View Poll Results: Here? Or there?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Head for THE ARENA OF HONOR and PVP GLORY!

25 45.45%
  • Head for THE MAD MAGE'S CASTLE and RARE LOOTS

30 54.55%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [A Fork in the Road]

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    No offense against the arena of honor as another event platorm. But, as you can see here, just about everyone asking for a pvp event is from a single pvp guild. Indeed, very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve. Take that into consideration, regardless of the results of the polls, as the polls do not reflect the reality of what will be most interesting to the player base.
    Apex, Aggravate, Restoration amongst others — I respectfully disagree. I think the vast majority of players would love a PvP event.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default [A Fork in the Road]

Why can’t we have pvp and pve ent at same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkand for gold farming we can fish and trade fish in to vendor for gold and if it’s a event that takes 15-20 hours for some class how about making it a week long event
    Last edited by Hjable; 07-11-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

No offense against the arena of honor as another event platorm. But, as you can see here, just about everyone asking for a pvp event is from a single pvp guild. Indeed, very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve. Take that into consideration, regardless of the results of the polls, as the polls do not reflect the reality of what will be most interesting to the player base.
    Not true... For Honor I say!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Apex, Aggravate, Restoration amongst others — I respectfully disagree. I think the vast majority of players would love a PvP event.
    To add onto this: Family, Virgin, etc.

Also I think some people may be making accounts or using alt accounts to try to rig the poll, so you should take the outcome with a grain of salt. I see there are those individuals with zero posts and/or no activity for several years voting in this poll lol. Whether or not these are actual players or alt accs, I do not know, but the outcome of the poll does not necessarily represent the community.

In addition to this, we have to take into account sampling bias. Not everyone uses forums as stated before, so we are missing a good chunk of both pvers and pvpers alike.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 07-11-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Apparently the core points were missed?

"very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

"very few active players even use the forums and as such, their voices and votes will never be heard or seen. If the goal is to see a huge level of player participation, then the Mad mage's castle is the obvious choice for the community as a whole, as the vast majority of active players are strictly interested in pve"
    Spam in town for people to join forums

If they aren't going to be a part of the community, they can't really complain. Our feedback is important to devs, so players should be active on forums. I know I've noticed a huge influx of unfamiliar names posting here also. So I'm not sure this is accurate. In fact if a few is about 3, and way more than 3 people are posting here... It's definitely not accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

So a handful of forumers like to PvP — that doesn’t discredit the myriad individuals that also enjoy PvPing. I ran into so many new players during the first PvP event saying things like “Wow dude, you’re really fun to play against. I can’t wait to PvP more.”

People complained about the tiredsome grind during the PvE event. Cheers to the Honor Map

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Yes, this will benefit a small minority of people and not the community. All of a sudden people want to get active on forums when it will benefit them. I enjoy killing in pvp and yet still dont see how pvping and recieving loot based on winning is going to be fun for people who want said loot. I certainly never learned how to pvp in 72hrs nor did i learn how to teamplay in that time either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

People complained about the tiredsome grind during the PvE event.
    "The event shouldn't take over people's lives for 3 days, so the thresholds should be much, much less than during the last event."

As I've been saying in all of my feedback, there needs to be respect and balance for people's time and health, the events should not take nearly as much time as they did last time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

"The event shouldn't take over people's lives for 3 days, so the thresholds should be much, much less than during the last event."

As I've been saying in all of my feedback, there needs to be respect and balance for people's time and health, the events should not take nearly as much time as they did last time.
    I’ll rephrase that. From what I gathered, the tedious PvE event actually put the PvP event in a much grander light. Players took a liking for the PvP aspect. There are just as many players who like PvP as are there players who enjoy PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I’ll rephrase that. From what I gathered, the tedious PvE event actually put the PvP event in a much grander light. Players took a liking for the PvP aspect. There are just as many players who like PvP as are there players who enjoy PvE.
    Okay? So there are just as many players who like pvp as they do pve? Then why isnt pvp more active? I mean by that logic, there should be more people then the ones that people constantly see. Sure, you see a few randoms here and there at random but not as many as people think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I see one pvp game at 105 zone right now and over 60 pve games at all levels.
    Last edited by Draebatad; 07-11-2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Pve level zones

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

The same can be said of pve... I look for mad mage farming runs every day, and usually when I find 1 the map doesn't even fill up. 2 or 3 of us are there clearing the entire map, a 4th joins on occasion just before the boss.

