View Poll Results: Here? Or there?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Head for THE ARENA OF HONOR and PVP GLORY!

25 45.45%
  • Head for THE MAD MAGE'S CASTLE and RARE LOOTS

30 54.55%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [A Fork in the Road]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Wait why is this such a big deal? We just had a pve event last time, why not do one weekend pve then next pvp and rotate...?
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

FFA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Wait why is this such a big deal? We just had a pve event last time, why not do one weekend pve then next pvp and rotate...?
    IKR, some making at such a big deal even talking about town booth vote, it's just a choice, and another time there's gonna be another kind of event. We don't even need a booth in town and still we certainly (100% accuracy) say that majority of the players in pl want pve event because they don't do pvp.

Not voting because it really doesn't matter which comes first but pvp event should definitely come.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-12-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Make it Arena of Honor l61 with look alike demo sets...Chinese counterfeit made demo sets. We all have l61 chars in our closet somewhere hoping to return to it someday. Also it’s easy to reach l61. The points should be individual points. Players that reach a certain point wins gold, silver, and bronze. Prize should be access to mad maze castle to loot gold, drop vanities by killing gold skeleton and myxx with higher drop rate , and purchasable items with plat/gold.

Make them earn it lol
    Was pretty cool to start with but Arena of honor has some flaws and I have had this in mind for long. There can be another arena of honor (if unwilling to change current) beside current where all the sets have bit more armor/ damage stats than existing close to zero stats. L50 pink sets can be an example / parameter to start with and then latter some balance adjustment.

Major issues is that - stats get negative if debuffed, which then treat as zero making it less effective, stats being too low. So basically honor is NOT oldschool pvp, we need to make it REAL oldscool pvp.

Other than that fact I don't think we really need L50 to do pvp, can do with 105 with some adjustments. But it's a good suggestion as well if cinco want to work on that, higher level sets comes with higher dodges and we have dodge cap in place so, adjusted L50 sets could be perfect.

P.S. We can also have one L105 elites existing map pvp event after some proc and balance tweak specially changing talon proc from 1k armor 10k hp to 200 armor 200 dmg and slight nerf of dagger and wand proc.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-12-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    IKR, some making at such a big deal even talking about town booth vote, it's just a choice, and another time there's gonna be another kind of event. We don't even need a booth in town and still we certainly (100% accuracy) say that majority of the players in pl want pve event because they don't do pvp.

Not voting because it really doesn't matter which comes first but pvp event should definitely come.
    Yeah most like Pve and want it, I agree, but still doesnt mean it’s gotta be all about Pve, PvP players need their fair share no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Was pretty cool to start with but Arena of honor has some flaws and I have had this in mind for long. There can be another arena of honor (if unwilling to change current) beside current where all the sets have bit more armor/ damage stats than existing close to zero stats. L50 pink sets can be an example / parameter to start with and then latter some balance adjustment.

Major issues is that - stats get negative if debuffed, which then treat as zero making it less effective, stats being too low. So basically honor is NOT oldschool pvp, we need to make it REAL oldscool pvp.

Other than that fact I don't think we really need L50 to do pvp, can do with 105 with some adjustments. But it's a good suggestion as well if cinco want to work on that, higher level sets comes with higher dodges and we have dodge cap in place so, adjusted L50 sets could be perfect.

P.S. We can also have one L105 elites existing map pvp event after some proc and balance tweak specially changing talon proc from 1k armor 10k hp to 200 armor 200 dmg and slight nerf of dagger and wand proc.
    Aw yessss L50 or 55 sets!!!! That was the best ever!
    Last edited by Jig; 07-12-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Cinco, I love you but I’m getting event fatigued. As an avid pvp player I think PVE events are doing just fine. Personally didn’t find the first pvp event enjoyable at all. A CTF arena of honor does sounds very exciting, not sure if the arena sets need tweaking though. Reason why I say CTF is a better option is because this really brings out the best in players. I know personally, the most fun I’ve had in PL has been in the past 2 months. Getting on discord(application similar to skype to chat/voice chat a lot of players at the same time) practicing CTF for the tourney but having fun at the same. I will assume most active players can agree with me, the strongest friendships they have built have been centered around or through pvp/ctf(apologize to those special PVE folks in advance) . CTF overall has a more competitive side to it, camaraderie, forcing players to communicate and work as a team towards one objective. Let us have something that holds intrinsic values to us. Those friendships we build through working as a team, communicating, and getting to know one another. That’s also an important thing for most common players in this game. If you do read this, thank you for the taking the time. I don’t want to discuss the current state of pvp with anyone else. Just pointing out some of the things that actually matter other than virtual costumes used for virtual characters which hold no value other than look and vanity. I’m happy to follow up on this with anyone outside of this thread, send me a PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

