View Poll Results: Here? Or there?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Head for THE ARENA OF HONOR and PVP GLORY!

25 45.45%
  • Head for THE MAD MAGE'S CASTLE and RARE LOOTS

30 54.55%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [A Fork in the Road]

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Question [A Fork in the Road]

We trek across the smoky mountain ridge high above Alterra.
    It's hot up here and we're out of potions so we decide to head back down.
    But where should we wind up?
    Two destinations emerge as the clouds part below us: the Arena of Honor... still shaking from the last realm-shattering conflict, and the Mad Mage's Castle... still full of secrets and rare items.
    Where should we go?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Those rare loots are becoming much less rare. I would suggest pulling the oldest loot and throwing on some new ones
    (Blue/gold egg, WL armor helm)
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I would like the event to be a PvE event, but i would like to see the eggs removed from the loot table (they are too common as it is) and see some new items that can be looted such as black starry/black holo. Or a new type of items that are original ideas.

I think we should get White Lightning added back to the loot table 1 or 2 more times and we should see Black Gold added back 3 or 4 more times.

Black soh and black mfa would be cool items to see aswell.

It doesn't matter to me if the event is guild or solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I'm torn. On one hand, I like the phat lewt that comes from Mad Mage's Castle, as well as racking up PVE kills and leveling alts. On the other hand, I love the chaos and excitement that comes with a pvp event.

If we are going to have an Arena of Honor event, I'd recommend that we make it so that it's an individual event this time (less teaming and holding spots) and make it so that only three members of a guild can join a pvp zone at once (this prevents people holding spots even more).

I'd also recommend that perhaps the winning team in a game has a chest or barrel that spawns at the end of the match and rare loot can drop from it at a very low chance like in Mad Mage's Castle. Currently, barrels in pvp have very low odds to drop items such as the Blood Red Plate of Legend, so this might go with the pvp theme. This will encourage players to try to win games more too and not just let their guildmates farm their teammates by holding the spots as I said.

If we are going to do a Mad Mage's Castle event, I think it's time to remove the older loot as Alphasemana said (old eggs) and bring in new loot. That doesn't mean that these old items can't come back in future events, but they have currently lost enough value to not be as exciting of a drop as they once were when they first came out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I love both of these events, but what would make me go with the Mad Mage's Castle for sure is having new loot added to the table. It's exciting to get Red, Blue, or Gold eggs as drops, however it's going to bring less and less excitement over time, so at some point we can take them out of the loot table and add something new in, and if players want, we could possibly add the eggs back to the loot table in a future event.

Events are supposed to be thrill-packed. Having new loot added to the Mad Mage's Castle will definitely help fulfill that.

As for the Arena of Honor, I also agree for it being individual, but don't make the threshold for the tiers. I played around at least 10 (probably more) hours on the previous individual event and received bronze. With the previous PvP event, basically everyone had gold tier and it didn't make it that exciting, but that was because the amount to get to gold tier was extremely easy to reach.

Long story short, don't make the threshhold too difficult to reach so that other players that have a limited amount of playing time can reach it too, but don't make it too easy.
    Last edited by epig; 07-11-2018 at 12:21 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to epig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Mad mages castle, Individual event.

Surprise us with the thresholds for each tier. Give us something to earn.

New vanities such as black starry sounds exciting. Include 105 amulets and weapons bought for pl gold.

Lootable rare items again can be white lighting and black gold. Remove useless amulets, as drops.

If there is a gold farming tier have at least a day break after the weekend so as we can recover, farming 5 days straight with little sleep does put strain on many of the committed players welfare.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Great ideas from all here! I'd disagree about removing eggs just yet... 5m isn't cheap, and that's a Payday for newer players, and even an amount I was thrilled to receive last event. I mean, we are talking about all of a sudden, as fast as you can drop an egg, a poor player can afford a set and cheaper oktal pet to make it to endgame.

I'd definitely support a pvp event being individual based, and restricting the number of guild members per room to 3.

Either way I'll farm for kills or items

Can't be thankful enough for the continued events here in pl! (Thanks for the break from them too!)

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Great ideas from all here! I'd disagree about removing eggs just yet... 5m isn't cheap, and that's a Payday for newer players, and even an amount I was thrilled to receive last event. I mean, we are talking about all of a sudden, as fast as you can drop an egg, a poor player can afford a set and cheaper oktal pet to make it to endgame.

I'd definitely support a pvp event being individual based, and restricting the number of guild members per room to 3.

Either way I'll farm for kills or items

Can't be thankful enough for the continued events here in pl! (Thanks for the break from them too!)

We are saying to replace the eggs with a different item...and if we had another event with the eggs in them they would be around 1-2m. Who would care to drop a 1m vanity item?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Honestly... Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    We are saying to replace the eggs with a different item...and if we had another event with the eggs in them they would be around 1-2m. Who would care to drop a 1m vanity item?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Id rather see us head back to the mad mages castler bringing back the same loot but removing blue/gold eggs for a bit to come back in future events.

Id say we add more to the loot table for myxx and bring back black gold and white lightning. Add a white lightning mantle/egg or maybe even add another set of items. Demon lightning or maybe even new starry colors. I enjoy grinding out pve events as they are more enjoyable in my opinion. Pvp is just killing people and not enjoying the chance to get something from it other then kills and a vendor.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 07-11-2018 at 02:07 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Wow. You are rich!

You're welcome.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Wow. You are rich!

You're welcome.
    I would just like to see some new items added to the loot tabke and to see the eggs removed so they can atleast keep some value. There are very few ways that a player can earn a lot of gold to afford a set. And getting a 1-2m drop will not help much.

A dev dragon to help someone level up quick costs 9m while a 105 set costs anywhere from 15-40m. Depending on the enchants that are on them. To afford an unenchanted endgame set a player would have to drop atleast 7 eggs if this were to happen. Highly unlikely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Two destinations emerge as the clouds part below us: the Arena of Honor... still shaking from the last realm-shattering conflict, and the Mad Mage's Castle... still full of secrets and rare items.
    Where should we go?
    AD&D much? Nice poll.

Mad mage's castle. Individual events seem ideal for many reasons. Portals in towns. Tiered event. Leave the old loot, add new loot as well - a large loot table is a healthy loot table. Increase myxx spawn rate and add an elixir for myxx as well. The event shouldn't take over people's lives for 3 days, so the thresholds should be much, much less than during the last event. Consider adding the forgotten weapons ideas I submitted to the next gold map component. If there is one this time around, stagger the gold phase to give people time to recover, starting it a week later or adding an elixir (which counts down only while in the gold map) that lasts X long to allow people to farm gold at their convenience.
    Last edited by Draebatad; 07-11-2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added tiered event

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I would just like to see some new items added to the loot tabke and to see the eggs removed so they can atleast keep some value. There are very few ways that a player can earn a lot of gold to afford a set. And getting a 1-2m drop will not help much.

A dev dragon to help someone level up quick costs 9m while a 105 set costs anywhere from 15-40m. Depending on the enchants that are on them. To afford an unenchanted endgame set a player would have to drop atleast 7 eggs if this were to happen. Highly unlikely.

I see what you mean about the blue/gold eggs keeping value. Think about it this way though. What if we keep those in the loot and add more to the loot table for both myxx and from gold skeletons? If we add more loot to the already somewhat sized loot table for myxx anyways, we can increase the loot table for gold skeleton which on comprises of 3 items at the moment. Maybe add black starry/holo and then add demon lightning/white lightning mantle/egg to myxx loot table while increasing the spawn rate, then thats a balance id like to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

And rip a little longer 5v5 ctf tourney.

February 2019: guys, since the guild events have slowed down, try to get your matches finished up by March. - Ghost

Just for the lulz ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I was always for keeping the rare drop items rare and only have them farming able doing that one special event. But Because eggs are a part of a set I think now they should continue coming back.

Would be nice if ever event had one special drop that only for that event.

I like how there is tier so any one or guild can win. For solo events each class should have different points to reach and there own leader board. Class with out much aoe like rhino can’t get too leader board.

I also like in the past event like pocket legend last birth day we’re we could get drop items for our own levels. But didn’t like how the drops were random levels. If you want a level 10 drop use level 10 char etc

Also like the portals for events. I didn’t know when the pvp event was going to happen. I was in town in there was a yellow portal so I tried to get in and it had clear directions how to participate (get cheap armor from plat store)

I’m ready for a new type of event how about co op monster rush. So basically we enter a portal with and wave of monster come at us. After each 10 waves we move to a different floor and the monsters get harder. Oh and ever 10th wave there is a boss battle. Higher the wave the better chance of the good loot.

Instead of having points base on how many floors you make it to have it base in monster kills boss worth more and ever 10 floor the points for monsters go up.

Let us revisited some of the old boss battles. And maybe update them to have spells that have to be avoided buy getting out of range or getting close or even braking or there armor. Also be nice if there if we had some new bosses there actually have killer abilities.

Or maybe a raid event we’re we have to go threw a dungeon and everone have to use same gear like in that pvp event but have it were each class can bring something unique to the team. Like add a new temp skills that only usable in that raid. So all class are useful and fix taunt skills. And give tanks armor boost a lot that way if a group try’s to raid without a tank they wipe. And also raid boss should do good amount of aoe damage requiring mage to heal. Some boss can have tick damage and rhino tick heal would be great for that boss. Maybe even some boss heal and need to be burst down so would need to boost bird and fox damage for that dungeon to get the job done. Jus a idea

Oh yeah and everyone that enter the raid is the same exactly level for the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Good to see another event making its way into the game! Really appreciate all the work and effort put into it! Hope to see some cool new loot thrown into the mix! [:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default [A Fork in the Road]

Oh maybe would be cool if there was a fishing tournament. So like water pops up near towns and we can fish for points and still be able to chat. Or we trade the fish in for gold to a vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my pockets are empty would like another gold event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post
    Oh maybe would be cool if there was a fishing tournament. So like water pops up near towns and we can fish for points and still be able to chat. Or we trade the fish in for gold to a vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my pockets are empty would like another gold event
    ...... Bizarre indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where should we go?
    I say Another Mad Mage Event

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk