Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rework the hawkens talon proc

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Rework the hawkens talon proc

The hawken talon is being used by every class because of the OP proc. 10k health, 1k armor, and the increased dodge gives the user 8 seconds of invinsibility. I suggest the proc adds 100 hit, 50 crit, and 150 dmg so that it would better suit the a birds role.

A birds role is to kill not to tank everything.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

+1 good luck... This topic has been brought up before, although I suggested switching the talon proc and sword proc. Both to help birds kill, and help bears in 1v1 situations without making them ridiculously op in team play.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    The hawken talon is being used by every class because of the OP proc. 10k health, 1k armor, and the increased dodge gives the user 8 seconds of invinsibility. I suggest the proc adds 100 hit, 50 crit, and 150 dmg so that it would better suit the a birds role.

In all honesty, this is avoidable just by kiting. Regardless of class, its very easily avoidable. If they have OP enchants, maybe not so much. I see no problem with the talon proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

10k HP & armor? Way too crazy. I don't see any other proc being anywhere close to this. Probably this is why I wonder I see so much unskilled mages turning to talon so that they could exploit it's proc stats.

I agree that birds need more damage instead of this armor.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    In all honesty, this is avoidable just by kiting. Regardless of class, its very easily avoidable. If they have OP enchants, maybe not so much. I see no problem with the talon proc.
    In 1v1s this is true but when you play a ctf match in rockwall vs 2 talon mages it is extremely annoying due to the fact that you cant really stop them from continuously reviving each other. And a talon class can tank 5 people in 5v5 maps.

I know it has been brought up in the past but it should continue to be brought up until the proc is changed.

Also the cheap players who get the talon proc up then quickly change to bow for an easy kill is very lame and should be changed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

In 1v1s this is true but when you play a ctf match in rockwall vs 2 talon mages it is extremely annoying due to the fact that you cant really stop them from continuously reviving each other. And a talon class can tank 5 people in 5v5 maps.

I know it has been brought up in the past but it should continue to be brought up until the proc is changed.

Also the cheap players who get the talon proc up then quickly change to bow for an easy kill is very lame and should be changed.
    I haven't seen anyone doing that yet, but it doesn't surprise me...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

This is why i agree with class restrictions as it would bring back skilled 1v1 more and would cause people who play dagger rhinos or dex mages to actually play their class. This is why i enjoyed 100 cap with 4pc. It was balanced aside from mage being easily nuked by bird and bear. Rhino was still extremely broken but required skill to play woth 4pc.

Though with the though of str rhinos in 5v5 ctf, ive already experienced this. It is not fun at all because of how tanky rhinos are in a 5v5 situation with another mage. It makes them extremely OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The weak side of using talon is the proc doesn't occur often and the player cant summon the proc when they want it to occur.

The dev should not try to focus on 5 classes and focus on the main 3 classes only. Have Rhino and Fox contribute less to PVP. Going to be hated by some but oh well.. The amount of time spent on tuning PVP takes too long with 5 classes. Too many variables to focus on. By the time we have a decent PVP at endgame, the new sets will be released and we might have to repeat the process all over again on tuning PVP. Bear is broken while we talk about Talon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_20180710-111217.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  221.5 KB

See above ^^

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20180710-111217.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  221.5 KB

See above ^^
    Nope. Thanks for playing :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Nope. Thanks for playing :-)
    Sir, you seem like you're in a bad mood today. I'm getting a lot of negative energy from you that I haven't seen in quite sometime.

I hope you're okay and that you have a pleasant day.

If you ever need to talk I'm here for you, friend.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I really haven’t been having any issues playing against talon builds. Just kite, kite, and nuke when there is an opening. I personally think that the talon set is a great set for ‘noobs’ to learn with. They’ll start realizing it becomes too inconsistent vs other sets (like bow and wand).

@Cinco — Here for you as well, buddy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I really haven’t been having any issues playing against talon builds. Just kite, kite, and nuke when there is an opening. I personally think that the talon set is a great set for ‘noobs’ to learn with. They’ll start realizing it becomes too inconsistent vs other sets (like bow and wand).

Exactly. Its not hard to play vs talon set. Even when people have OP enchants on all their pieces, its still easy to kill. Though i can agree its a bit annoying when people play talon on all classes in a 3v3 or 5v5 situation. It makes the whole game full of procs and not skill. Its just like str rhinos in teams being extremely op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Exactly. Its not hard to play vs talon set. Even when people have OP enchants on all their pieces, its still easy to kill. Though i can agree its a bit annoying when people play talon on all classes in a 3v3 or 5v5 situation. It makes the whole game full of procs and not skill. Its just like str rhinos in teams being extremely op.
    Yeah, fights can be a bit tedious when the other team is stacked with talon sets — doesn’t necessarily mean it’s more difficult, just simply annoying and unusually long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yeah, fights can be a bit tedious when the other team is stacked with talon sets — doesn’t necessarily mean it’s more difficult, just simply annoying and unusually long.
    Even with a talon team (2 talon mages, 2 talon bird and int mage), The team you were on was able to win 10-3 5v5 ctf yesterday.

There are limitations on talon set to be honest.
    1) Proc doesnt guarantee that it will occur
    2) Mage talon cant heal others well.
    3) The amount of dmg/skill is reduced on mage.
    4) Mana is useless on talon mage

Yup, its not necessarily more difficult. Its just a different PVP style players are trying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Even with a talon team (2 talon mages, 2 talon bird and int mage), The team you were on was able to win 10-3 5v5 ctf yesterday.

There are limitations on talon set to be honest.
    1) Proc doesnt guarantee that it will occur
    2) Mage talon cant heal others well.
    3) The amount of dmg/skill is reduced on mage.
    4) Mana is useless on talon mage

Yup, its not necessarily more difficult. Its just a different PVP style players are trying.
    Yeah, honestly that CTF game yesterday really proved that talon sets aren't all that OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

From a farming point of view, the talon proc is so beneficial.

The blue gaurdians hit so hard, and its an instant one hit kill if you are do not have the correct gear on. The defensive procs of the 1-h weapons are much needed to counter the new campaign - The Mad Mages Maze.

Pvp wise yes, end game pvpers will be all drawn towards the set and class that gives you an advantage over choices.

However, the CTF tourney hosted by Ghost has revived CTF arenas and as pointed out, it is not just one on one and now its more team based type of play, and the classes, sets and enchantments do not effect over all CTF team experience and skill.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Yes, procs are great for pve! As for end game ctf being revived, there's zero ctf games in action right now (and only two arena games) for the 105 zone - ctf games are actually quite rare compared to the old days, even with this ctf tourney going. The biggest turnout for pvp action in years was for the pvp guild event, which Reborn helped PC win and that was arena, not ctf. That was also a lot of fun. Hopefully more people get into pvp this summer, as it can get rather stale otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Having always played as a fox vs. a talon set, I previously had found it to be udder-ridiculousness to try to fight (I have 0% chance of winning). That being said, after reading this and getting the perspective of another class (mages just kiting it out), I now find that talon proc may just be a necessary evil to better balance the fox from being able to kill everything.

So thank you for your perspective!

P.S. I see that someone thinks I am being sarcastic, and I'm honestly not lol. Sorry if it comes across that way, it isn't my intention.

-Walie
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-11-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I now find that talon proc may just be a necessary evil to better balance the fox from being able to kill everything.
    Mother of sarcasm :O

But seriously:
    I think that the fox problems arn't based on the opness of talon proc.
    Fox just isn't as good in (endgame) pvp as the other classes. That's a topic in itself which also was discussed multiple times.
    Ty Cinco