When I see no maps I search PvP games, that typically fill up quickly unless it's a 5v5 map, then it still fills in a short period...

Today both Forest Fight, and the honor arena have had players nearly all day...

What you 2 are saying... From a "single guild" just doesn't match my observations.

Have some honor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Okay? So there are just as many players who like pvp as they do pve? Then why isnt pvp more active? I mean by that logic, there should be more people then the ones that people constantly see. Sure, you see a few randoms here and there at random but not as many as people think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I see 7 pvp games, at least 10 locked PVE bot games that constantly run 24/7 in the same zone, and around 20-25 PVE normal games across all levels right now.

Also, not every game is full, so we also have to keep in mind the amount of players in each.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

60 pve games at 100+? Looks to me like 0 of these games are 100+... Mad mage would be showing right here...
    I see one pvp game at 105 zone right now and over 60 pve games.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    The same can be said of pve... I look for mad mage farming runs every day, and usually when I find 1 the map doesn't even fill up. 2 or 3 of us are there clearing the entire map, a 4th joins on occasion just before the boss.

When I see no maps I search PvP games, that typically fill up quickly unless it's a 5v5 map, then it still fills in a short period...

Today both Forest Fight, and the honor arena have had players nearly all day...

What you 2 are saying... From a "single guild" just doesn't match my observations.

Have some honor

False equivalency. The reason the endgame maps are dead is because the majority dont see a point in farming a map that takes a decent amount of time to clear even with a party of 5. There is no loot worth gathering unlike 77 and 76 cap where people could find games because there was actually something worth farming.

Dont forget to check how many people run the plat maps to either level or craft gear they need or want to sell. They are way more profitable and you have people still running them to farm for other pieces as they have a better drop rate. I still farm slayer to this day for starries and its fun to grind them out to acquire them because they are still desired by merches and even just regular players that love asthetics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    60 pve games at 100+? Looks to me like 0 of these games are 100+... Mad mage would be showing right here...

Read draes post again. "60 pve games at all levels."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

False equivalency. The reason the endgame maps are dead is because the majority dont see a point in farming a map that takes a decent amount of time to clear even with a party of 5. There is no loot worth gathering unlike 77 and 76 cap where people could find games because there was actually something worth farming.

Dont forget to check how many people run the plat maps to either level or craft gear they need or want to sell. They are way more profitable and you have people still running them to farm for other pieces as they have a better drop rate. I still farm slayer to this day for starries and its fun to grind them out to acquire them because they are still desired by merches and even just regular players that love asthetics.
    But comparing pve maps 1-105 to PvP maps for just 105 isn't? Alrighty then...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Yeah, that was my point genius... He's comparing 1-105 pve to 105 PvP... Those of us with any type of critical thinking can see that for what it is lol
    Read draes post again. "60 pve games at all levels."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The mad mage's castle is an event that even once someone achieves their desired threshold, many will keep going. The arena of honor, I recall restoration stopped at just over gold tier, and didn't bother playing afterwards. Regardless, pve is definitely, without question, the more popular choice for both an event and for the daily go-to for the overall community. Pvp is practically dead compared to the old days, and forcing people to pvp for an event won't necessarily be fruitful for the pvp scene. In fact, most pve players didn't even bother to try during the last pvp event, or if they did, got ran out pretty quickly and went off to enjoy their weekend. So, no, pvp events don't reflect the interests of the majority by any means. If you guys want arena of honor, don't forget it was added by request, you can play it any at any time you desire. But I don't see any of you, even those who also wanted it added back, bothering to play there. If the goal is to see a huge level of participation, which directly impacts the generation of revenue during events, and is inclusive to all types of players based on their skills, the choice is obvious.