Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sts needs an advertisement campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Sts needs an advertisement campaign.

I noticed that sts are not that active when it comes to social media. Their yt channel are all about Arcane Legends (AL) . They should have like an fb page for pl to encourage people to play the game .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rdzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I agree 100% this could be a GREAT thing for the games. I feel they should also put their games in youtube ads and such just to get more people to know about it, these games are insanely fun only sad part is not many people know about this small organization, the games would blow up if recognized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Live streaming is a great way we the players can help advertise the games. If anybody is interested in streaming I’d be more than happy to assist in any way I can and help promote streams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Like this outdated video by PL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjbEhtFOI4
    Last edited by Bats; 07-17-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

For newer games? Yes. For older games that are small compared to games like WoW? Not so much.

As Zojak stated, one of the biggest ways a game can blow up is through streamers. Unfortunately, there aren't many streamers that stream STS games outside of Zojak.

Perhaps STS could reach out to a well-known streamer and offer to pay that individual to stream their game(s), just a thought. There are games that have blown up as a result of well-known streamers trying them for as little as one day. It entirely depends on how big of an audience that streamer typically has and what impression the streamer leaves its audience with, in addition to how well the audience receives the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Perhaps STS could reach out to a well-known streamer and offer to pay that individual to stream their game(s), just a thought. There are games that have blown up as a result of well-known streamers trying them for as little as one day. It entirely depends on how big of an audience that streamer typically has and what impression the streamer leaves its audience with, in addition to how well the audience receives the game.
    Unfortunately this was already attempted in AL a couple of years ago and didn’t go so well, which is why the dev support I received, though VERY appreciated. Was limited. Even though I did above and beyond what the old partnered streamers did back then.

But that aside the mobile scene on twitch is very small, that along with declining population in the legends game are two of the biggest reasons my stream, as well as other streams will fail. Comparing to when I started streaming AL in 2013 I had 300 or so viewers every stream, to now in 2018 I’m lucky to get 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I think streaming is great for games already established to keep population and grow. BUT I think the legend games really need a big YouTuber shout-out. I don't mean a channel with 5000 subscribers and 1000 views per video I mean pay a channel with 500,000 subscribers that gets 50,000 views per video and the payoff would be tremendous no matter the cost. It will surely hook more than a handful of players that will pay back the investment in no time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I think streaming is great for games already established to keep population and grow. BUT I think the legend games really need a big YouTuber shout-out. I don't mean a channel with 5000 subscribers and 1000 views per video I mean pay a channel with 500,000 subscribers that gets 50,000 views per video and the payoff would be tremendous no matter the cost. It will surely hook more than a handful of players that will pay back the investment in no time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I currently hover around 1000 subscribers making nearly exclusively PL content, however I am currently finding it hard to come out with new, innovative content that is action packed and fun. The best way to make content is on pc, but pc Pocket Legends is hard as balls. So I am pretty much stuck to making informative videos like 'How To's'. Do you guys think I should either:

1) Get good and stop complaining about how hard pc PL is, or
    2) Double down on informative content that isn't as action packed.

I really like this game, but honestly have been hitting a strong case of content creator's block (lmao) so any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Walie
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-17-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I currently hover around 1000 subscribers making nearly exclusively PL content, however I am currently finding it hard to come out with new, innovative content that is action packed and fun. The best way to make content is on pc, but pc Pocket Legends is hard as balls. So I am pretty much stuck to making informative videos like 'How To's'. Do you guys think I should either:

I really like this game, but honestly have been hitting a strong case of content creator's block (lmao) so any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Walie
    This is where having a spectator mode would come in extremely clutch for PL. For example, tournaments provide ample (and exciting), non-exhaustive content. People would love to stream/view them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

An advertisement campaign is probably way to expensive. If it would economically make sence to promote old sts games then sts would do this.
    The fact that theres no advertisement campaign just says that PL doesn't create a high enough payback for running an advertisement campaign.
    Ty Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8

The Developer we love most - Cinco loco

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks,
    Walie
    Maybe do competitions, like:
    1) Time limit to farm a specific item
    2) Race from lvl 1 to 105
    3) PVP, maybe with handicaps, etc.
    4) Gather Guild, and gather an Audience. You vs (Willing Participant). Choose topic to debate (Topics in PL, Life, Movies/shows, etc). You start with 1-3 minutes to make point. Opponent does the same. You rebuttal. Opponent rebuttals. Audience sides with whoever they think wins debate.
    5) Scavenger Hunt with Guild Members (idk, just wanted to say this)
    6) Whoever completes map the fastest. Handicaps or no gear (idk)

Or, play PL and invite people you know irl to discuss heavy topics like Politics, environmental, gaming, life, etc. Deep or light. I'd watch that. Maybe do streams too, invite these irl people. Maybe even do this with other PL youtubers like HQNA, and others.

I would also like to know who other PL youtubers are. I would sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Follome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Follome View Post
    Maybe do competitions, like:
    1) Time limit to farm a specific item
    2) Race from lvl 1 to 105
    3) PVP, maybe with handicaps, etc.
    4) Gather Guild, and gather an Audience. You vs (Willing Participant). Choose topic to debate (Topics in PL, Life, Movies/shows, etc). You start with 1-3 minutes to make point. Opponent does the same. You rebuttal. Opponent rebuttals. Audience sides with whoever they think wins debate.
    5) Scavenger Hunt with Guild Members (idk, just wanted to say this)
    6) Whoever completes map the fastest. Handicaps or no gear (idk)

Or, play PL and invite people you know irl to discuss heavy topics like Politics, environmental, gaming, life, etc. Deep or light. I'd watch that. Maybe do streams too, invite these irl people. Maybe even do this with other PL youtubers like HQNA, and others.

I would also like to know who other PL youtubers are. I would sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi Follo,

Thank you for the detailed response! I will for sure look into doing all of these points as I find them to be incredible feedback. I have a feeling you will be seeing something new from my channel in the coming weeks.

Thank you,
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I've always suggested that a grassroots approach to spreading the word about PL to friends, family and associates is the most effective and cheapest way to grow the community. Then act as their guide as they learn the ropes. And trying to get retired players back in action again. So, think about referrals of such people to PL, and even if 1 out of 10 stays, that is a win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Thanks,
    Walie
    I find it very easy to make videos using the “Screen Record” option on any iOS device, can be done with just a press of a button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

STS won't do it because this game is already very old.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Follo,

Thank you for the detailed response! I will for sure look into doing all of these points as I find them to be incredible feedback. I have a feeling you will be seeing something new from my channel in the coming weeks.

Thank you,
    Walie
    No problem! Hope your channel grows! I would also like to know the name of it, lol. Unless I'm blind and was already said ;o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    STS won't do it because this game is already very old.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk
    It's so old, I do not remember when we had our last update. Nothing is impossible in 2018 for PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Follome View Post
    No problem! Hope your channel grows! I would also like to know the name of it, lol. Unless I'm blind and was already said ;o
    The channel name is. "That Boss Guy", I'll link it below!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCke..._as=subscriber

Thank you again,
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I thought word of mouth was advertising. The game has way too many levels or inactive levels. The players are distributed everywhere. When they are distributed everywhere, u have less communication and that makes the game seem not active. New players will interact with old players less because of the level distribution.

U have new players that can’t access Oktal main map because they require a pet to access that realm. We know that Balefort isn’t as active as it use to be. Most active and oldgen players are at Oktal. Oktal shouldn’t require a pet to access.