Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Wyzamiro Staff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Maybe a boost to the staff will get some mages to go back to int... Honestly tired of seeing everyone in dex sets and reliving the 85 blaster cap all over again lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    :P Arent you a dex mage? 85 blaster is a single weapon. Dex set has talon, dagger, and bow. I am tired of seeing rhinos and that isnt going away.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    :P Arent you a dex mage? 85 blaster is a single weapon. Dex set has talon, dagger, and bow. I am tired of seeing rhinos and that isnt going away.
    No, I prefer int but the disadvantage vs dex mages using a bow is broken. So since Respec is free I'll switch to dex when being rushed by bow mages, or dex rhinos...

Then switch back when they rage quit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Your point on the auto range of the staff is the most compelling of all the good points you put forward here. Not being able to proc due to the low attack range is a huge part of the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I still think int mage needs speed back to balance pvp team. staff isn’t necessary.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    I still think int mage needs speed back to balance pvp team. staff isn’t necessary.
    Yes... Both dex and str sets can get a moment speed advantage by slowing Targets down. The theory behind removing it was the advantage a wand would get in ctf being awkward... But I get out ran by bears carrying the flag consistently when they proc and I can't heal it off, or get a speed proc of my own to counter. Causing the same awkwardness.

Removing speed debuffs from all weapons would also accomplish the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Yes... Both dex and str sets can get a moment speed advantage by slowing Targets down. The theory behind removing it was the advantage a wand would get in ctf being awkward... But I get out ran by bears carrying the flag consistently when they proc and I can't heal it off, or get a speed proc of my own to counter. Causing the same awkwardness.

Removing speed debuffs from all weapons would also accomplish the same thing.

I can definitely agree that removing all speed related debuffs would be good for overall pvp. Restores balance while at the same time not depriving procs of their stat debuffs. Bows would still be powerful and hurt a lot, but teamplay would run a lot smoother due to players not being able to abuse the speed debuffs paired with the stat debuffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Once again; A big thank you to those who feel the staff and sword deserve a buff so that they can live up to their full potential and compete with the bow.

Just to throw things into a narrower perspective.

Let's take the Lv77 Lustrous staff and compare it to the Lv105 elite staff. The lustrous staff outperforms the Wyzamiro staff in auto speed. That one factor allowed for the L77 Lustrous staff to be viable in pvp if played correctly in teamplay during the 77 cap. (Granted this was a time before weapon procs, speed debuffs, 13m ranged weapons etc. )

Hope this feedback serves of insightful help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Good news - Cinco has stated that he is looking into a buff for the Wyzamiro staff. No details on exactly what buff the staff will receive, but we should be getting the buff in the next few updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

That's great news. Looks like I wasn't the only one following up on this with him. Hopefully the sword gets some good loving, too.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Yes indeed. I'm much happier with Wyzamiro hitting targets at 13m. Proc happens much more frequently because the hits happen more frequently. Additional skill damage feels good too.

Zaelwyn and Wav's Blade also need to be buffed significantly given their ability ranges (let alone how infrequently they are used in combat). I'm going through their data right now.

I will probably have all of this done sometime late tonight and could put the changes out tomorrow ...unless there are tears to be shed for the current state of things (tourneys, etc., etc.).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

That sounds awesome! Cannot wait to give them a try. But please, don't push out these changes until the 5v5 ctf tourney has ended. There's just a few fights left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yes indeed. I'm much happier with Wyzamiro hitting targets at 13m. Proc happens much more frequently because the hits happen more frequently. Additional skill damage feels good too.

Zaelwyn and Wav's Blade also need to be buffed significantly given their ability ranges (let alone how infrequently they are used in combat). I'm going through their data right now.

I will probably have all of this done sometime late tonight and could put the changes out tomorrow ...unless there are tears to be shed for the current state of things (tourneys, etc., etc.).
    Your dedication to PL never ceases to astound me, thank you for these much needed buffs.

I do agree to wait till the 5vs5 CTF tournament finishes before you roll out these changes. It might have an negative impact on the dynamics of the games.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Let's get this tourney done this weekend.

I will wait to publish my balance changes and the visual updates to the vanity weapon drops until next week.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I will wait to publish my balance changes and the visual updates to the vanity weapon drops until next week.
    The tourney won't be done this weekend. I've been trying to set up a match with my opponents and they cannot do this weekend (yet they supposedly prefer to play on weekends, so go figure).

Team Reborn also has a team member on vacation until the 5th and will not be discussing any potential match times until then.

Either way, Ghost can just ban staffs and 2h swords from tournament use if a balance update occurs and the staff/2h sword becomes overpowered or game changing. Right now no one uses staff or 2h swords so this will not affect a team's gear composition.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Cinco,

You can go ahead and make the update whenever it works best for you. I can just adjust the rules accordingly for the tournament.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

If you want to push them out thats fine. We can see how they will effect the tourney with testing via private games to see if they are usable in team play or better in solo. I very much appreciate the much needed buff on the mage/bear 2h weapons.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If they are overpowered , id happily agree to just have them banned from the tournament, especially if the plan really is to make it 13m range . Also, the skill damage is the main issue. The base damage is 3-400 points higher than wand. Yet the skill damage is the exact opposite. 3-400 less on staff than wand. It should be 3-400 damage higher skill damage than wand given the slower dps/ higher base damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Cinco,

I'd like to offer my sincerest thanks and gratitude for giving the other Lv105 Elite 2h weapons a much needed buff.

I have once again taken time to hop onto public matches in pvp and hand test the staff. I was very pleased with the 13m range to compete with the Arothraxis bow. However, despite my best efforts and appropriate usage of the range... I still found myself on the losing end. Whether it be bow birds, or mages.. (the most common classes known to use the bow.)

The bow still seems to hit harder and proc more frequently. I believe it's due to the Auto speed difference.

However, I am still very happy and grateful that the Wyzamiro staff received a buff. It was in dire need of one.

To wrap up this feedback. I believe that the Wyzamiro Staff is still lacking in Damage. I'd say that more damage would help compensate for the slower auto fire rate and would then allow it to better compete with the bow.

Thank you very much for taking feedback into consideration. Whether or not there are changes yet to come. We appreciate your efforts!! (:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyfuryzz View Post
    Cinco,

I'd like to offer my sincerest thanks and gratitude for giving the other Lv105 Elite 2h weapons a much needed buff.

I have once again taken time to hop onto public matches in pvp and hand test the staff. I was very pleased with the 13m range to compete with the Arothraxis bow. However, despite my best efforts and appropriate usage of the range... I still found myself on the losing end. Whether it be bow birds, or mages.. (the most common classes known to use the bow.)

The bow still seems to hit harder and proc more frequently. I believe it's due to the Auto speed difference.

However, I am still very happy and grateful that the Wyzamiro staff received a buff. It was in dire need of one.

To wrap up this feedback. I believe that the Wyzamiro Staff is still lacking in Damage. I'd say that more damage would help compensate for the slower auto fire rate and would then allow it to better compete with the bow.

Thank you very much for taking feedback into consideration. Whether or not there are changes yet to come. We appreciate your efforts!! (:

Holy is a very good mage. I'd take his feedback seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyfuryzz View Post
    Cinco,

I also think that the staff could use a better or longer proc debuff because it lasts such a short time its hard to just nuke. The proc should debuff armor/damage and keep target stunned for atleast 5 seconds. It should also get a proc spawn rate buff to compete with the bow.