Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ancient Spirit Daggers (Bug? - DEVS PLEASE) Expectation vs. Reality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Still no answer for why this was changed and damage didn’t work as intended.. because if I’m not wrong this means daggers are now weaker. I’m betting we see 0 compensation for the 10m+ gold and hours of farming that players spent. Surprise folks, late April fools!
    It was explained in the chatbox by Vroom. He should post the response here but my understanding was that it has been buffed since and not nerfed.

The 333 damage that was shown was never intended to be an extra stat(omg just think of that on top of a normal "mythic" quality weapon ). I could be wrong of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    It was explained in the chatbox by Vroom. He should post the response here but my understanding was that it has been buffed since and not nerfed.

The 333 damage that was shown was never intended to be an extra stat(omg just think of that on top of a normal "mythic" quality weapon ). I could be wrong of course.
    Why was it posted in the chat box, rather than a new thread? Or even the expansion thread? I don’t know the exact ratio of dps to damage, but one would assume that dps is lower. Also the maus expansion was the one that started ditching weapons from the past. One could easily assume this could have been the same. I think many years ago someone talked about the dps vs damage, but I don’t know where the thread is and would assume the damage x %bonus is worse than dps.. unless the numbers show other wise.

If it wasn’t intended, why did it take 2 weeks AFTER the launch of expansion to be addressed? You’d think something like this, which costs players a LOT of time and gold would be addressed during testing or right after expansion release, when nobody has the weapon. This is injustice done to players, no matter which way you look at it.

P.S. sts has me banned from chat box, since I ask questions they don’t like to answer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I agree with Oursizes - communication could really use some work from the devs. If they make a mistake/do players an injustice, the least they could do is make a post about it to inform players. After all, we're the ones spending hundreds of hours into your game - why not respect us enough to let us know about changes etc.? The mentality of "the player is lower than the dev" is dangerous and detrimental to the game.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

As the devs have previously removed all of my posts and threads even while following all forum rules, please understand that everything I wrote may be removed tomorrow morning by Lojack. Then it will be brushed under the rug and this will never again be addressed, causing frustration among those who invested so much for the weapons.

For example, I myself have invested close to 12m just to purchase the daggers, while I know some who spent close to 14-15m. As an f2p this gold does not come easy. For me it took selling some of my eggs/other extras and about 4-5 days of purchasing murkstones. I did this because I assumed that, like all other items, the 333 damage would stack with bonus %(give me one item that doesn’t...). And on top of that close to 2m or so on awakening the daggers to reach 100% gold loot and 9% armor. Only to then find out that the damage doesn’t stack and that the daggers got nerfed shortly after.

I know of someone who spent close to 15m as he bought out all the murkstones in auction. That wasn’t even for the platinum spirit runs and awakens.
    Last edited by Oursizes; 07-15-2018 at 09:12 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    I agree with Oursizes - communication could really use some work from the devs. If they make a mistake/do players an injustice, the least they could do is make a post about it to inform players. After all, we're the ones spending hundreds of hours into your game - why not respect us enough to let us know about changes etc.? The mentality of "the player is lower than the dev" is dangerous and detrimental to the game.
    Correct. This is one of the only (if not the only) games I’ve seen on the market in which developers make changes as they please, ban players from forums for expressing different viewpoints, refuse to compensate players for changes, etc.

Take for example hearthstone, whenever there is a card rotation or buff/nerf blizzard gives about two weeks for players who want to disenchant cads for a FULL refund to do so. That’s why they’re able to keep their high spending player base from a large turnover rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Spirit Gear
    “Spirit Gear is a new rarity coming to Arcane Legends. These are weapons and armor that grow in power as you defeat enemies in Festerfang content. The power of this gear starts out at the level of Rares and Epics, but when at max level these weapons will have the strength you expect from Mythics.

Spirit Gear can be purchased from Pierre Boudreaux in Festerfang Outpost for Murkstones, the new currency that drops in Festerfang Swamp.”

Reading this thread made me look up the original thread relating to this expansion where it describes the weapons as having the strength you would expect from a mythic. It is also farmable albeit through grinding and reminds me of when the glintstone gear was released in a previous expansion which also required a considerable grind. In some cases the set was worth it depending on the class of character you played. I’m not sure that it should be compared to an arcane weapon albeit a L66 one (although the premise in the past of AL was that arcanes should be the best weapon over 2 seasons..unless ofc another is released.). We already know that arcane weapons will be released this season and they should be the weapons we compare the shivs too.
    That being said I understand the frustration players have who are striving to lvl up these items quickly but I guess you have to look at the bigger picture. When you finally achieve this surely there will be some satisfaction from knowing that the majority of players won’t have these weapons...either through lack of time or motivation to grind. I have to say I feel a bit jealous when I see these weapons being leveled up,they look fun!
    Last edited by Anehazaz; 07-17-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Posted on wrong thread ��

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Thing is, if I’m not wrong, STS laid out the path to maxed gears, and this path involves acquiring the spirit weapons. They did not mention that spirit gear was going to be more expensive and worse off than arcanes/tainted, etc. STS said these weapons would be needed to efficiently farm the endgame bosses. Very few players were secretly told the spirit daggers would not be worth acquiring as they would be worse off, and we all know those players igns already. It’s frustrating sts misled the whole community and now refuses to answer and compensate those who spent a lot of time and gold into acquiring these garbage weapons. Had they informed clearly beforehand that tainted set would be better than spirit, and hadn’t “nerfed” the spirit gear, I would’ve saved 4 days and 15m+. Some players spent even more than i to acquire the weapons and got tricked. What answer is there from the developers? None, because they got the gold spread they were looking for.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Exactly... spirit weaponaries and gears are meant to be supplementary or in conjunction with the new expansion not to be rush for. The best gears for conquering festerfang is the mireguard set. Regardless of any weapons we use. Same does the mausoleum maps, the nightmare set is the best with any type of weapons combination.

• Reonauz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Still no reply from so called “developer”, amazing transparency we have going on here. One day they will end up in a lawsuit over shady tactics, if they haven’t been already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Still no reply from so called “developer”, amazing transparency we have going on here. One day they will end up in a lawsuit over shady tactics, if they haven’t been already.
    Chill bro! this is not intentional i believe. Btw i learned my lesson farming, investing and obtaining banished set and waiting for the banished content which is promised as i read in forum. It never came to reality as well. And lost so much gold due to nerf and buff game in the past. Its all part of the game. this is why wise players told me that don't buy the new stuff as soon as it came out. Chances are very high that it'll not be like what you think or expect. happened in the past a lot.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Expectations of a Mythic Weapon, Reality is a Legendary.

You hype us on chats and posts, then you show us OP stats and Fancy proc definitions. We Spend days and money on it only to realize that its not worth. Then we come here asking what happened to the OP stats and Fancy proc and we get silence.

I wonder if Devs actually play the game on the live server to understand what they develop, or if they are just predicting things on simulations.

I urge you to check it yourself, dont listen to me or anyone on this forum. Go to Festerfang Swamp, use the Spirit Staff (Max Level = Mythic) against mobs and boss. Then switch to FlameForged Staff (Level 47/51 Mythic) on mobs and Balance Staff Dark Attune (Level 60 Mythic) on boss.
    Then come back here and tell me if any Mage should grind for 2 months or spend gold/plat to buy and level the Spirit Weapon. I mean you made a specific area for leveling it that has plat entry, you would have planned something, right? No salt, just a logical question from a disappointed player.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 07-23-2018 at 06:05 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Who says that these weapons will be capped at 50 forever? This is why over the years i never rush to things.

Now a few of these statments are not very objective. Go read up on that word.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

It's too hot everywhere to think straight at the moment. 😓