassle to keep walking around in a big map (i.e. Ancient Swamps, Alien Oasis I, Alien Oasis II first chapter, Alien Oasis III first chapter, etc)

Thank you!
    Last edited by epig; 07-03-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to epig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Thats honestly debatable. Some maps have a certain number that has to be reached in order for the boss to even spawn. If you can specifically point out maps where this occurs, it would be easier to just fix that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Thats honestly debatable. Some maps have a certain number that has to be reached in order for the boss to even spawn. If you can specifically point out maps where this occurs, it would be easier to just fix that.
    Not sure where your standpoint in this is..

I understand that there are maps, a lot of them actually, that require bosses to only spawn after a fixed X amount of mobs have been killed, but those kinds of maps are the maps I’m talking about. Having someone go straight to the boss without killig anything would be effortless. Unlocking other chapters of the campaign should require effort, not aimlessly looking for the final one or two mobs. I think fixing just a few certain maps would be odd in some campaigns and in all honesty just wouldn’t feel right. Having one map be cleared after killing X amount of mobs and a boss, then to another one that involes clearing the whole map? No..

I see where you’re gettintg at, sort of.. I do think there should be maps where you have to clear the whole map in order to advance onto the next level, but for many campaigns, it’s a tad annoying to have to wander around for minutes looking for the last mob if you end up missing it.

Time is a very, very precious commodity, and when I choose to spend it on this game in my leisure, I don’t want to have to spend a chunk of it wandering around looking for a small enemy that I’d kill almost insantly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epig View Post
    Time is a very, very precious commodity, and when I choose to spend it on this game in my leisure, I don’t want to have to spend a chunk of it wandering around looking for a small enemy that I’d kill almost insantly.
    Old times going around the map multiple times in that dark Alien Oasis map just to find the last three mobs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Communion For This Useful Post: