Thread: IGN Giveaway: Who is the hero? villain? known as "Meanjoe"?

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Default IGN Giveaway: Who is the hero? villain? known as "Meanjoe"?

CONTEST ACTIVE

Here is another IGN giveaway for the name Meanjoe.

Just write a short origin story about Meanjoe, how did he get the name?, is he really mean? if so, why?

The contest starts after 3 entries. Once I have 3 entries..I will close contest and pick a winner. Easy peasy.

good luck all
    Last edited by Java; 07-24-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Once upon a time there was PvP twink called meanjoe. Meanjoe was very mean to everyone in PvP; rich, poor, pro and even to Nubs!!! (Unbelievable I know)

Meanjoe was very rich and egoistic, he thought that having best gears filled with eye and para gems will make him best PvP player in the world.
    However it didn't, meanjoe was losing almost every versus against rich, poor, pro and even noob players! (Ok obviously he wasn't losing against real nub ungeared players but you get the point)
    So he trashtalked them in result and people started to calling him mean, and this is where his name comes from.

Meanjoe wasn't always mean. He was an endgame PvE player and as everyone else he enjoyed killing monsters, farming events, running elites.. But one day he stopped and thought that he wants to be SOMEONE. He wants to be famous, rich, pro. He wants people to look at him with respect and think "Damn, I want to be like him" Thus he sold everything he had and made a twink =D

But as said earlier, joe, I mean meanjoe, had no skill. He was spamming buttons thinking that he will kill everyone around (he's rogue by the way)
    And of course that didn't happen.

Meanjoe became famous for being mean and "rich with no skill" people laughed at him and to make himself feel better, he was even more mean that before.

After time passed, meanjoe had no mood to play PvP. He felt really sad because this isn't someone he wanted to be. He sold gears, moved back to endgame and was nolifing the ursoth event to keep his mind busy. Meanjoe had younger sister, called Katy. She was very sweet and kind girl. Basically we can call her Kindkaty.
    Even though kindkaty wasn't playing AL, she noticed that there's something wrong with him and asked him what happened. He told her whole story and it was very hard to believe as she knew her brother very good and never ever thought he would be able to be so mean. After hours talking about the issue, she decided to help meanjoe be "less mean"

She made a character and helped her brother to explain and guided him on how to apologize to the players and never be mean again. Players forgave him and they became friends, he returned to the Twink PvP and was happy. He was playing until the PvP got ruined with awakenings =P

Legends say that Meanjoe is still playing somewhere in the endgame together with his sister kindkaty. The only difference is that he isn't mean anymore.
    Last edited by Nohealth; 07-07-2018 at 09:54 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nohealth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Contest is back on....
    Last edited by Java; 07-24-2018 at 09:07 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Lol I didn’t even see this one

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Just pulling this contest due to lack of participants. Cheers all
    Maybe redo the contest at a later date ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to C.U. For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

If anyone wants to enter, I''ll pick a winner once 3 ppl enter contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I will tell my mates !

Ty Java.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In the early days of Arcane Legends there was a guy called Timmy. Timmy had just gotten a new tablet for his birthday. He was looking for a new game to play since he had a lot of time to kill. Timmy was 9 years old at that time and he was not very familiar with the official English language, because he was from a small town in a small country called Luxembourg. Timmy found a game called "Arcane Legends". He saw a big strong warrior fighting monsters with a pet beside him. Timmy decided to download the game after asking his parents if he could. Yes Timmy was a very sweet innocent boy.

Once Timmy started to get the hang of the game he started making friends. He became friends with a guy called Joe. Joe was an experienced player. He was max level, had around 100k gold and just knew everything you could about the game. Joe knew Timmy was a little kid, who barely spoke English. However Joe accepted the challenge. He wanted to make Timmy a God at Arcane Legends and he even wanted to help Timmy improving his English.

About three months later Timmy could speak better English. He was at max level cap and he enjoyed grinding out the game with Joe. He decided to make an account for them together with all their good gear and gold on it. He did not know a good name so he decided to call the account "Meanjoe". No this does not mean that Joe is a mean person. In fact, Timmy did not speak English very well so Meanjoe actually meant Me and you. He thought just thought that you wrote it as me an joe. Thats cute right? Well Joe actually thought that Timmy did not like Joe that much after all. Once Timmy did not grasp Joe he said, the account is for us it means me an joe. Then Joe laughed at his pc (they were not talking to eachother so he laughed lonely at his pc lol). Joe thought it was an original name so they kept it.

A few years later once season 5 was announced, the account was STACKED. S-T-A-C-K-E-D. It had the best gear, the best vanities and the original season 1 banner. Joe was so inlove with the account that as soon as Timmy logged onto it he was pissed. Joe decided to take it into his own hands. He changed the email and password and made the account for himself. He basically scammed Timmy. Timmy did not realise this yet, however after he received an email from STS stating that the account email and password has been changed he started to cry. He instantly contacted Joe on social media, however Joe already blocked him. Timmy knew he was scammed. Poor Timmy told his mum about this and his mum said: well Joe is a very mean person. You deserve better. Then Timmy realised the name even made sense. Joe WAS mean since he had scammed poor Timmy. After this Timmy gave up on Arcane Legends and decided to study. Right now Timmy is the smartest kid in class and is already thinking about buying his future Lamborghini.

Moral of the story: Never trust someone you do not know in real life.

And Timmy, I hope you get that lambo!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremies For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It was a rainy day the winds whipped as Joe sat in his cozy volcano tavern. He heard there was a major sale on mangos and thought why not go get some mangos in this rain. You see Joe doesnt eat meat. He loves fruits though. Joe got on his magma dragon and went to the store to get some mangoes in this awful storm. On the way he passed a group of what appeared to be imps (just mages). They were looking for shelter the winds had pushed them around back and forth and Joe laughed as he passed them by. Joe made it to the store and purchased 10 mangoes. The storm seemed to settle as he went home he seen the same group of people looking for shelter were now looking for food. Joe thought it would be nice to share his mangoes. When he talked with the group he told them his name was Joe and he was bringing them mangoes. Well they didnt like mangoes so they refused. Joe got on magma and started on home and thought how rude they were for not taking his offer. Joe turned around and pegged each of the mages in the head with mangoes. And went on home. In the middle of the night Joe was sleeping hard when the mages bound him to his bed. Joe woke up to the mages before in his room. They were not just regular mages they were zombie mages!!!! They shoved those mangoes down his throat repeating meanjoe meanjoe meanjoe. Joe freaked out and woke up. The bartender told him the bar closed hours ago and found him in the corner passed out drunk. Man I need to quit drinking said joe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fidelth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fidelth View Post
    It was a rainy day the winds whipped as Joe sat in his cozy volcano tavern. He heard there was a major sale on mangos and thought why not go get some mangos in this rain. You see Joe doesnt eat meat. He loves fruits though. Joe got on his magma dragon and went to the store to get some mangoes in this awful storm. On the way he passed a group of what appeared to be imps (just mages). They were looking for shelter the winds had pushed them around back and forth and Joe laughed as he passed them by. Joe made it to the store and purchased 10 mangoes. The storm seemed to settle as he went home he seen the same group of people looking for shelter were now looking for food. Joe thought it would be nice to share his mangoes. When he talked with the group he told them his name was Joe and he was bringing them mangoes. Well they didnt like mangoes so they refused. Joe got on magma and started on home and thought how rude they were for not taking his offer. Joe turned around and pegged each of the mages in the head with mangoes. And went on home. In the middle of the night Joe was sleeping hard when the mages bound him to his bed. Joe woke up to the mages before in his room. They were not just regular mages they were zombie mages!!!! They shoved those mangoes down his throat repeating meanjoe meanjoe meanjoe. Joe freaked out and woke up. The bartender told him the bar closed hours ago and found him in the corner passed out drunk. Man I need to quit drinking said joe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Read the entire story once i saw the line "Joe turned around and pegged each of the mages in the head with mangoes" it was truly intriguing.

Your story was amazing and made me chuckle, 100% A++

Name:  wutkk.png
Views: 127
Size:  117.7 KB
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 08-03-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Contest requirements have been met, contest is closed to new entries and I'll decide a winner SOON.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post: