Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In game content for newer players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default In game content for newer players

I agree sts is currently knee deep in suggestions right now. But could we toss around some ideas to make AL more new player friendly by maybe adding some outlets for making a little bit more gold. Anything i feel would be good to be added to spark their interests and make them want to keep going in AL. Pls no salt lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexcell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

In recent memory i literary walked 3-4 friends trough the game ( from lvl1 ) supporting them with gold , helping out with maps and the general game progression ... most quit right after unlocking graveyard ... one of them finally made it to lvl66 and quit right after that -_-

In most cases gold was not the problem ( maybe cuz im generous lol ) but rather the lack of gameplay at mid-levels . Once story quests stop providing large amounts of exp players reach a point where logging in and doing dailies for 50 mins is the only thing left to do . I dont blame anyone that just farmed exp for weeks and finds out that there is another huge grind before they even get the chance to try and make gold on their own for quitting .....

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Increase basic character's movement speed(at least 50% more)

Increase main quests gold and exp rewards( rather have new people lvl up SUPER quick, its not enough even with buffs that have been added)

Give new players a decent egg for free, id rather have the new guys get like a nightshade type egg by lvl 25 or so, for doing a fairly simple quest.

I havent made a new char in a while but are there any repeatable quests from lvl 20-50? There should be a lesser version of the orc quests.

Trade permit should auto unlock at lvl 25 or so, i think you've killed off more legit players than non with this. 3 days is reasonable i agree, some ppl would rather go for 4-6 hours and get to X lvl than wait 3 days.

I agree with the guys that say locks should ONLY drop in kraken mines and kraag tombs, just do it, it will bring the new ppl together and allow them to make some peanuts. End gamers wont touch it i can assure u.

Offer a party bonus of exp(make ppl connect, thus helping them help you). 4 person pt should get extra exp(trying to attract new ppl right..? Thos would not hurt 85% plus of the players)

At this point G , let these few new players PLOW through the first 50 levels, whats it going to hurt? We want end gamers and let them put in the work at the end.

Increase boltags chest quests reward, like add a zero to the 7.8k lol, it may have been fine before, thats nothing in todays market.

At something to elite runner chests(anything that will draw ppl to farm, make it mid range rare and specifically for a certain lvl range(mid-high lvl , not to low).

I have so much more guys but i want to know what you think of these ideas. Ive thought about these things for a while but these are just flying out of my finger right now.

I feel more passion to help ppl recently because of 1 player, 1. He has continued to show interest in the game(hes from before 46 cap at least, cant be sure of exact join). He has never asked me for anything but info(i know how ppl can be but sometimes you can just tell when someone is dedicated. Especially when all you see is him farming exp and not begging). He has truly helped me see the good in some ppl, and believe you me, i can spot a rat. He asks me about literally 100+ questions over the last week and he takes my advice and works hard(hes lvl 51 now today, proud of him). So why can we not reward these guys? Make it easier for them! Please.

Lets go on your guys thoughts please, constructive if can be.

Thabk you for making this thread, i literally was wanting to make a similar one the past couple days.

Sts, ask some questions, we can help if everyone stays constructive!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Storylines and quests are what rpg is supposed to be. Somewhere along the lines players became obsessed with gold. They demanded it from STS over game play. We dont need more cash flow. Quests to solve puzzles, find secret entrances and craft gears are more interesting to me. The question is how can STS provide any content and still earn a wage. Most ppl want to play for free. If buying, selling and making money are your goals try Monopoly.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hexcell View Post
    I agree sts is currently knee deep in suggestions right now. But could we toss around some ideas to make AL more new player friendly by maybe adding some outlets for making a little bit more gold. Anything i feel would be good to be added to spark their interests and make them want to keep going in AL. Pls no salt lol.

They added gold loot awakenings.... A chester pet..............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Storylines and quests are what rpg is supposed to be. Somewhere along the lines players became obsessed with gold. They demanded it from STS over game play. We dont need more cash flow. Quests to solve puzzles, find secret entrances and craft gears are more interesting to me. The question is how can STS provide any content and still earn a wage. Most ppl want to play for free. If buying, selling and making money are your goals try Monopoly.
    Would you agree to some extent that newer players could have an easier time leveling up? I had no problem leveling up(it is already very easy) and earning meager wages but the game needs players. Id rather new players get the gold boost than us, it isnt even comparable considering the amount ppl make at 61+(which is fine). Give them some decent gold so they feel accomplished(should focus on leveling but we know ppl nowadays..).

I remember when power leveling was a business model in pocket legends..

Would you agree more repeatable quests are in order(even if its mainly for exp)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I'm glad this thread was started and I agree that new players need something, the Km3 idea is good, no drops for high levels there though. I made a character recently out of curiosity and because I wanted to recapture it all again. It got to level 52 and then I lost all interest. The only good thing that came from it was I have even more empathy for new players now. The events aren't kind to them at all, all levels should be included in events but the difficulty for them these days makes it nigh on impossible. It doesn't bode well for AL if all we have are a few high level veteran players in the future. Why can't a PvP map like the Festerfang one be made for lower levels? All those empty tombs and maps going to waste.. it's a shame. I'm not good at ideas like the previous posters but I do agree with them. I need to stop posting, I even annoy myself lately.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    They added gold loot awakenings.... A chester pet..............
    Nooo lol i mean more gold for new players to give them a better incentive and ignite some sort of passion for the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Agreed, 100%. But how could we make it better and easier on the newer players. They have so much they have to do compared to the current players who played around the 2013-2016 mark. They have to get a traders permit, which takes 10 days to get, unless they get lucky from Shazbot, they start at 25 crafting inventory slots, which eventually becomes a pain to deal with as they start their road to endgame. I know that these obstacles were implemented for a reason and have their purposes. I see how they would start to think of it all as frivolous and just start to seek out newer things to do in different games. It cannot be denied that the player base is shrinking ever so rapidly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Yes..it was the story that attracted me to AL in the first place. Right from the beginning with Gustav. The cut scenes in the early maps made it more magical too as did the quests. 🙂

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

My opinion is that new players needs to play with someone of same level. And maps are just empty.
    What about a “permanent event” that gives extra exp after finishing a map, and the map change every hour or so. This would gather people in the map, meet more people, make friends (that is all about what made me love pve in AL).
    Or showing in world map how many players of your level are running maps, so you can try to join them.
    Trying to gather people together to me is the key for new players to play AL. The rest will come.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Gold loot ruined the game. It's too late to fix. New players quit because it is near impossible to make decent gold until you unlock graveyard.

I remember when all you had to do was save for lepre and you could make a steady amount as you leveled up.

Now the new locks are selling for under 1k and any decent item costs millions. If I started playing this game today I would quit within a week.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to macgreaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I originally designed this thread with the intent to toss around some suggestions to help newer players. But I suppose it would not be too horrible if we discussed some other topics aswell, as long as it does not get too off topic. Remember, lets keep this 100% constructive and no negativity. The developers of Arcane Legends do try, remember this. I will just leave this here.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexcell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    Gold loot ruined the game. It's too late to fix. New players quit because it is near impossible to make decent gold until you unlock graveyard.

I remember when all you had to do was save for lepre and you could make a steady amount as you leveled up.

Now the new locks are selling for under 1k and any decent item costs millions. If I started playing this game today I would quit within a week.
    Im no fan of gold loot believe me(although there is no choice but to use it really.). It does suck locks are so cheap. Would you agree that locks should be only lootable in area like kraken mines and kraag tombs? Since i know your at least lvl 69, would you farm there for locks or stick with Esg(ive ran there a handful of time with you )?
    Would you agree/disagree that some kind of "buff" to lower level quests rewards or the like would help some players keep interest?

I say if sts does try to revamp locks that before it is done they should try and get rid of the surplus as much as possible. I know this may sound strange but maybe something like a week where you could convert any lock into an awakening gem or elixir or something, just clear out as much as possible and add the golden ticket to it shortly after.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Another thing that bugs me is how poor the game introduces new players. Once they have made it to the Outpost, they dont know where to get the permit as the game doesn't tell you.

I can assure you that you have read this line before, "where to get traders permit". And just like that you already know why these new players think that this is all of AL. Because they haven't seen the potential of AL if they have a permit otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they should bring back events for twink levels i used to run all seven of my 17s and a few 13s with randoms except for later bosses and in tombs i always found newfriends leveling so id help them whilst farming energies

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

We need lore, origin stories, content and quest that makes players live the story of the Hero. Role Playing is the basic element of an RPG, AL is missing that.

What happened to expansion narrations? We use to have such good narrations, telling us the story and purpose..
    We had it till Arlorian Twilight (not completely in sync but atleast you tried tying Elondoria event to Vori/Lich) then things went south in nightmare expansion (people called it recolor shuyal, but as a lore fanatic I am thinking it was planned, just because the mobs in shuyal say the same thing "Dont wake her up""Let her sleep".. etc.. I mean ideally you should add stories to give such transitions to players).

Festerfang does not even have a narration, I am like what am I doing here...
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I would personally love for crate farming to make a comeback in the Kraken Mines. It served as a pretty good casual, low-level farming method. And the best way to beat an exp grind is to throw in some gold incentive to make it seem a lot less grindy.

The fireworks going off as a crate drops really sets off a dopamine reaction, which really helped me get to Lv56 during the 56 cap. It's all a proven science.
    Last edited by Zylx; 07-19-2018 at 09:10 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

This will take time and planning and resources. I think sts prefers to use their time and resources to make content they can make money out of old players then the new ones.

This Woukd be a ong term investment and sts doesn’t seem to be interested in that atm

P.s these are my observations and feelings not facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    This will take time and planning and resources. I think sts prefers to use their time and resources to make content they can make money out of old players then the new ones.

This Woukd be a ong term investment and sts doesn’t seem to be interested in that atm

P.s these are my observations and feelings not facts.
    But what about when all the old players are gone and moved on. The new ones are going to take the place of the old.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexcell For This Useful Post: