Thread: I need some advice

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default I need some advice

I recently got a $50 iTunes gift card and I am debating whether or not to buy 800 plat with it. If I did make this purchase, how would I get the most out of the plat (farming with elix, buying items, etc)? How much gold could I reasonably expect to make with it? Also, I am currently an 85 bird with a darzac set. How much plat would I need to spend to cap, and what elixirs/other things do I need to get to cap? I guess I should’ve asked this earlier but is it even worth it to use my gift card on this large amount of plat? I just got back into the game after a long break and am hoping I could make a lot of gold/cap if I did make this purchase. Thanks for any responses/advice.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Lots of variables. When used correctly Platinum can be priceless. Do you already have an oktal pet? Oktal pets are excellent in helping level up. Or you could hold onto it until our next pve event, and use it on elixirs to try and gamble up the gold for everything you need, and just grind it out until then

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The trade friendly sets from the prize vendor in some cases hold good value and can make you a nice profit if sold at the height of its value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Farm the PVE events that usually happen every two weeks. A single vanity dropped from these maps could make you instantly rich, depending on what you think is a large sum of gold. When farming these maps, your goal is to hit Gold Tier (usually 35k points). Depending on the event, Gold Tier unlocks a gold farming zone where you can gain up to 3m gold per hour. With the new bonus gold loot applied to amulets, this could potentially be 11-12m per hour. You will need to purchase an elite amulet that is awakened or one with bonus gold loot (preferably 250%+).

With this gold farmed, purchase a Dev Dragon from CS. This pet works in almost every map and can be quite useful in capping. Your first goal in the game should be to purchase one of these pets, because life gets a lot easier in PVE once you do so.

After doing this, you have two options:

Either cap the old-fashioned way, which could potentially take up to 10 hours from level 85 to level 105.

Or

Cap using your 800 plat and do Maxx Cave runs. You will need to purchase a ticket for every single run and you can find these tickets in the store/shop. You will gain approximately 200-300k xp per run, depending on your luck, and should cap within 2 hours. However, it is vital that you have a Dev Dragon equipped for these runs as I previously stated, or else you will be one shotted and/or do no damage to the mobs. It is also vital that you have a full team to run the Maxx Cave with you, otherwise you will not be able to complete the map as a level 85 bird.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for all the advice (especially the in-depth advice-dolloway).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I would personally stay 85 until the next pve event. Then use the 800 Platinum for special elixirs... I used my 85 last event and made quite a bit of profit without using an absolute extreme amount of Platinum.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Ok, sounds good. Thanks for all the advice (especially the in-depth advice-dolloway).
    Isn't he dreamy? <333

8. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: