Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvE Events

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default PvE Events

I would love to see some PvE events that emphasize team play. The scoring would still be individually-based, but rather players could get points based off how fast they complete the zone. This way, all members in a particular zone would earn the same amount of points. The trick would be to make sure that players are forced to join random instances to make sure all players are being mixed and mashed in different teams.

Just a suggestion since I don't particularly love the solo grind

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I like that idea only thing is it would kind of be unfair if a lvl 85 got in with a group of lvl 105 but it could be a great event

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Group parties can be very frustrating. Imagine/remember Maxx cave with unreliable team members that you carry, and all the wasted expensive elixirs due to incompetence from others. No, solo events are enough stress to hit the goal. At least solo you don't have to worry about relying upon others or wasting your time/plat trying. Look at end game myxx maps. They're dead. Need a party, rare to find a good one, or one at all. Timed events can't have that kind of liability. Solo is definitely the way to go

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

+1 for me... I hate grinding alone it’s so boring to me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

A team play PVE event would be a nice change of pace, even if it's only for one event.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I want a solo bog/bayou event as it is without scaling down it for solo xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Group parties can be very frustrating. Imagine/remember Maxx cave with unreliable team members that you carry, and all the wasted expensive elixirs due to incompetence from others. No, solo events are enough stress to hit the goal. At least solo you don't have to worry about relying upon others or wasting your time/plat trying. Look at end game myxx maps. They're dead. Need a party, rare to find a good one, or one at all. Timed events can't have that kind of liability. Solo is definitely the way to go
    Nahh, it would be easy finding groups with a big event. The point schematics would hardly differ from doing the map any slower lest players have trouble finding parties. The maps would be completeable by going solo as well -- it'll just prove to be more efficient working as a team. Solo is definitely not the only way to go

12. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah I agree with that and then the whole honesty and unreliable team would benefit you more you would get more kill points from the map they can't work well then it's kind of their fault it's not going to give the hold team points if one guy just runs through and killed everything but yeah it does get boring only thing is it kind of takes time out of it typing the only other thing is what kind of monster is it you know like is it going to be like a few you may need to work on together like that Maxx or more like the event that's happening now I would think makes them just a little bit tougher that way it kind of evens it out to where one guy can't just go in until like 5 at one time and then move on to five more as we're Birds can't really eat or get more than one person at a time they have they have that one combo so that's the only problem I can see is someone being 2 overpowered and killing more Quickly's in everyone else there it probably don't make sense really but in my head is not really coming out the way I want to make it sound so I'm doing my best

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

The maps you cite cost 30 and 35 plat respectively, the one we are referencing in the original post is free. I don't see where this comparison makes sense. Obviously maps that need 30-35 plat are going to be less populated than free to run maps. This is common knowledge in my opinion.

I personally don't mind the soloing, but when you defend it by using evidence that doesn't relate to the topic it definitely comes across as you defending your own interests at whatever cost, even if it includes throwing around random numbers and facts. I say this because it honestly makes us as a community look the worse for it.

Thanks,
    Walie

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Would be cool if you could be rewarded somehow for pulling off the different mega combos and such.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Yes! Actually I’ve been leveling up through Public Games trying to regain the experiences of old PL where we would wait for the bears to group and taunt and we could chain AOE mobs! Bring strategic PVE back (with no dev of course).

Obviously it makes it a hassle for both Cinco since an event designed for groups will make less $$$ in the long run and other players without a decent network of friends to play with, but it’s worth a shot! I’d love to play this PVE event and maybe limiting it to public games only (unable to host) would be awesome and open the playing field for people?

Main thing is it could teach some people the ways the game is supposed to be played and taking advantage of all the small mechanics that the STS put so much work into including.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Sound like a fun idea.

Perhaps have the two options? Similar to the amulet event. Where you can choose to go with a party or go solo?

This way it pleases all.

Those who would like company whilst farming and helping other lower levels.

Or those who use plat elixirs and wish to solo and like farming alone without others slowing them down or leeching.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The big spenders and top scoring players I've spoken with all agree that they would not play a group event. Not wasting time, plat and stress on carrying various inexperienced, disorganized and opportunistic players that would be thrown into the runs together. You'd have slow players and fast players, people saying "wait, wait!" and other people laughing and not waiting. People would join when the boss was almost dead and miss out, or join just in time to get to the boss without putting in a single kill. The group runs for Hall of Amulets were very, very frustrating. The above listed examples are *exactly why* the "go solo" option was added to hall of amulets, and while some may still have used the group map there, I personally don't know of anyone who had chosen not to "go solo" since that glorious option was added. A group event, while it sounds nice on the surface, would be flawed and riddled with such problems as the Hall of Amulets group runs, which is why it gets a two-thumbs down from myself and others I've spoken to about it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The big spenders and top scoring players I've spoken with all agree that they would not play a group event. Not wasting time, plat and stress on carrying various inexperienced, disorganized and opportunistic players that would be thrown into the runs together. You'd have slow players and fast players, people saying "wait, wait!" and other people laughing and not waiting. People would join when the boss was almost dead and miss out, or join just in time to get to the boss without putting in a single kill. The group runs for Hall of Amulets were very, very frustrating. The above listed examples are *exactly why* the "go solo" option was added to hall of amulets, and while some may still have used the group map there, I personally don't know of anyone who had chosen not to "go solo" since that glorious option was added. A group event, while it sounds nice on the surface, would be flawed and riddled with such problems as the Hall of Amulets group runs, which is why it gets a two-thumbs down from myself and others I've spoken to about it.
    Would love to hear from these big spenders you speak of.

@Fwend – I most certainly agree that having both would be great. The 'big spenders' can have their solo runs, the non-negative nancy players who want to have a little more fun can do some group runs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

@Fwend – I most certainly agree that having both would be great. The 'big spenders' can have their solo runs, the non-negative nancy players who want to have a little more fun can do some group runs!
    Looks like i can just join runs to leech off randoms that do all the work for me then? Guess so.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

You resort to calling me a person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic? Name calling in response to legitimate concerns that were raised regarding your idea? That unnecessary and disappointing behavior, Will. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Get sone fresh air, bro.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

You resort to calling me a person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic?...
    I think that is a stretched extrapolation from "negative nancy" which in my eyes was used to say that maybe you are being too dismissive of the idea from the outset.Furthermore, negative nancy in my experience is used in a constructive sense. It doesn't have the connotation of being terrible, its connotation is essentially that you are being negative, nothing more.

To be honest, lets just tone this down a bit lol. This is getting far too serious for what was essentially just a pitch for a new, different idea for a possible event format. Stretching your imagination to make claims of people insulting you when there is little to no ground to do so seems overdone. For lack of better terms, chill out.

Thanks,
    Walie
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-14-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

You resort to calling me a person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic? Name calling in response to legitimate concerns that were raised regarding your idea? That unnecessary and disappointing behavior, Will. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Get sone fresh air, bro.
    It's not name calling, frankly. I just think everyone has forgotten about the heart and spirit of PL PvE. But thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!

Anyways, I hope an event oriented towards team play can be considered in the future. Would be great to play the game it was meant to be played. There are always ways the devs can satiate big spenders, but I think there is a balance to be achieved.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

It's not name calling, frankly. I just think everyone has forgotten about the heart and spirit of PL PvE. But thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!

Anyways, I hope an event oriented towards team play can be considered in the future. Would be great to play the game it was meant to be played. There are always ways the devs can satiate big spenders, but I think there is a balance to be achieved.
    I get to leech of people. awesome to bring leeching back.

In all seriousness. The only way this happens to avoid leeches.
    1. Hostable maps.
    2. Mobs power adjusted to party size.
    3. Solo/team options. (Though making it hostable would fix both of those)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    I get to leech of people. awesome to bring leeching back.

In all seriousness. The only way this happens to avoid leeches.
    1. Hostable maps.
    2. Mobs power adjusted to party size.
    3. Solo/team options. (Though making it hostable would fix both of those)
    Yeah, the leeching is definitely a problem. I wonder if the second option would be plausible, that's a solid idea – though I would really love to see a team and solo option.