Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Never Date You - A guild for female characters only!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    (This thread will get updated as time goes on, probably with a nice banner and other cool stuff)

Do you play a female character?
    Are you maybe a girl in real life?
    Do you prefer to just play the game instead of get asked out all the time?
    Wanna tell all those hormonal teenage boys or creepy old men you're not interested?

Well have I got the guild for you! I just made it and it's brand new! Join Will Never Date You, and tell all those guys looking for dates in an online game to get a clue!

We have a Tier 3 guild hall!

Now that the advertising portion is over, let me tell you about myself, how I got this idea, and what I hope to accomplish with this guild.

I'm a guy in real life. I don't hide it. I play female characters almost exclusively, because I dislike looking at a male behind while playing. I don't intentionally trick people with my character. I am honest and nice to everyone. Generally people I play with know I'm a guy. I like helping people and, naturally, my main is an Engineer. I get asked out or flirted with at least three times a week. I'm not kidding. Really.

I got the idea for this guild from a Supergroup in Champions Online called "Is Never Going To Date You, So Don't Ask" with the same premise. It's a cool idea. A guild for female characters only, who prefer to avoid getting flirted with while playing. Naturally, SL has a character limit and a word limit, so I shortened it. It's not foolproof, and games allow you to turn off seeing guild names entirely.

What do I hope to accomplish with this guild? First of all this guild is meant to be casual. My Guild Master character, Karai, is not my main, and I'm still very much devoted to Rage of Mages. But she will be my second main, and as such I will be playing both a lot.

This guild is more of a status symbol than anything. The point of joining is to have your character name and the guild name form a sentence, and send a clear message. Ex: Karai Will Never Date You.

Ground rules:
    1. There will be NO male characters in the guild! Player gender doesn't matter, but all characters in the guild must be female. I may change this rule later, but not at first.
    2. Respect other members.
    3. Officer rank must be earned, and will not just be handed out. Recruiters will be made eventually.
    4. If you don't plan to talk in /g, please don't ask to join. I like a talkative guild chat.
    5. Causing drama will lead to being kicked out.

Interested parties should contact Karaai or Karai ingame, or send me a PM on the forum.

Lastly, I would like to thank Ric (Cyric/Dooric/Neeric, not sure if he has a forum account) and Thequickone for loans of 4k a piece, without whom this guild would not have been possible.
    @what i bolded, dont know bron i have been asked out in Star legends by poeple wont know if it would make a difference :O
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I don't think the last couple of people replying even read the discussion. Point is, it's for female CHARACTERS who get hit on. Players can be either, and it tends to bother us male players a lot more because we have to answer awkward questions. Then some people get the wrong idea. So I'm trying to save the female characters out there some grief. Players can be either, but it's more awkward for male players.

Anyway been having trouble recruiting lately. I thought I had found a good recruitment officer but she quit recently, even after we added each other to friends on my main.

Maybe recruiting for a guild where the GM character isn't played much is a bad idea? Makes the guild look inactive I think. Whenever I'm in town I do my recruiting message, so it's not like I don't try to recruit.

Anybody got advice? What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

RROTFLMFAO

That is a good idea of a guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I don't think the last couple of people replying even read the discussion. Point is, it's for female CHARACTERS who get hit on. Players can be either, and it tends to bother us male players a lot more because we have to answer awkward questions. Then some people get the wrong idea. So I'm trying to save the female characters out there some grief. Players can be either, but it's more awkward for male players.

Anyway been having trouble recruiting lately. I thought I had found a good recruitment officer but she quit recently, even after we added each other to friends on my main.

Maybe recruiting for a guild where the GM character isn't played much is a bad idea? Makes the guild look inactive I think. Whenever I'm in town I do my recruiting message, so it's not like I don't try to recruit.

Anybody got advice? What am I doing wrong?
    Necro Much?

Anyhow, Find a friend who you trust the most and promote him/her (or Them).

You could just disband the guild and make a new Name for it if it's totally dead.

There's tons of ways to get Members.. Add a new perspective why to join the guild!

eg. Changing name of the Guild : "Is Married" or "Is Already Taken" (Something that can be used By Male or Female toons)

With these kinds of names, of course you can change the rules

eg. When You changed the guild name into "Is Married"

The first thing that comes to someone's mind is they are not Open!

Thus reducing these accounts of these inappropriate flirting.

Rules would be changed too like, Male or Female toon can be added.

Because when people read it, Its "[Name]_Is Married"

And your toon's gender won't matter!

But, you can still achieve your goal with this tactic! (if im correct its just a status symbol so that you can't be harassed right?)

That's all i can suggest for now, but im pretty sure there are some sick ideas out there that could bring a guild back to life
    Last edited by iAmPain; 08-14-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iAmPain View Post
    Necro Much?

Anyhow, Find a friend who you trust the most and promote him/her (or Them).

You could just disband the guild and make a new Name for it if it's totally dead.

There's tons of ways to get Members.. Add a new perspective why to join the guild!

eg. Changing name of the Guild : "Is Married" or "Is Already Taken" (Something that can be used By Male or Female toons)

With these kinds of names, of course you can change the rules

eg. When You changed the guild name into "Is Married"

The first thing that comes to someone's mind is they are not Open!

Thus reducing these accounts of these inappropriate flirting.

Rules would be changed too like, Male or Female toon can be added.

Because when people read it, Its "[Name]_Is Married"

And your toon's gender won't matter!

But, you can still achieve your goal with this tactic! (if im correct its just a status symbol so that you can't be harassed right?)

That's all i can suggest for now, but im pretty sure there are some sick ideas out there that could bring a guild back to life
    Yes, he necro'd his own thread, which means it's still in use.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

ya know, if i were a girl and some stranger flirted with me, id kick em :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Right. The thread is still in use. I don't see a reason to make a new thread about the same exact thing. That is unless it starts allowing male characters, at which point I'll make a new thread and opener since that's a drastic change.

So remake the guild? Really don't wanna lose the investment on it. I'm not made of credits. The name Will Never Date You is not gender specific really, so I don't see a reason to remake under a new name. It's primarily for people to wear on top of their character's head to deter being hit on. Status symbol.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my recruiting methods. I have a good and descriptive thread on the forums and a recruiting message for when I'm in Blackstar. I'm on a lot and add members to friends on my main (Keep them even after they quit) so people don't think I'm an inactive GM cause my main doesn't head the guild.

What am I doing wrong guys? Is there something I'm missing?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-15-2012 at 12:21 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

First you gotta think for yourself;

Why would i join this guild?

Okay so i decided to joined in

Should i stay in it or not?

It's been pretty boring here, isn't there anything new to do?

for example, Mini Games with mini rewards such as guess the number in my head and it shall be in your possession!

Okay.. so this guild had some gigs.

Can I help this guild to grow Because were still struggling in keeping up the Recruits and People that is in it,

And if the purpose of this guild is just to be a symbol to deter being hit on right, But why can't I be a recruiter if I know I would be a good one?

If the only to be a recruiter is to be loyal to the guild, then.. I have to be here for a long time?

But how can I be loyal to this guild if I don't even have friends in it? :'(

Bottom Line, be more interactive with your members!

Have a connection! Give them reasons why to stay in the guild, Motivate Them!

Make them feel at home, give them someone to talk to.

I see that your'e in a striving guild in PL, I'm assuming you should have know the ingredients to a successful guild.

Use your'e experience, try to do the same thing that made your Guild in PL a good one..
    Last edited by iAmPain; 08-15-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

@OP -- ONLY three times a week?! XD

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Actually I make everybody who joins a recruiter to add people in easier. I make sure to tell them we are looking for female characters who get hit on too much, but friends of said characters are fine too i guess. It hasn't worked to keep people or induct more for some reason. I try to do stuff with the members but they quit after a couple of days so. It's been really hard and I dunno what to do.

ROM is pretty inactive in PL. This is a SL guiild. Ghost is mostly in SL and DL nowadays. We have a lot of members in PL but I don't see them often. I'm not on PL that much.

Yea Piano, it's honestly usually more but 3 is the bare minimum I get hit on per week usually.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Maybe there`s just not enough female toons getting hit on nowadays..

Maybe no one wants to join because they know they are just joining for the symbol.

TBH, if you really did do what you are saying, IDK what`s the problem.

Hope you find your answers soon. Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks everybody. I'll keep trying then. I just don't know what's going on. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

goodluck with ur guild broni

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It's Bron, but thanks for the support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

What if I play a male character and yet I'm a girl in rl? & what if people don't believe that I'm a girl in rl? But my friends know ima girl.. o.o i can't join the guild?

I'm known to play male characters more than female ones and even if I'm playing a male character I still get hit on by "girls" asking me out and stuff o.O
    Last edited by Ark; 08-16-2012 at 03:33 PM.

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

^ LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I am in agreement with Stomp. Funny.

But to answer your question it has zero to do with IRL genders even if you are a girl,but is about characters genders. if you get hit on a lot and your character is male you're eligible. I would prefer to have minimal male characters though, unless it's really happening to you a lot and you need to put out a message of "No" badly enough. There is a severe imbalance ingame, where it happens more to female characters than male ones so I'm aiming the guild at the female ones first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

lol so if a rl guy plays a girl character, he can join the guild? sounds funny if you think about it xD.

[Retired Player]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I've already said RL genders don't matter. Ingame gender being female who hates getting hit on is preferred, but I will take males is they're getting harassed way too much. Also friends of existing members are welcome too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

So what iffffff the person who was doing all the flirting and harassment makes a female character and join your guild? lolol (I have a lot of "what if" questions xD)

[Retired Player]