Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Spirit Daggers (Bug? - DEVS PLEASE) Expectation vs. Reality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Ancient Spirit Daggers (Bug? - DEVS PLEASE) Expectation vs. Reality

Hello Everybody,

So I, like many people have taken an interest in the ancient weapons. My sole reason for this is the promise of some really nice stats at level 50. So, I mustered up the cash to go buy myself some and spent endless hours grinding away xp for the weapons, watching them slowly level up from a tiny little baby dagger to a now fully mature, responsible adult dagger.

However, what may seem attractive on the surface may not always be what it seems. Below are some screencaps I took that show what I mean here:

Ancient Daggers stats at level 50:
    Name:  level_50_spirit_daggers.png
Views: 1920
Size:  468.5 KB

Promised stats at level 50:
    Name:  what_stats_should_be.png
Views: 1240
Size:  460.3 KB

As the red superimposed text indicates, there is a little bit of a discrepancy between what is promised. The promised stats from the vendor and from the inventory indicate that at level 50, you would receive +333 damage bonus - which as we all know is multiplied by your bonus damage multiplier, which made these new daggers superior to the old arcane shivs from 66 expansion. However, after gaining some levels each time I never saw I was getting any damage stat which I thought was strange, but I assumed since it was such a nice buff, it would only unlock once I hit level 50 on the weapons. So I spent the time grinding away at the what must be OVER 1 MILLION XP required for the weapons with the hopes of getting that final boost at the end so I can retire my old weapons. Seriously, these things take A LOT OF XP TO LEVEL UP.

Name:  spirit_daggs.png
Views: 1208
Size:  393.1 KB

^ And that's just the final level.

So, open question to the developers: Have I been catfished with my ancient spirit weapons and should I just liquidate them and eat the time and money (both in game and platinum) spent on them? Because without the added damage bonus, there's no reason anybody would want them. Especially when considering they aren't even stronger than the level 66 shivs...

Name:  comparison_to_shivs.png
Views: 1241
Size:  388.7 KB

Let me know what's up. I'm a fairly reasonable person most of the time, but not receiving the stats that were promised here really chaps my rear-end.

-DarrenPR

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Dear sts, imagine how many hours ppl spend to reach lvl50 at their weapons and u wont get them what u promised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Ridiculous.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

many ppl stop hunting tor these weapons due to the long hour grinding required to buff them up and the coins to get one and dev did mention they won't be superior than arcane perhaps mythic too at 71.i read on another thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I also suspected that the damage will just be raw damage numbers and not bonus damage as we know it.

The sword at level 50 would have 1,500 more damage than Terror Blade, and it sounded a bit too much.

But I definitely think they should've warned in the description that the damage stat is just raw and not bonus.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Well people did start to sell their murkstones, because those people are mostly decent to mid-class players that have no interest getting the gear as it is expensive or be farmed for like a month non stop grinding. Also lvling to cap will take another month for regular players.

And those tokens are still being sold quickly and are in demand, why? Because those who could afford and those who aims to receive more dmg will invest money and hours to lvl, as having better stats is conveinient in daily gameplay. Knowing that on paper, the 333 dmg is indeed to gurantee a big increasement in dmg.

But in reality it looked like it was tranposed to dps? We should be thankful that someone has already capped it that involved commitment and money. So that we dont suffer the same.

We hope STS could fix this, otherwise just re-do the information to the real stats to be seen at 50. Just so no one could make a wrong decision.

Lastly though, even if they interpret it differently as to be good as mythic, then the 333 dmg doesn't makes sense, it had already misleaded and confused who already started buying the tokens and those who are lvling it.

#Anothergearuined

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I also suspected that the damage will just be raw damage numbers and not bonus damage as we know it.

The sword at level 50 would have 1,500 more damage than Terror Blade, and it sounded a bit too much.

But I definitely think they should've warned in the description that the damage stat is just raw and not bonus.
    Base level 1 dps: 583.9

Even if they mistook dps for dmg or vice versa, the numbers still don't add up. 583.9 + 333 = 916.9, not 830.2 that you get at lvl 50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

This is definitely not old arcanes +10% kind of damage, and not worth the hours spent on it! Mine is at L40 at the moment and I have kind of stopped because my eyes were getting bad from levelling the weapon. Although, Vroom did mention on the chatbox that spirit weapons are getting a buff so there's that!
    Last edited by Ticklish; 07-13-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: buff, not bugg!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

But how good is the proc tho? could u do a vid in Maus Elite if that isnt too much to ask ;]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thx for taking the time to make the thread. If you don't mind can you tell us about the Proc Max Lvl? How often does it proc? Better,Same,Worse than TB Pull?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Looks like today's update just solved this issue. DPS now displays on lvl 50 spirit weapon and it is higher than Frightful shivs. Now I can safely feel like farming the spirit weapons

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    Hello Everybody,

So I, like many people have taken an interest in the ancient weapons. My sole reason for this is the promise of some really nice stats at level 50. So, I mustered up the cash to go buy myself some and spent endless hours grinding away xp for the weapons, watching them slowly level up from a tiny little baby dagger to a now fully mature, responsible adult dagger.

However, what may seem attractive on the surface may not always be what it seems. Below are some screencaps I took that show what I mean here:

Ancient Daggers stats at level 50:
    Name:  level_50_spirit_daggers.png
Views: 1920
Size:  468.5 KB

Promised stats at level 50:
    Name:  what_stats_should_be.png
Views: 1240
Size:  460.3 KB

As the red superimposed text indicates, there is a little bit of a discrepancy between what is promised. The promised stats from the vendor and from the inventory indicate that at level 50, you would receive +333 damage bonus - which as we all know is multiplied by your bonus damage multiplier, which made these new daggers superior to the old arcane shivs from 66 expansion. However, after gaining some levels each time I never saw I was getting any damage stat which I thought was strange, but I assumed since it was such a nice buff, it would only unlock once I hit level 50 on the weapons. So I spent the time grinding away at the what must be OVER 1 MILLION XP required for the weapons with the hopes of getting that final boost at the end so I can retire my old weapons. Seriously, these things take A LOT OF XP TO LEVEL UP.

Name:  spirit_daggs.png
Views: 1208
Size:  393.1 KB

^ And that's just the final level.

So, open question to the developers: Have I been catfished with my ancient spirit weapons and should I just liquidate them and eat the time and money (both in game and platinum) spent on them? Because without the added damage bonus, there's no reason anybody would want them. Especially when considering they aren't even stronger than the level 66 shivs...

Name:  comparison_to_shivs.png
Views: 1241
Size:  388.7 KB

Let me know what's up. I'm a fairly reasonable person most of the time, but not receiving the stats that were promised here really chaps my rear-end.

-DarrenPR
    Spirit daggers still the same stats after the update?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

It's your fault if you really thought it will give 333x8.75 damage. 6400 in total is a bit godlike, don't you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    It's your fault if you really thought it will give 333x8.75 damage. 6400 in total is a bit godlike, don't you think?
    Literally any item or pet/gem giving a damage number bonus is multiplied by the bonus damage %, and this is something that wasn’t made clear by the developers.. As someone who has also spent a LOT of gold for the spirit daggers, this frustrates me because I too have been catfished..

If it’s going to be that way i believe it should’ve been stated beforehand that the damage wouldn’t be multiplied by the bonus %, so players wouldn’t be tricked into buying the daggers. Very few people even heard sts say that tainted would be better. Also, on the expansion thread StS said themselves that spirit daggers are the best endgame weapons at max level, best for fighting bosses and farming etc.

If the damage won’t be multiplied there needs to be an equivalent compensation for the players who paid/spent time farming the daggers equivalent to the gold spent..

Thank you Darren for highlighting this as I have not been able to login to play as much as before... I too feel cheated out of my time and gold.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I think it's fixed guys.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Looks like today's update just solved this issue. DPS now displays on lvl 50 spirit weapon and it is higher than Frightful shivs. Now I can safely feel like farming the spirit weapons
    Instead of buying spirit weapons sell the tokens and buy shivs at least shivs are at their 100% since the moment you buy them so you don't have to waste days farming to lvl up the spirit daggers also instead of leveling up your spirit daggers you could be farming millions of gold with your shivs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This is a very unfair tactic used by sts to have gold spread... the daggers were listed to have 333 damage for a whole 2+ weeks and now they have been changed to dps. Players spent a lot of time and gold to be cheated out of 10m+...

There was so much time to fix this from the expansion, and now spirit daggers will be ending up weak.

Why deceive the player base?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they changed pure damage for dps

Enviado desde mi LG-K330 mediante Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Hi Darren,

I have just obtained my pair of Spirit Daggers and would like to know about when you spent the time levelling them up. I am aware of the Spirit Elixir, but does Abaddon, Perm and any standard xp elixirs have any part in speeding up the levelling process? Also, do the xp bonuses from combo kills in the swamp have any effect?

Many thanks,

Azziah
    Last edited by Azziah; 07-13-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Still no answer for why this was changed and damage didn’t work as intended.. because if I’m not wrong this means daggers are now weaker. I’m betting we see 0 compensation for the 10m+ gold and hours of farming that players spent. Surprise folks, late April fools!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post: