Thread: Let’s Revolutionize Auction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Lightbulb Let’s Revolutionize Auction

So this came to while I was looking to buy mireguard helm for rogue.

I was thinking what if there was a section in auction where people could post what they wanted to buy

How would this work?
    1. There would a number/ name associated with all items in the game like it currently does e.g Nekro
    2. People would toggle auction like normal and all items in the game exist in this list ( only 1 of it exist to prevent overloading servers)
    3. Select the item they wanted to buy, pay a fee of 10k to display their ign next to the item for 1 day so people can tell who is buying the items. Multiple ign can be seen within 1 item. Maybe a new window within the item.
    4. Wait until someone pm you or vice versa.

( duration of it would need to be adjusted depending on demand and availability and other factors )

I think this would help make selling and buying things lot easier.

It’s a great gold sink and would make towns more friendly rather than just merch spams and endlessly remapping to find sellers/buyers.

It’s a bit like a bounty for items.

Thoughts down below,

If +1/ -1 please write why or why not so devs and come up with solutions if you can’t think of a solution to a problem

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Basically auction but inverted XD the buyers pay the tax not the sellers.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    Basically auction but inverted XD the buyers pay the tax not the sellers.

Kind of but not really,

If we need/ want something bad then we can promote it for a limited time. It won’t cost same as listing an item for sales as prices increase e.g 20-30m.

If people know what are people want then it would help with listing items and actually selling them rather than hoping someone will buy it by chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Kind of but not really,

If we need/ want something bad then we can promote it for a limited time. It won’t cost same as listing an item for sale.

If people know what are people want then it would help with listing items and actually selling them rather than hoping someone will buy it by chance
    Same goes for person buying Hoping someone's selling XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    Same goes for person buying Hoping someone's selling XD

I guess you are correct but some items costs like 100k to 5m to list. This is a smaller investment and allows people to connect better

It’s better than not knowing at all and people don’t usualy list items worth 50m+ which end up distorting value of items because they are perceived to be rarer then they are. People just won’t want to risk all that gold Hoping someone would buy it. I does happen but rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Nah I got no prob with the idea just saying it's the inverted version of current auc
    I guess you are correct but some items costs like 100k to 5m to list. This is a smaller investment and allows people to connect better

It’s better than not knowing at all and people don’t usualy list items worth 50m+ which end up distorting value of items because they are perceived to be rarer then they are. People just won’t want to risk all that gold Hoping someone would buy it. I does happen but rare.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to marsu4u For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

No from me.

Alot of work for merchers benifit. Sure other would too but it would take away from the gold sink that is the Cs by guiding people to do street trades. What is suggested is like a loophole avoiding a large tax from the Consignment shop. Also, as with anything, this could be manipulated.

Its pretty transparent as to how this system would go lol.

Better off revolutionizing the auction by adding trade tax in towns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

It’s more for buying stuff easier to find sellers and buyers. I don’t care about how much gold I have to pay. Just don’t want lol around towns for weeks to find items I need/want.

You out of ur mind if you think people will want to agree to adding tax in Street haha.. I can already see the hate coming f for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nice idea but i think global Shout system( lets name this item "Megaphone") would be a better direction. paid for premium price and can be sold in kits, w/ a seperate "Shout Tab", and there will be option to disable shout to appear in Main Chat and will only appear in Shout Tab, No On-Screen Pop ups for this \

Speaking of street trade, instead of spamming in town over and over again , why not have have this item( lets call it Set-Up Shop) whereby you can sell your items and Set-Up Shop in a map(usable once,paid for a premium price like item previously suggested and stays up for a limited time even if your offline) w/ limited # of items to be posted, disadvantage of this is only people entering that town is limited to seeing this ;p .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think this is a good idea. It's kinda like the buy listings on the steam market. You find the item, add a listing (with your price, etc), and when an item has been listed for your price, you automatically buy it. Of course here it doesn't rely on the auction house but rather on players, which is fine too
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

No one see how this is a COMPLETE LOOPHOLE around auction tax? Thats what this system would be used for, the vast majority at least. I would say your out of your mind also good sir if you think this idea has a chance, hence me bringing up an equally absurd idea .

Almosy everyone will say "+1" ect but truly do not understand what this kind of system would do.

Bad example: player1 is buying dragon blades, and see that player 2 is selling them(through this system). Player 1 then waits till player 2 logs on and they cut out the auction altogether after they know whos buying/selling. The "gold sink" the op think would be added(10k was used as a placeholder so that 10k is the tax now) is now the only kind gold sink as the CS is cut out after the players "connect".

So do that on items that are 10m++, thats alot of tax thay would be lost, which is the wrong direction. All of this is my opinion amd would like it if someone could shed some light on how im wrong because its early and im sure i worded something wrong .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    No one see how this is a COMPLETE LOOPHOLE around auction tax?
    You are correct, hence why a better system would be to set-up a listing system where you pay to create a listing for x-item for x-price, and then when an item has been listed in the auction that meet your criteria, you will automatically buy it. You could put a timer on these listings for example, 12 hours, 1 day and 3 days, so we don't have people buying everything.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You have to pay a listing fee and also put up the money for your offer. No collateral, no offer.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Disagree, Its just an inverted version of auction.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

So this came to while I was looking to buy mireguard helm for rogue.

I was thinking what if there was a section in auction where people could post what they wanted to buy

How would this work?
    1. There would a number/ name associated with all items in the game like it currently does e.g Nekro
    2. People would toggle auction like normal and all items in the game exist in this list ( only 1 of it exist to prevent overloading servers)
    3. Select the item they wanted to buy, pay a fee of 10k to display their ign next to the item for 1 day so people can tell who is buying the items. Multiple ign can be seen within 1 item. Maybe a new window within the item.
    4. Wait until someone pm you or vice versa.

( duration of it would need to be adjusted depending on demand and availability and other factors )

I think this would help make selling and buying things lot easier.

It’s a great gold sink and would make towns more friendly rather than just merch spams and endlessly remapping to find sellers/buyers.

It’s a bit like a bounty for items.

Thoughts down below,

If +1/ -1 please write why or why not so devs and come up with solutions if you can’t think of a solution to a problem
    Honestly this would be bad at all

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk