Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Never Date You - A guild for female characters only!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Will Never Date You - A guild for female characters only!

(This thread will get updated as time goes on, probably with a nice banner and other cool stuff)

Do you play a female character?
    Are you maybe a girl in real life?
    Do you prefer to just play the game instead of get asked out all the time?
    Wanna tell all those hormonal teenage boys or creepy old men you're not interested?

Well have I got the guild for you! Join Will Never Date You, and tell all those guys looking for dates in an online game to get a clue!

We have a Tier 3 guild hall!

Now that the advertising portion is over, let me tell you about myself, how I got this idea, and what I hope to accomplish with this guild.

I'm a guy in real life. I don't hide it. I play female characters almost exclusively, because I dislike looking at a male behind while playing. I don't intentionally trick people with my character. I am honest and nice to everyone. Generally people I play with know I'm a guy. I like helping people and, naturally, my main is an Engineer. I get asked out or flirted with at least three times a week. I'm not kidding. Really.

I got the idea for this guild from a Supergroup in Champions Online called "Is Never Going To Date You, So Don't Ask" with the same premise. It's a cool idea. A guild for female characters only, who prefer to avoid getting flirted with while playing. Naturally, SL has a character limit and a word limit, so I shortened it. It's not foolproof, and games allow you to turn off seeing guild names entirely.

What do I hope to accomplish with this guild? First of all this guild is meant to be casual. My Guild Master character, Karai, is not my main, and I'm still very much devoted to Rage of Mages. But she will be my second main, and as such I will be playing both a lot.

This guild is more of a status symbol than anything. The point of joining is to have your character name and the guild name form a sentence, and send a clear message. Ex: Karai Will Never Date You.

Ground rules:
    1. There will be NO male characters in the guild! Player gender doesn't matter, but all characters in the guild must be female. I may change this rule later, but not at first.
    2. Respect other members.
    3. Officer rank must be earned, and will not just be handed out. Recruiters will be made eventually.
    4. If you don't plan to talk in /g, please don't ask to join. I like a talkative guild chat.
    5. Causing drama will lead to being kicked out.

Interested parties should contact Karaai or Karai ingame, or send me a PM on the forum.

Lastly, I would like to thank Ric (Cyric/Dooric/Neeric, not sure if he has a forum account) and Thequickone for loans of 4k a piece, without whom this guild would not have been possible.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-14-2012 at 05:02 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

*rolls on floor, laughing* Bron, I really love the idea of this guild. Sadly, some guys will see it as a challenge, but I really do love it. And yes, later you may want to let the guys in--some of my friends have been hounded on their male chars, too. Sadly, silliness (and not taking "no" as an answer) knows no gender.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:483104
    *rolls on floor, laughing* Bron, I really love the idea of this guild. Sadly, some guys will see it as a challenge, but I really do love it. And yes, later you may want to let the guys in--some of my friends have been hounded on their male chars, too. Sadly, silliness (and not taking "no" as an answer) knows no gender.

Lol
    Seriously tho, I get flirted with a lot! Lol I find it amusing.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hubbahubba baby. I love a challenge, playing hard to get are you? You know you love me. Because I'm sexy and I know it Lmfao.
    I'M KIDDING.
    The guild is a good idea but I do believe it might introduce that playing hard to get idea. But its your idea and I support it. Personally I'm not into the pixel ladys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by casimir55:483116
    Hubbahubba baby. I love a challenge, playing hard to get are you? You know you love me. Because I'm sexy and I know it Lmfao.
    I'M KIDDING.
    The guild is a good idea but I do believe it might introduce that playing hard to get idea. But its your idea and I support it. Personally I'm not into the pixel ladys.

Lmao wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yea! Lol love that song. Totally agree with you, I'm not into pixel ladies. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks for the support people! I hope it's successful.

Don't worry, male characters will be allowed in eventually, and I will make a new thread at that point. Exceptions will be made, too. I'm hoping to get at least ten to fifteen members (not counting myself) before I do that, and I maintain that this guild is meant to have more female characters than male ones because female characters get flirted with more often online. But yea don't worry, it's on the agenda.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-15-2011 at 11:10 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84:483124
    Thanks for the support people! I home it's successful.

Don't worry, male characters will be allowed in eventually, and I will make a new thread at that point. Exceptions will be made, too. I'm hoping to get at least ten to fifteen members (not counting myself) before I do that, and I maintain that this guild is meant to have more female characters than male ones because female characters get flirted with more often online. But yea don't worry, it's on the agenda.

GL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post

Lol
    Seriously tho, I get flirted with a lot! Lol I find it amusing.
    Hee! Love the graphic, Javier! Flirting is great as long as all involved parties are okay with it and it's tons of fun. It's the ones that will not take, "Really. Not. Interested." as your final answer or, worse by far, pester you with increasingly demanding PMs in the middle of a run after you've told them no. If it's just annoying, I hit mute. If it's over the top, I hit Report (and some of it was stuff that would've earned them a punch in the nose had they said it to me in RL) and then I hit mute and move on. My only fear is that the ones that don't "hear" no when you say it, aren't going to believe it if they see it as a guild name. sigh.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Congrats, Bron! I love the premise behind the guild, and agree that it is entirely needed. I am also happy to see you finally got your idea up and running! You've been wanting to do this for a long time.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the cause. I do occasionally see other characters getting hit on in general chat. The next time I do, I will send them your way! Best of luck with your new venture!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I got a few female chars too like the way they disappear from dunjons once you report em lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I still have yet to report even one person. Am I too nice?

Guild feels so lonely ingame. I had a person ask to join like five minutes after I set it up, but then when I told her I'm not really a girl she called me a perv and quit. I explained myself and we added each other to friends, but she won't come back cause she says she's in an all girls guild already. Probably on another char since that one was guild-less after quitting WNDY. I wonder if they get lonely on cold nights?

I plan to buy a Tier 3 guild hall once I get at least one permanent member.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I wish you the best of luck in this venture. I think it is quite needed.

I'm male, but my toon is female (Just because I took the default option when setting up the account initially, and didn't really care one way or the other, as I had no clue if I would stay & play long)

Playing a female character has given me an entirely new perspective on things. I never realized just how many pervs are out there, nor how annoying it must be for women to dive into a mostly male dominated arena (video games) and try and just have fun without worring about crap like this. I probably get hit on at least a few times a week, and when I tell them I'm a male, I get all kinds of responses, most of which are not fit to print here. I also get chatted up by girls that are looking for other girls to game with, and I when I inform them I am a dude, some of them get all wierd in their responses also.

I have never tried to hit on anyone in the game, I try and tell anyone I have more than a passing conversation with that I'm a guy, and most find it funny that i'm playing the opposite gender. All I want to do here is play a game and have fun. (and besides, my toon is much cuter to look at if i'm the one staring at it all day!)

It's unfortunate that some of the people that sign up here are just running around trying to use it as a dating, or social networking site. I do believe there are apps, programs & websites MUCH more suited to that type of behavior. This is a GAME, and it has no age restrictions, so it is highly unappropriate to use it for anything beyond that.

I also know several female players that chose male toons just to keep this sort of thing happening to them as well, so there's a lot of crossing the lines happening here in SL.

Anyhow, I hope this gets off the ground. I'm already in a good guild, and friends with quite a few other top guilds, so I doubt I'll be joining up, but if there's any help needed, or you guys need "drama free" runs to join, feel free to look me or anyone in our guild up. We are all mature adults, and anything close to this type of behavior is completely against our guidelines, and can result in an insta-boot if reported. None of our members should ever hassle anyone in this manner, so consider us a safe haven as well.
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Karrai, love it, and yes i have my personal guild called "Ghosts" i wish you luck my friend.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am still amazed by the flirting in STS games. How does one get to blasting vulars or shooting arrows with a bird to "will you be mine?". How can this game make anyone behave like it's an eHarmony website? Is there even 1 success story of these weird flirting in-game???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm wondering why it took this long for someone to come up with this idea.

Anyways, good luck with all the pubescent and hormonal teenage boys coming your way!
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I know right, Stomp?

I have no idea why it took so long Pro. I just thought of it one day. I hope to create a safe haven from such people.

Guild news! We now have a T3 guild hall like the "adult" guilds. I would also like to welcome my friend Commandmagician on his alt Drkcreator, who is our first Officer.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-16-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

LOL! Love the idea, find it a bit creepy that it's run by a guy...
    reminds me of one of my guy friends who well...likes other guys. I can just picture him going "no no no girl, mm mmm"...he's very...very feminine.

NOT SAYING THATS WHAT YOU ARE! Don't take that offensively, I'm just saying, this is the kind of thing a girl should run...and it should be girls only. /end feminism
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

What's wrong with a guy running this guild? And no, I'm not into guys. That's my standard answer to pickup lines, actually.

At least a girl can say she's not interested. Me? I have to answer awkward questions. Seriously it's more stressful for guys playing girl characters.

That, and there's plenty of 100% girl guilds out there, which is a different demographic. I'm targeting people who get hit on. That means both male and female. It's not just girls this happens to. I'd just like to get a good amount of female characters first before I open it up to males, but that doesn't mean they're not welcome. They're not welcome yet.

Either way thanks for the support.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Good idea, I get asked on my bird by a bear/Mage I pretend ima girl IRL -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Woah you a guy making all female guild for yourself and not let guys joins? ^^"

Good luck to guild and have fun =D
    Last edited by kateku; 11-19-2011 at 07:41 AM.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan