Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rework the hawkens talon proc

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post
    Mother of sarcasm :O

But seriously:
    I think that the fox problems arn't based on the opness of talon proc.
    Fox just isn't as good in (endgame) pvp as the other classes. That's a topic in itself which also was discussed multiple times.
    Foxes are a lot better than people think they are.
    Now of course foxes cant handle a 2v1 aswell as the other classes BUT they are not designed to do so, foxes can do what they are supposed to do very well. The fox class is supposed to be an assassin.

If you are not paying attention and you get hit by a fox that knows what they are doing you will die. The other 4 classes you could recover and still win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I liked fox in honer set pvp.
    But as soon as the other team had a bear it became pretty hard - especially because of stuns
    Ty Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post
    I liked fox in honer set pvp.
    But as soon as the other team had a bear it became pretty hard - especially because of stuns
    That's where the fun for me begins! I used to hate facing bears when I first started playing fox. But after 50+k fights 1 on 1 that last about 3-5 seconds, I found that facing a bear in a teamfight actually makes the class a lot more interesting to play, and makes your successful assassinations feel much more rewarding.

That being said, the skill ceiling for fox is higher than ever before, and it is causing people to dislike the class. Unlike other classes, I would say it takes several thousand fights to finally start figuring out how to play it properly in endgame.

Nonetheless, I don't want to derail the original topic and steal the thread from the original poster. Talon proc is interestingly strong, but I think it honestly balances fox out. With the evasion armor buff, fox is much more successful with an extra second or two to live, and thus able to get assassinations more consistently if played correctly.

P.S. I die a lot because I am the squishiest class at endgame, but I am yet to get less than 26 kills in a single Nexus game, even when the rest of my team is getting under 10. The class is very good at killing things, as I believe it should be. But I also die about 30-40 times for every 20-30 kills, so it feels balanced to me.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-11-2018 at 08:39 AM.