This thread got me shook.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    Cinco, I love you but I’m getting event fatigued. As an avid pvp player I think PVE events are doing just fine. Personally didn’t find the first pvp event enjoyable at all. A CTF arena of honor does sounds very exciting, not sure if the arena sets need tweaking though. Reason why I say CTF is a better option is because this really brings out the best in players. I know personally, the most fun I’ve had in PL has been in the past 2 months. Getting on discord(application similar to skype to chat/voice chat a lot of players at the same time) practicing CTF for the tourney but having fun at the same. I will assume most active players can agree with me, the strongest friendships they have built have been centered around or through pvp/ctf(apologize to those special PVE folks in advance) . CTF overall has a more competitive side to it, camaraderie, forcing players to communicate and work as a team towards one objective. Let us have something that holds intrinsic values to us. Those friendships we build through working as a team, communicating, and getting to know one another. That’s also an important thing for most common players in this game. If you do read this, thank you for the taking the time. I don’t want to discuss the current state of pvp with anyone else. Just pointing out some of the things that actually matter other than virtual costumes used for virtual characters which hold no value other than look and vanity. I’m happy to follow up on this with anyone outside of this thread, send me a PM.
    Event fatigue? Hasn’t there only been 2 events..? With a week in between?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Event fatigue? Hasn’t there only been 2 events..? With a week in between?
    There have been four events total now, one of which provided only a mere 24 hours to rest until the next event popped up (gold farming zone reward ended after 5 straight days of farming Mad Mage/gold farming zone, then another event popped up 24 hours later).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi Cinco! Would like to suggest about the loots, i agreed to some ppl to remove the old loots like eggs and put new items/loots. I suggest if you can do a new vanity pets with cool effects or style. And lastly i just want to say i like Mad mage castle event even though i accidently vote to the pvp honor XD. Thats all thank you!
    Last edited by Peeweelee; 07-12-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    We are Born to Spread Goodness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

By the way, I think Cinco's vote should count for 1,337 votes since he's an Admin and the most elite on forums

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

OK once again I'm down for mad mage but for the loot So many people payed op would be nice if they could hold a little value. I've been talking to some people and they would like to see new vanity that can be dropped and save the eggs for events in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We trek across the smoky mountain ridge high above Alterra.
    It's hot up here and we're out of potions so we decide to head back down.
    But where should we wind up?
    Two destinations emerge as the clouds part below us: the Arena of Honor... still shaking from the last realm-shattering conflict, and the Mad Mage's Castle... still full of secrets and rare items.
    Where should we go?
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’m one of those people. I payed crazy amounts for my eggs.Two weeks later lost over 60% of its value. I’d like to see them hold some value and not become completely worthless. It would be a waste. We have enough eggs. Try giving us new vanities. Let the eggs hold some value they are pretty. Would be sad to see them become like any other worthless item. Giving us new items make it much more exciting which motivates me to buy more plat $$$. and at the same time items would hold some value which in my opinion is actually good for the economy. If all loot will eventually become worthless why spend plat and farm. I’ll wait a couple of weeks and buy it at a fraction of the price. Items need to keep some value to them in order for people to actually want to spend $ to loot them. That’s just my opinion.
    Last edited by Jon123; 07-12-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I worked pretty hard for my 1 egg I dropped so far total.

Hording an item, then complaining​ about it losing value is counter intuitive. Nearly every single item ever looses it's value over time. Had you all sold the eggs, the gold would be retaining the same value the eggs originally had when they were all 10m+

So essentially what I'm seeing imo, is some people have multiples from hording them and are terrified of the thought of losing "value"...

I spent hours upon hours grinding, and thousands upon thousands of Platinum 76 cap putting Savage sets on 5 toons, dex sets on 2, and ofc my first set ever, my fiery set. All of those lost half their value nearly over night when 77 cap was released. (Savage sets cost 4m+ then)

It also seems like people are assuming we are keeping the 105 cap indefinitely, meaning any future pve events would be in the same map. If a new cap/maps are released, we could never see the mad mage Castle again. And a new map I would assume would have new items. Then what would the value of eggs do over time? Perhaps what esb, ewt, and ems did? Skyrocket through the roof when people realize, no more will come into circulation ever?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Jilsponie;2845224]I worked pretty hard for my 1 egg I dropped so far total.

Hording an item, then complaining​ about it losing value is counter intuitive. Nearly every single item ever looses it's value over time. Had you all sold the eggs, the gold would be retaining the same value the eggs originally had when they were all 10m+

So essentially what I'm seeing imo, is some people have multiples from hording them and are terrified of the thought of losing "value"...

I spent hours upon hours grinding, and thousands upon thousands of Platinum 76 cap putting Savage sets on 5 toons, dex sets on 2, and ofc my first set ever, my fiery set. All of those lost half their value nearly over night when 77 cap was released. (Savage sets cost 4m+ then)

It also seems like people are assuming we are keeping the 105 cap indefinitely, meaning any future pve events would be in the same map. If a new cap/maps are released, we could never see the mad mage Castle again. And a new map I would assume would have new items. Then what would the value of eggs do over time? Perhaps what esb, ewt, and ems did? Skyrocket through the roof when people realize, no more will come into circulation ever?

Coming from someone who never buys plat. Most of us who spend hundreds of $$$ per event Buying plat would like to see the items hold “some” value.
    Last edited by Jon123; 07-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Never buys plat? How have I spent 50k then? Another assumption... In fact you apparently didn't read very close if I noted spending thousands farming 76 cap, and you say I "don't buy Platinum".[QUOTE=Jon123;2845226]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I worked pretty hard for my 1 egg I dropped so far total.

Coming from someone who never buys plat. Most of us who spend hundreds of $$$ per event Buying plat would like to see the items hold “some” value.
    Last edited by Jilsponie; 07-12-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jil I spend 500-600 $ per event farming. Probably purchased 30 K in the last few weeks alone. If items Continue to lose 90% of the value within a week I will obviously stop farming and do like yourself cry on the forums for cheap items. This has absolutely nothing to with hording. I’m simply giving my opinion I think new items should hold some kind of value to them if people are going to continue to spend loads of money to farm doesn’t make sense to farm worthless items Again this is just my opinion
    Last edited by Jon123; 07-12-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon123 View Post
    Jil I spend 500-600 $ per event farming. Probably purchased 30 K in the last three weeks. If items Continue to lose 90% of the value within a week I will obviously stop farming and do like yourself cry on the forums for cheap items
    That's your fault... Bosses have the best drop rates from what I've seen and heard, and the gold skeleton elixir giving more gold skeletons slows you down... Try critical thinking. Other than those elixirs the event is free... as far as "crying for cheap items" I'd be getting the same drops so.... It's not like I'm having a double standard, sorry if you don't like what I say, or understand economics​.

Last edited by Jilsponie; 07-12-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coming from someone who claims he buys plat. Is now telling me that it’s my fault and that the event is free. Tell that to Cinco who depends on people who actually spend money on the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon123 View Post
    Coming from someone who claims he buys plat. Is now telling me that it’s my fault and that the event is free. Tell that to Cinco who depends on people who actually spend money on the game
    He does that to everyone. If you disagree with him, youre basically wrong and according to him, you only disagree with him just because hes jil.

In regards to having items keep value. They should be alternated out and eventually taken out permanently. Eggs should stick around for maybe 1 or 2 more events and then be gone. Maybe just keep red for 1 event more then the others. Keeping value in items is part of a healthy economy and just continuing to diminish its value by keeping them permanently isnt good. During 76 cap, when starries were added. They were in extreme demand as i sold my first one for 35m after farming for atleast 30hrs. Back then runs were really slow depending on the team and combo blessings. Took up to 1-1min 30sec to finish one run. They held value for atleast a month and then started dropping into 9-10m area depending in the color. Then the skyrocketed up to 25m for atleast 2months because of demand and then dropped back down. They continued ti fluctuate alot and then when we started getting gear that helped us clear slayer faster, they dropped in price. Now with dev/psyko in the mix. You can easily farm 3 starries in a day with an easy team clearing the salyer map in less then 15 seconds. Basis of what im saying, just like jon is saying. We shouldnt keep deminishing item value on things like eggs because they are easier to farm then the other items on the loot table such as white lightning and black gold. Those have extrmely low drop rates compared to eggs. People who spend plat to acquire items in game shouldnt have their items value destroyed by the continuous addition of eggs being farmable every pve event. White lightning and black gold are extremely rare and very few sets have been made from 3 pve events that included white lightning bringing maybe 5 or 6 full sets and random pieces. While as the black gold set has 3 or 4 shields and 2 armors and maybe 3 helms? One person has the only set completed.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 07-12-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

^ Disagreeing jils for being jils has become basic forum norm.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post: