Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvE Events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Yeah, the leeching is definitely a problem. I wonder if the second option would be plausible, that's a solid idea – though I would really love to see a team and solo option.
    It is of course possible just look at prison when a high level joins whilst you're leveling the mobs instantly scale to that players level. Same concept.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I did not put words in someone else's mouth. I reacted to what was written by said person, which seemed directly aimed at people who disagree with his idea (namely, me, being the one most outspoken by raising legitimate concerns). I also did not use a "period"/"full stop/".", which would have made it a declarative sentence. Instead, I used a "question mark"/"?" making it an interrogative phrase. There is a huge difference between the two. However, the response ("thank you for your frivolous attempt to criticize me 'bro'!") to the possible name calling concern seems to be rather heated and overly defensive in my opinion, making the appearance of an insult more real in the end.

I took the time to read and consider the group event idea and then to detail the numerous concerns about Will's suggestion, however my alternative viewpoints were seemingly dismissed by opposing rivals without critical evaluation or consideration.

In the end, I don't think anyone would disagree that the critical component of introducing a "party mode" for events would be the ability to choose to "go solo", or "go multiplayer". If this were to be the formula, one of choice, then who could complain? Beer or wine? Solo or party? Choose your poison.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post

I took the time to read and consider the group event idea and then to detail the numerous concerns about Will's suggestion, however my alternative viewpoints were seemingly dismissed by opposing rivals without critical evaluation or consideration.
    Your critical evaluation is all speculation, just as ours is. Your ideas were not dismissed, but rather argued against, just as you have done to my idea.

PL has always been a social game, and I'd just like to see the game back at its roots. I do want to ask – do you wholeheartedly believe that a group event is that out of sight? Can't we use our creative imaginations to resolve all of the issues, rather than shutting down the ideas? Or do you truly feel biased towards solo events because they are simply more enjoyable, or provide some sort of other enjoyment?
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-14-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

I propose the next event be in groups, but we have a re-skinned map of slayer (with boosted stats) but now with Myxx. Oh, but that's not all. If possible, could we have Myxx riding a blue dragon? Maybe have a crazy look on their face? Maybe use the "Fierce" mage face with a smile instead of a frown? I think this would be pretty gnarly.

Maybe kill it 100 times for bronze, 200 silver, and 300 gold?

Let me know what you think,
    Walie

EDIT: I think it would also be cool for the duo of Myxx and the Blue Dragon to both use their own abilities. For example, Myxx would wave her staff while riding the blue dragon and her spells would hit the group, while the dragon uses its fire breath and stomp thing etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I propose the next event be in groups, but we have a re-skinned map of slayer (with boosted stats) but now with Myxx. Oh, but that's not all. If possible, could we have Myxx riding a blue dragon? Maybe have a crazy look on their face? Maybe use the "Fierce" mage face with a smile instead of a frown? I think this would be pretty gnarly.

Walie

EDIT: I think it would also be cool for the duo of Myxx and the Blue Dragon to both use their own abilities. For example, Myxx would wave her staff while riding the blue dragon and her spells would hit the group, while the dragon uses its fire breath and stomp thing etc.
    I got a crazy idea. What if there is a new map made that's permanent and you can farm it with a party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I got a crazy idea. What if there is a new map made that's permanent and you can farm it with a party.

We've only been asking for that since 85 cap. Something like slayer. Keep people farming for vanities and unique loot at any time and at their convenience. Have a free version. Have a plat version. It's been done many times and can be done again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Will, there is no speculation in problems observed in hall of amulets event multi-player runs, and that the "go solo" mode solved them all. I've already taken the time to detail these problems and I've also said I don't care if multi-player mode is added to future events, as long as a matching "go solo" component is part of the system so that players can have a choice, to be able to choose their preferred path. What more is there to say on that subject? Readup once more on my prior posts if necessary, everything is there.

Josh, that's just weird. Fear not, as our PL god knows what he's doing, and what he wants to do, in regards to the core design components of these fun and frequent revenue generating events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    We've only been asking for that since 85 cap. Something like slayer. Keep people farming for vanities and unique loot at any time and at their convenience. Have a free version. Have a plat version. It's been done many times and can be done again.
    Ive only been asking for a slayer type map requiring team work for idk 2 years?

Its long overdue and with an addition of vanities to its loot table. It would bring teamwork back into the aspect of farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Sorry, I meant since the 80 cap. Not 85.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Walie

What an interesting idea, I like it.

Only poses the question will this map be for lvl 76+ ? With no potions, will oktal pet bonuses of the dev dragon and psyko work?

What about the levels under 76? We want this new map inclusive to all.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

Only poses the question will this map be for lvl 76+ ? With no potions, will oktal pet bonuses of the dev dragon and psyko work?

In considering his theme, it'd make a better, no, an excellent permanent map, the new "slayer", 100+ for levels, unique chance at new vanities (vanities TBD) to farm with groups at your convenience any time, free and plat map versions. Stat pets should work there. Just like in slayer. At least, if not in both versions, at least in the plat version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Another idea would be what if you start out just fighting Myxx, but once you get Myxx down to say 1/4 health, she whistles for the drag which then shows up, upon which MYXX teleports out Silknight style. Once you kill the drag, MYXX returns and you then get drops after killing her.

This idea would be for a new permanent map mostly, although I think it could also work for events!

-Walie

P.S. I still want the crazy smiling "Fierce" mage face for MYXX, I think it would be super cool and give the boss some character rather than being a lifeless thing we throw abilities at.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-15-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

For levels 1-50 just have silknight riding a baby dragonet or something.
    For levels 50-65, have the giant woman from Nuri Funhouse, but give her the stomp and dragon breath abilities from the Elite Red Dragon (XD!!!).
    For Levels 65-76, Have the Elite Red Dragon with Myxx.
    For levels 76+, have a new Blue Elite Dragon with Myxx.

Those are my ideas, let me know what you all think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

For levels 1-50 just have silknight riding a baby dragonet or something.
    For levels 50-65, have the giant woman from Nuri Funhouse, but give her the stomp and dragon breath abilities from the Elite Red Dragon (XD!!!).
    For Levels 65-76, Have the Elite Red Dragon with Myxx.
    For levels 76+, have a new Blue Elite Dragon with Myxx.

Those are my ideas, let me know what you all think!
    Sounds pretty good but I think new enemies sound better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Sounds pretty good but I think new enemies sound better.

I think being realistic about what PL is going to get in the near future is better. I believe there is a new cap in the making, so that is likely taking 90% of Cinco's time towards PL. Thus, I think recycling things is a more realistic expectation for what we are going to get.