Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Ancient Spirit Daggers (Bug? - DEVS PLEASE) Expectation vs. Reality

Hello Everybody,

So I, like many people have taken an interest in the ancient weapons. My sole reason for this is the promise of some really nice stats at level 50. So, I mustered up the cash to go buy myself some and spent endless hours grinding away xp for the weapons, watching them slowly level up from a tiny little baby dagger to a now fully mature, responsible adult dagger.

However, what may seem attractive on the surface may not always be what it seems. Below are some screencaps I took that show what I mean here:

Ancient Daggers stats at level 50:
    Name:  level_50_spirit_daggers.png
Views: 1923
Size:  468.5 KB

Promised stats at level 50:
    Name:  what_stats_should_be.png
Views: 1240
Size:  460.3 KB

As the red superimposed text indicates, there is a little bit of a discrepancy between what is promised. The promised stats from the vendor and from the inventory indicate that at level 50, you would receive +333 damage bonus - which as we all know is multiplied by your bonus damage multiplier, which made these new daggers superior to the old arcane shivs from 66 expansion. However, after gaining some levels each time I never saw I was getting any damage stat which I thought was strange, but I assumed since it was such a nice buff, it would only unlock once I hit level 50 on the weapons. So I spent the time grinding away at the what must be OVER 1 MILLION XP required for the weapons with the hopes of getting that final boost at the end so I can retire my old weapons. Seriously, these things take A LOT OF XP TO LEVEL UP.

Name:  spirit_daggs.png
Views: 1209
Size:  393.1 KB

^ And that's just the final level.

So, open question to the developers: Have I been catfished with my ancient spirit weapons and should I just liquidate them and eat the time and money (both in game and platinum) spent on them? Because without the added damage bonus, there's no reason anybody would want them. Especially when considering they aren't even stronger than the level 66 shivs...

Name:  comparison_to_shivs.png
Views: 1243
Size:  388.7 KB

Let me know what's up. I'm a fairly reasonable person most of the time, but not receiving the stats that were promised here really chaps my rear-end.

-DarrenPR

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post: