Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we get the MOST BROKEN thing in pvp fixed ASAP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    I don't get why you're now just saying this, I was already pushing for Nerf on Dex Set but nobody wanted to listen. "No it was rhinos that is Op not Dex" was the comment I received EACH time. Even when I debunked their arguments they still didn't care. Now you're pushing for the Nerd of Dex set without giving a single care about the fact that rhinos are now the most useless and non killing class in twink.

I can max all damage attacks and use long sword with 60 damage amulet and I still won't get the kill. Next time play the class before you go on Forum asking for the Nerf of it.

Dex is OP PERIOD.
    It is specifically rhinos being OP with the dagger/bow set. I dont get why people say the rhino itself is OP. Cinco only needs to revert rhino back to pre nerf when he buffed fox. Keep the buff on fox, give rhino is damage combo back and make sets class based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    It is specifically rhinos being OP with the dagger/bow set. I dont get why people say the rhino itself is OP. Cinco only needs to revert rhino back to pre nerf when he buffed fox. Keep the buff on fox, give rhino is damage combo back and make sets class based.
    That I am for....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Class restricted gear has pros and cons. The pros are the freedom of choice. Personally, I'm for no class restrictions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Class restricted gear has pros and cons. The pros are the freedom of choice. Personally, I'm for no class restrictions.
    We all have freedom of choice on the set to use. Just have to choose the class that fits the set.

No class restriction might require the game to update pvp @ endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Same on my end, I prefer the freedom and plus the tourney going on right now doesn’t allow rhino to use its class specific set. Would be unfair.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Yes, freedom if choice come in handy in pve if a bear/rhino wants to play damage. Though currently, the only pve people use dex for is for the pve events.

Though pvp side of it. Its rhino thats ruining pvp when played with dagger. Its not fun, nor does it require skill to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Nothing is perfect. Ever. Try to make the best of what it is, is my advice.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It’s a game that requires players to be happy. They should update the pvp and try to make it perfect.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 07-17-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I believe that players that rarely PvP or ever pvp these days shouldn’t provide a feedback to dex talon at all. I might be wrong because people have the freedom to say anything they believe in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    I believe that players that rarely PvP or ever pvp these days shouldn’t provide a feedback to dex talon at all. I might be wrong because people have the freedom to say anything they believe in.
    If it's constructive feedback, it's welcome here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soupah View Post
    105 sets should be class bound tbh mages with mana Shield and talon proc is crazy

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    I think this would be a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

If the 105 elite sets end up being class-restricted, it should *only* be in PvP and not PvE or towns. Example: Mage with a 105 dex talon set enters a PvP zone, the gear is automatically unequipped -OR- the ability to join/host a PvP zone is not there until the proper gear for said class is equipped. Towns and PvE zones should not be penalized with the inability to choose their set of choice, just for the few who do end game PvP. And as we've mentioned before, there is currently a 105 CTF 5v5 tourney going on, and out of respect for it, ideally, any such changes will need to wait for it to finish. Once again, I am against class restrictions on end game gear in any zone. But if it were to eventually happen, I believe the above suggestion might work for the majority. Balance is a tricky challenge. What pleases one group, displeases another group, and vice versa.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

If the 105 elite sets end up being class-restricted, it should *only* be in PvP and not PvE or towns. Example: Mage with a 105 dex talon set enters a PvP zone, the gear is automatically unequipped -OR- the ability to join/host a PvP zone is not there until the proper gear for said class is equipped. Towns and PvE zones should not be penalized with the inability to choose their set of choice, just for the few who do end game PvP. And as we've mentioned before, there is currently a 105 CTF 5v5 tourney going on, and out of respect for it, ideally, any such changes will need to wait for it to finish. Once again, I am against class restrictions on end game gear in any zone. But if it were to eventually happen, I believe the above suggestion might work for the majority. Balance is a tricky challenge. What pleases one group, displeases another group, and vice versa.
    That is an option as seeing that each individual class has to be fixed. Though ive though of another way of doing it.
    Most people who play dex other then bird/mage play dagger/bow. Maybe restrict certain weapons. Heres my thoughts
    Each example is for what classes the weapon is restricted to.
    Talon restriced to- all classes but mage
    Bow restricted to- bird, fox and bear
    Dagger restricted to- fox and bird

This keeps everyone eligable to still use dex set for pve events. Most use the talon set for the pve events on both rhino and bear.
    I see this as an easier way to compromise between people who like the freedom of choosing to use different gear in pve while balancing it for pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Class-bound sets is incredibly restrictive and is more or less creative when thinking about what classes to restrict it to.

Some people prefer different weapons and items in both PVP and PVE; especially when it comes to endgame. Simple modifications are welcome, however making something entirely class-bound whenever the 'freedom' already exists is a not-so-appropriate fix in any case to finding a constructive solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    This keeps everyone eligable to still use dex set for pve events.
    Post is very confusing but I can guess you want to restrict dexterity from mages and rhinos for PVP. Doesn’t seem like a constructive solution because all classes should at least be able to wear bows (good for PVE and PVP) - other classes would be able to counter it with any other weapon easily; other small modifications could then be suggested if it doesn't work for any reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Class-bound sets is incredibly restrictive and is more or less creative when thinking about what classes to restrict it to.

Some people prefer different weapons and items in both PVP and PVE; especially when it comes to endgame. Simple modifications are welcome, however making something entirely class-bound whenever the 'freedom' already exists is a not-so-appropriate fix in any case to finding a constructive solution.

Post is very confusing but I can guess you want to restrict dexterity from mages and rhinos for PVP. Doesn’t seem like a constructive solution because all classes should at least be able to wear bows (good for PVE and PVP) - other classes would be able to counter it with any other weapon easily; other small modifications could then be suggested if it doesn't work for any reason.
    The only class that would need bow in pve is bear. Though pvp, bow shouldnt be allowed on mage or on rhino. Maybe put it in for bear, but on mage and rhinos its pretty broken due to the fast healing abilities.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I know many will disagree with me, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really don't think the talon set is all that OP as everyone makes it out to be.

Is there a noticeable decline in overall strategy from these procs? Yes, definitely. But who cares? As an INT mage, I really have yet to feel overwhelmed by these sets. I think choosing the sets that do require a bit more strategy are all the more worthwhile.

I think the talon proc is great for two scenarios:

1) If a team lacks a bear/str rhino, you can always rely on a talon set to do the tanking. This is particularly nice because we all know there is an astounding array of birds and mages, while there aren't all that many bears.

2) I feel that inexperienced can reap many benefits from these sets. It allows players to explore the diversity and dynamics of PvP while giving them ample time to sharpen their skills. When they feel ready to move away from the protective barrier of the proc, then they have the option to do so.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

GTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I know many will disagree with me, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really don't think the talon set is all that OP as everyone makes it out to be.
    I agree with you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

GTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yo I'm not gonna read the thread cuz its 2 long but i dont have any problem whatsoever fighting against talon set at endgame. With bear my axe destroys talon users once i pull them into my proc they dont hit anything

With mage in team play i feel much more useful than when i used talon set. Lots skill dmg, lots healing for all team and the dmg bonus from pool and health+mana bonus. talon tickles me in these fights haha. just kite and use your pool well and have chemistry with your team and you take them out fine bro. i would take itaste or oneshot as int mage any day over talon mage lol

and when i play bird i don't even feel talon set is that great I would rather play bow. yes I will take out talon set when i need it but it's not that good. it tanks yes but lacks dmg and you can keep birds or any class with talon set debuffed during their proc period until cooldown and then they are useless

as ghost said i think talon set is good for pvp overall and not op at all. many ways to counter it and i would rather have a str bear or int mage on my team any day over a talon bear or talon mage haha

also dagger rhino aint even a problem in team play for me and others in pocket community we have learned to play around it as a team. In solo fight yeah maybe dagger rhino is best but certainly not team play it dies easy if you play smart bro. if rhino uses talon then it lacks dps and has a five second cooldown heal so you need to play smart and realize this then youll win pushing back and target weak links

hook is a top rhino endgame right now hands down and knows this is true. yes it has strengths but plenty of weaknesses 2 like every set type

best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

Is there a noticeable decline in overall strategy from these procs? Yes, definitely. But who cares? As an INT mage, I really have yet to feel overwhelmed by these sets. I think choosing the sets that do require a bit more strategy are all the more worthwhile.

I think the talon proc is great for two scenarios:

1) If a team lacks a bear/str rhino, you can always rely on a talon set to do the tanking. This is particularly nice because we all know there is an astounding array of birds and mages, while there aren't all that many bears.

2) I feel that inexperienced can reap many benefits from these sets. It allows players to explore the diversity and dynamics of PvP while giving them ample time to sharpen their skills. When they feel ready to move away from the protective barrier of the proc, then they have the option to do so.
    The only person that has said the talon set is OP is waug. Ive said that talon mages however dont take skill as it increases the crit/hit severely. Adding that they dont have to conpensate for healing abilities in 1v1, they can out their heal at 1 and still heal to full in a matter of seconds. When in talon proc, they can heal all the damage they take in 1v1 fights and just plain out nuke another other class besides talon players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTS View Post
    and when i play bird i don't even feel talon set is that great I would rather play bow. yes I will take out talon set when i need it but it's not that good. it tanks yes but lacks dmg and you can keep birds or any class with talon set debuffed during their proc period until cooldown and then they are useless
    This para is gonna to justify everything alone -

Talon set is never great, it's lame but it's great to exploit. Changing it's proc is necessary because of that. As said many times now, not class bound but talon is intended for birds, it's not meant to tank the way it can tank, it is MOST tanky in pvp while proc is on. Whereas it doesn't serve it's purpose of high damage dealer as bird, rather opposite. Other hand although bow is better than other 2h weapons but still NOT scaled with other 1h weapon sets, it's proc is definitely good.

See, actually you supported my original post it tank unnecessarily and it "lacks dmg" that's what it been said - change the talon proc from 1k armor 10k hp to some armor like 200 and some dmg 200. That's what original post ALL ABOUT.