Thread: have to ask abt this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Default have to ask abt this

hey,so not sure where to post this but. i was playing AL earlier,suddenly i started reconnecting then dced. somthing poped up asking for username and password with a message like ''sign in to secure your connection'' but i ofc didnt trust it since i know sts wouldnt ask for it, so i reloaded the game then it worked. question is did anybody have this before? been playing the game for 4 years and never encounterd this. ty
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Never encountered that but wow you should watch out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Check for these :
    - Was that popup even connected to AL ?

- Did you install any programs from anywhere besides a place thats owned by sts that could be connected to AL ?
    ( A phishing app that drops your connection and tries to fool you into trying to reconnect through it ? )

- Perhaps your routers setup page opened ? usually they look similar to what you described . Mine sometimes pops up randomly .

- Someone messing with your network with mitm ... do you get random security issues/redirects when browsing ?

Thats all i can think of besides it being a random popup from something you installed . Anyways , causing a dc and then making the user re-type the login info is a popular way to steal passwords so watch out .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Check for these :
    - Was that popup even connected to AL ?

- Did you install any programs from anywhere besides a place thats owned by sts that could be connected to AL ?
    ( A phishing app that drops your connection and tries to fool you into trying to reconnect through it ? )

- Perhaps your routers setup page opened ? usually they look similar to what you described . Mine sometimes pops up randomly .

- Someone messing with your network with mitm ... do you get random security issues/redirects when browsing ?

Thats all i can think of besides it being a random popup from something you installed . Anyways , causing a dc and then making the user re-type the login info is a popular way to steal passwords so watch out .
    Thanks,and nope i have not installed anything for a while. Only opend the Al page on chrome and my connection was working normally,it was quiet weird

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

This is normal for me. It asks if you are logged into more than 1 gmail accounts , it can ask you to log in to chrome and connect you to AL.

I assume you use sts email which does not ask for the details again. I think you accidentally misc licked and was asked to sign in through chrome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Yeah that happens alot ^^ you could have simply miss clicked on the login screen . But i amuse it would happen more often than once in 4 years ....

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    This is normal for me. It asks if you are logged into more than 1 gmail accounts , it can ask you to log in to chrome and connect you to AL.

I assume you use sts email which does not ask for the details again. I think you accidentally misc licked and was asked to sign in through chrome.
    Yea i just use the login from email, but i was just running a map. The window that poped up was small and in a rectuanglar shape it didnt have to do with chrome or sts which is why i got really curious.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You really should use and click only the AL icon (assuming you already entered your email and password
    To avoid those kinds of confusion.
    Lvl 16 rogue, lvl 71 rogue IGN jackyhorse