Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Total combinations for enchants

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Thats crazy if you think about it though, the only thing that has less amounts of enchants is a 1h weapon.

2h weapons have 102 different enchants that have a possibility of being repeated alot. Mind sharing the formula used to find the percentages? Ill will update my post with these today
    Yeah, it's crazy that an amulet is one of the more favorable things for getting good enchants, yet the percentages are still disgustingly low. If you can tell me how many different enchantments there are for things other than amulets, i'll sit down and work out the percentages for desired rolls. i have no way of checking as i have yet to finish the quest which allows you to enchant.

As far as converting to percentage:

the formula c = a^n, where a is the number of enchantments, c is the combinations and n is the number of slots, gives you the possible combinations of what you might roll with replacement (how we believe the system works). Naturally raising this answer to -1, (to give c^-1) will give you the chance of 1 possible combination occurring. This resolves to be a decimal answer.

Of course, decimals are equivalent to percentages, just a different notation, to convert 1/c to a percentage, you simply multiply by 100.

Ex. for 2 slots, you compute 59^2

59^2 = 3481
    3481^-1 = 0.0003 (1s.f.)
    >this is the chance for one event to occur (eg the desired roll)
    0.0003 x 100 = 0.03
    0.03 is the percentage equivalent to the decimal chance, of course becoming 0.03%

Hope that makes sense :]
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 07-10-2018 at 05:58 AM.