Thread: Today I had to respec to not use Ultimates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Exclamation Today I had to respec to not use Ultimates

Hello STS,

Today I had to respec my skills as a rogue because I have been really frustrated with rogue ultimate (aim shot).

I, like many people love the concept of ultimate skills and I am more than happy to spend 10 skill points to unlock and enjoy it's benefits.

Unfortunately, I feel this skill loads painfully slow. I ran the Infested swamp over 200 times since i reached 71 on day 6 of expansion. What makes me sad is I can count the number of times I used my ultimate in Infested swamp with one hand. The map takes maximum 8 minutes to run and averaging at 3-5 min with a good party. However, the skills doesn't load for 6-8 min which makes it absolutely useless in this map. I only want to run this map because I enjoy the play style and difficulty here. The 10 point spent on ultimate has no use here which is upsetting.

Please consider reducing the time it takes to use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Haha, it s ok, some like it, some dont. That creates variety of the game. As a mage, I removed my ultimate last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Changed from mage Energize to fireball mastery.......I find it more useful. I’m now a no-ultimate mage
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Yes I feel they should either make them have a shorter cooldown (be able to use about 6 times per map), or make the ultimates that are timed stay active longer (about 2 minutes) and the skills that do damage do significantly more then they do now.

Currently there are so few using ultimates, and mostly the ones that are either don't know what theyre doing or are just testing them out. Pls sts, make these worth using.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Hello STS,

Today I had to respec my skills as a rogue because I have been really frustrated with rogue ultimate (aim shot).

I, like many people love the concept of ultimate skills and I am more than happy to spend 10 skill points to unlock and enjoy it's benefits.

Unfortunately, I feel this skill loads painfully slow. I ran the Infested swamp over 200 times since i reached 71 on day 6 of expansion. What makes me sad is I can count the number of times I used my ultimate in Infested swamp with one hand. The map takes maximum 8 minutes to run and averaging at 3-5 min with a good party. However, the skills doesn't load for 6-8 min which makes it absolutely useless in this map. I only want to run this map because I enjoy the play style and difficulty here. The 10 point spent on ultimate has no use here which is upsetting.

Please consider reducing the time it takes to use it.
    I was thinking that a good way around the content "highlighted in red" is to have the ultimates load a bit faster in the new festerfang maps and they can keep their "current" load speed when running "non-festerfang" maps....... I just say this because I fought ferrix yesterday, used meteor ultimate on him, and I felt for the dude..... LOL.........

A faster "ultimate load" in everything festerfang would probably suffice...... Not saying that's something easy to code but, it sounds like a good starting point......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Removed mine too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Yep, I complained too and Vroom actually responded saying that if they reduced charge/recharge time they would have to reduce the overall power of them.

So, if we were able to use them 6 times per run instead of 2 on average it would mean they may have to reduce how long they are active or nerf the damage so we don't become overly powerful.

The truth is, I feel like I use it only once per run, and on older maps they never charge in time for boss, so none on those.

I feel like they created Ultimates and we're worried about them being too powerful. So your worried the ultimate skill would be ultimate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I use war ultimate twice in swamp map. It must be the style of play. I have to club everything to death slowly while you hit less often. Maybe if they adjust to the amount of damage done to charge ultimate over number of times damage dealt.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Yep, I complained too and Vroom actually responded saying that if they reduced charge/recharge time they would have to reduce the overall power of them.

So, if we were able to use them 6 times per run instead of 2 on average it would mean they may have to reduce how long they are active or nerf the damage so we don't become overly powerful.

The truth is, I feel like I use it only once per run, and on older maps they never charge in time for boss, so none on those.

I feel like they created Ultimates and we're worried about them being too powerful. So your worried the ultimate skill would be ultimate?

Yeah... Not a bad point......

Truth is that we do not need them in "non-festerfang" maps but, we do need them in festerfang..... The dreaded load time should only apply in "non festerfang" maps..... In "festerfang maps", they should load a bit quicker....... We should be able to get at least a max of 3-4 ultimate uses per festerfang map run (without a nerf).......
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 07-14-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Yeah... Not a bad point......

Truth is that we do not need them in "non-festerfang" maps but, we do need them in festerfang..... The dreaded load time should only apply in "non festerfang" maps..... In "festerfang maps", they should load a bit quicker....... We should be able to get at least a max of 3-4 ultimate uses per festerfang map run (without a nerf).......
    True, however when I run graveyard ("an old map") and my ultimate does charge (aimed shot ult) I can one shot kill the boss at the end. Now that is totally satisfying. When I see that, I think whoa! Ultimate!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Make Offensive Ultimates do same ratio of damage to every area (irrespective of the player's damage based on level+gear) as equal to how much they do in Festerfang; and then reduce the charge time of the skill, so it can be used more often.
    Basically bind skill to constants based on area level, instead of variables based on player's damage. Though I don't know how that will work in event areas. so... time to brainstorm..
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    True, however when I run graveyard ("an old map") and my ultimate does charge (aimed shot ult) I can one shot kill the boss at the end. Now that is totally satisfying. When I see that, I think whoa! Ultimate!

Agreed, i look forward to doing this when i run there, and sometimes make it a point to kill a few extra enemies to be sure its ready to rek.

Now i wouldnt expect that to be the same in harder maps but i do think certain Ults can come with another bonus effect(Dots and the like)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Thanks for the update. It’s better now and respec back with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I agree 1000%! Much better thanks gentlemen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dont mind me need some post counts