View Poll Results: Here? Or there?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Head for THE ARENA OF HONOR and PVP GLORY!

25 45.45%
  • Head for THE MAD MAGE'S CASTLE and RARE LOOTS

30 54.55%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [A Fork in the Road]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Latko and a 85 set can get you to 100 fast... Then sell both, buy a 100 set to go to 105... If you leave out the gameplay factor of cause and effect this makes sense... But seeing how we are talking about new players, they don't need a 105 set, cuz they ain't 105... They don't need a Dev because latko is nearly as good until 100...

I could mix words around all day and make great things sound horrible, and horrible things sound great... 1-2m is alot to most players... I've capped every class since 76 cap and 1m is alot to me. It's definitely an amount I'd like to have, as opposed to not having... We are talking about 10-20% of the original gold cap...
    Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    I would just like to see some new items added to the loot tabke and to see the eggs removed so they can atleast keep some value. There are very few ways that a player can earn a lot of gold to afford a set. And getting a 1-2m drop will not help much.

A dev dragon to help someone level up quick costs 9m while a 105 set costs anywhere from 15-40m. Depending on the enchants that are on them. To afford an unenchanted endgame set a player would have to drop atleast 7 eggs if this were to happen. Highly unlikely.
    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Latko and a 85 set can get you to 100 fast... Then sell both, buy a 100 set to go to 105... If you leave out the gameplay factor of cause and effect this makes sense... But seeing how we are talking about new players, they don't need a 105 set, cuz they ain't 105... They don't need a Dev because latko is nearly as good until 100...

I could mix words around all day and make great things sound horrible, and horrible things sound great... 1-2m is alot to most players... I've capped every class since 76 cap and 1m is alot to me. It's definitely an amount I'd like to have, as opposed to not having... We are talking about 10-20% of the original gold cap...

So you would rather see items worth 1-2m than to see new items worth 15+ so if a new player dropped one they could automatically buy themselves a endgame set? And idk about you but i would much ratherget a 15m item than a 1m item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

A Mad Mage Event Would be nice I suggest instead of eggs make new colored wings or some type of new vanity helmet or even new dragon pets
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We trek across the smoky mountain ridge high above Alterra.
    It's hot up here and we're out of potions so we decide to head back down.
    But where should we wind up?
    Two destinations emerge as the clouds part below us: the Arena of Honor... still shaking from the last realm-shattering conflict, and the Mad Mage's Castle... still full of secrets and rare items.
    Where should we go?
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    And rip a little longer 5v5 ctf tourney.

February 2019: guys, since the guild events have slowed down, try to get your matches finished up by March. - Ghost

Just for the lulz ^
    Quite the knee slapper lol

I’d rather have an individual PvP event!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    So you would rather see items worth 1-2m than to see new items worth 15+ so if a new player dropped one they could automatically buy themselves a endgame set? And idk about you but i would much ratherget a 15m item than a 1m item
    That's assuming the item in question has a demand, and low drop rate... The current items are part of a set thus will always have a demand.

"Wow you are rich! You're welcome!" - Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

"Leave the old loot, add new loot as well - a large loot table is a healthy loot table"

The newer items will have more value, no worries Idevour.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I would prefer another pve event just because pvp still makes me feel like Imma have an adrenaline induced heart attack. I like the idea of it being individual rather than guild based because playing musical guilds doesn’t appeal to me. Love the idea of the forever wanted (and joked about) black starry. Thanks for the continued work on pl!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    "Leave the old loot, add new loot as well - a large loot table is a healthy loot table"

The newer items will have more value, no worries Idevour.
    That is what i am wanting is new loot if new loot is added and eggs stay i dont care i just want new items added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I say do the Arena of Honor event again but fix it so teaming and holding spots won’t be an issue, just clean 3-3s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Id still rather see a pve event because people still would rather actually have something to go for and not just sit in a pvp match for kills the whole time. Its a bit annoying to just sit there in pvp and get kills for 3 or 4 hrs without having anything to gain except kills. I enjoy killing in pvp but its not fun to do it for 3 or 4hrs straight.

Pve would keep people more interested then a pvp event. People are still after that rare loot on top of trying to have fun farming kills. Though i understand the farming kills is the same concept in pvp. I dont think it will hold up compared to pve events. Ive thought about events like this being a cycle. 2-3 pve events then a pvp event and then a solo pve event. That way everyone knows whats ahead and can prepare for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Id still rather see a pve event because people still would rather actually have something to go for and not just sit in a pvp match for kills the whole time. Its a bit annoying to just sit there in pvp and get kills for 3 or 4 hrs without having anything to gain except kills. I enjoy killing in pvp but its not fun to do it for 3 or 4hrs straight.

Pve would keep people more interested then a pvp event. People are still after that rare loot on top of trying to have fun farming kills. Though i understand the farming kills is the same concept in pvp. I dont think it will hold up compared to pve events. Ive thought about events like this being a cycle. 2-3 pve events then a pvp event and then a solo pve event. That way everyone knows whats ahead and can prepare for it.
    Yes, that's why I suggested the winning team in a pvp game would have a a barrel or chest spawn to explode/smash open at the end of the game and the barrel/chest would have a low chance of dropping rare vanity loot, just like in Mad Mage's Castle. Currently, we have barrels in pvp that have rare items drop like the Blood Red Plate of Legend as I referenced in my original post.

Perhaps there can be a certain loot table unique to both the Honor of Arena and another one unique to the Mad Mage's Castle as well, so that players would be interested in playing both over the course of the events ahead rather than prefer one over the other because of the loot aspect.

This would also lower the chances of people holding spots because this gives every player an incentive to win a game for the loot rather than just hold spots for points.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 07-11-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Yes, that's why I suggested the winning team in a pvp game would have a a barrel or chest spawn to explode/smash open at the end of the game and the barrel/chest would have a low chance of dropping rare vanity loot, just like in Mad Mage's Castle. Currently, we have barrels in pvp that have rare items drop like the Blood Red Plate of Legend as I referenced in my original post.

Perhaps there can be a certain loot table unique to both the Honor of Arena and another one unique to the Mad Mage's Castle as well, so that players would be interested in playing both over the course of the events ahead rather than prefer one over the other because of the loot aspect.

This would also lower the chances of people holding spots because this gives every player an incentive to win a game for the loot rather than just hold spots for points.
    Even then idk how i feel about a loot table for pvp. In all honesty. It should be for everyone. Not just winners. Th problem would be delaying the screen that shows you who got what kills to allow you to go for said loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would like to see another pvp event since we have only had one of those so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Pvp Event!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pve event and instead of another new dragon set/egg color add a black or white starry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default [A Fork in the Road]

I would like to see a pvp vendor we’re we can trade points in for items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalktrade points in for pvp items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    I would like to see another pvp event since we have only had one of those so far
    We may have had only 1 so far but we have only had 1 event in between this event and the last pvp event. Like i already stated. It should be run in cycles. 2-3 pve events, 1 pvp event and 1 solo pve event. Would be expected and everyone can prepare for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

No offense against the arena of honor as another event platorm. But, as you can see here, just about everyone asking for a pvp event is from a single pvp guild. Indeed, very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve. Take that into consideration, regardless of the results of the polls, as the polls do not reflect the reality of what will be most interesting to the player base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Pvp event!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

The more I think about it... The more an individual PvP event sounds like fun

Especially since, as people pointed out, our last event was pve.