Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FEEDBACK: Luck Elixirs/Enhancers are Evil?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    And that in turn does not matter since items will be cheaper and wont need lots of creds to buy. Unless you need to have lots of credits in the bank to prop the ego.
    Id rather have the items i want and no gold.
    Many things such as Stims and Crafting Recipes don't get cheaper, which is a big part of where my cash goes. Recipes do drop, but they'll always hover around the store price. Therefore people still need to make money beyond the cost of equipment.
    Gandalf有evel 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed有evel 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ive got more money worth of creds in the bank, then i do gold. But im very good at stashing my stims and getting more. haha around 4k red and blues in the bank just from stashing.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Micro transactions are ruining games as a whole. They hope you won't realize that you are in fact spending more on a mobile MMO than you ever would on a console or PC game.

I don't understand how anyone can justify paying more than $10 on a mobile device game.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Downloadable content too. I love buying 69% a game so they can milk me 2 weeks after release with new equipment/maps/quests.

As soon as the video game industry tasted the forbidden fruit of these money black holes, they never looked back.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

uh what? justify what? its all less than one metallica concert ticket... you get to party for 6 months at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    uh what? justify what? its all less than one metallica concert ticket... you get to party for 6 months at least
    I can't justify paying more than $10 on a game I play on a tablet or phone. I purchased plat in PL when they charged for new maps and content. I will pay for items and vanities. I will not pay for enhancers. But I would still never spend more on a mobile game than I would on a console or PC game.

Also Metallica is garbage. And is a terrible comparison. A concert is a once in a life time opportunity for some people. A game is there for ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

dude if you dont see the value of paying dont, dont tell other people its not worth it, its a horrible horrible thing that so many iphone developers are pricing all their games at 1$ just because people expect pocket sized stuff to be cheap, its not like just because you make stuff for smaller screens its less work or something, pocket sized or not its a promising platform that can deliver more value than you can imagine and IAP is the only business model that is working at all on mobile platforms, I respect the software that demands the high prices then delivers the content, few people are doing that ... and whatever im not arguing with you lol
    Last edited by Slant; 11-20-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is kinda getting like Occupy Wallstreet/Portland with people protesting a billion different things, so let's rein is back in.

--

Luck Enhancers are the big problem here, not Plat in general. They need to be nerfed; or better, eliminated, before the next cap raise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    This is kinda getting like Occupy Wallstreet/Portland with people protesting a billion different things, so let's rein is back in.

--

Luck Enhancers are the big problem here, not Plat in general. They need to be nerfed; or better, eliminated, before the next cap raise.
    Agreed. On them being eliminated.
    STS should say they were only here for a limited time.

OCCUPY BLACKSTAR!!! Haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default No more flaming the plat store in general, this is about the LUCK ELIXERS

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeathc View Post
    It's the way I see it as well. Of course plat is there to give players a slightly better advantage, with the constant tweaks to the current Miners Luck Elixer, it shall give them an even larger advantage of controlling the market for the players that do not have access to platinum.

It's even like this with a majority of guilds on the leaderboards. Why play hard when you have access to the platinum store and just boost your way to the cap.

Yes, I understand this is a free game, yes I understand that all the hardworking people at STS need to something to feed themselves, I strongly support any game store any gaming company has to offer. Why should players waste money on buying from China farmers just to get banned, why not just support the game the play already? Companies do this so they can support themselves and their employees and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It's just with this new lixer it just may cripple all the current hard farming players out there.
    Took what I said in the patch notes and inserted it here, this is my comment and it exceeds the 3 letter minimum, because I could not just put a quote.
    Deadbeat- 36 Operative
    Deadbeathc - 36 Engineer
    OdeadbeathcO - 36 commando

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Serious question, who asked for the 100% luck elixir? I know they released it, and it was 'poorly' received, so they made it insanely overpowered.
    So my question is, did players call for a 100 percent luck potion, or was it a poor selling bad idea someone scrambled to 'fix' at the expense of the rest of the game.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Cool

1. The game revolves foremost upon the in-game economy, including in-game currency and non-Platinum gear. Prices depend on supply/demand, upcoming content, etc. Besides leveling, everybody strives to obtain the best gear or make money.

With respect, this is obviously wrong. The games live on plat and gameplay revolves on teamwork. The in-game economy, especially the prices for rare items, only accomplishes keeping the best gear in the hands of a few. The game is not about the economy. What is going to make more people have more fun and thus play and spend more? Being able to make yourself as tough and powerful as possible without insane amounts of grinding. Rarity is fine but you should be able to get the gear you need without giving up your entire life for it. There are lots of economy/resource based games online (I play them myself.) If that's what someone prefers, STS games are not what they want (and they are probably not here reading this.) I play for a fantasy adventure with a 'swords and sorcery' or 'sci-fi' (or soon a 'noir supernatural') theme, not for endlessly trying to get a premium set of gear.

When PL first came out and I had to pay for campaigns, I loved it! And when vanities appeared, I gladly dished out some cash for a nice decorative helm. However, when they completely changed the Elixir system, things started to go downhill in terms of player-quality and skill (in my humble opinion.)

You could be right about this - I started in April of this year. There are a lot of good people, I've found, who don't seem to care a great deal about skill - grind, die, respawn, repeat. I personally don't enjoy that at all so when I find a group that plays as a team, stays in synch and keeps each other alive I treasure them. I wonder what it was like before April but I do know one thing - STS was making a lot less money then on these games.

Ok, as of today's elixir update, these Luck pots are overpowered. This is an extreme lack of insight on the Devs' part: now Plat-purchasers can have many times the luck of anyone else.

I usually can deal with Plat-purchased advantages, but this is too far. It's unwise, because I don't think they realize how much this will effect the economy. I've seen picture of double Pink drops today already... Both the result of a reroll.

In my use of the 100% luck elixirs I found in places where there was already a good drop rate that the drops improved nicely. However, at the high end (pushing for 66 now, just got 65 last night), I'm not using the luck elixir. I'm using the 4x combo elixir and playing with the best team I can get, just to stay alive. I haven't gotten even a purple in Mt. Fang yet. For the elite and insanely hardcore players, the best gear is still going to be mostly a reward for their skill and commitment imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    They over-improved the luck elixirs, making the pink items more platinum purchasable item rather than a legendary grind item.

But player greed also contributes for market instability. These people are pricing an item in million which will lose relevance in a few weeks.

As for the over-pricing I agree completely. I can't buy the best level 65/66 gear until the level cap goes up - probably a couple of steps. My co-GM spends a lot less gold than I do and still has less then 500k. Sets costing $12M collectively in the CS? We'll never have them. We do okay anyway but I don't see premium gear going down in price so I fully expect that I'll continue having to get by without a single significant set/gear purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobbe View Post
    2. The number of items or credits should be a function of the desired rarity and the number of total players, with a fixed distribution by rarity. E.g. Legendary items should be 5perc, epic 10perc, rare 15 perc, uncommon 20 per common, common 30 perc, trash 20 perc.

"Should be"? Why not have it match the real world and only 0.1% get the best gear? I disagree - if I play regularly but still have a life (wife, who makes life much more worth living), job (which pays for the devices I play on and the plat that keeps STS going), should I really never be allowed to get the best gear?

Somewhat related, I think #2 needs a bit of rebalancing. I think it's a shame that common and even uncommon items have little value in the CS, much less in terms of player use. Increasing rarity for rare, epic and legendary items will make the lesser items more desirable and would also increase player satisfaction. Imagine, being excited to loot an uncommon type III flashgun ;-).

I don't care as much about how rare an item is as how much it helps me. Oddly the most rare items are the most beneficial. ;P I'm never going to be excited to loot something that doesn't help.

In support of #1, I think the effectiveness of Miners shoul drop to less than 100, maybe 25 percent. I don't think this would reduce the purchase rate significantly since this is probably a price in-elastic item. This would also improve the likelihood of a long term sustained purchase rate (conversion rate). If left as is, the market will be flooded with premium items, dropping credit prices and the reducing the value of the elixir.

I disagree for reasons mostly stated above. Aside from this game not being based on a few people controlling the "economy" G8-style, I don't see the luck elixirs having a significant effect any time soon. I'm not seeing myself getting any pinks in Mt. Fang, only in lower levels where I can dominate the enemies. When I get something that is truly rare, I'm not selling it, I'm saving it for lower level chars, friends, etc. If I get more than one, I'll consider selling one in the CS. I doubt I'm unusual in this behavior. The player bases is expanding and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. There will be more demand than supply for the long term. In short, I don't expect any major effect on item value any time soon. I.E. I still won't be able to buy any of the really good stuff.

this luck elix destroys the in game economy, destroys relationships between people

The 'in game economy' only benefits a few people and it's not what the game is about. As for destroying relationships between people, if somebody's relationship had an issue that in any way related to the luck elixir then the relationship really had more fundamental issues.

what I am against is how this particular elix brings about changes in the economy that destroys so much of people's progress in the game so far

The only thing I can see that you are calling 'progress' is the chance to be the only people that have (and sell, for millions) the most rare gear. I don't see the luck elixir affecting that for the basic demand vs. supply reasons mentioned above. The merchants will continue to be the "richest" people in game, though personally I think they may be playing the wrong game if being a merchant is what they enjoy.

those hurt most by this "evil" elix are the farmers who grinded through these runs to get these sets together

This pretty much summarizes what I think the real concern is. People that are rich and want to stay rich and want to keep being the only rich people. This is not what the games are for. I have 2 points that sum up my feelings about the FUD in this thread:

1. If you're rich in game, you still will be for the long term. Don't stress.
    2. The fact that I have somewhat more chance now of getting one of the top sets is a positive for me and makes the game more fun. Having the gear that would help me most priced unachievably far out of my reach was only discouraging.

In short - the 100% luck elixirs are a good thing for the game and the majority of players.

Edited to add:
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Serious question, who asked for the 100% luck elixir? I know they released it, and it was 'poorly' received, so they made it insanely overpowered.
    So my question is, did players call for a 100 percent luck potion, or was it a poor selling bad idea someone scrambled to 'fix' at the expense of the rest of the game.

If I'd thought there was a chance they'd give it, I would have asked for it. I didn't have a chance to use the first versions but IMO it was a good idea and improved by the changes they made.
    Last edited by n00b13st; 11-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

dude if you dont see the value of paying dont, dont tell other people its not worth it, its a horrible horrible thing that so many iphone developers are pricing all their games at 1$ just because people expect pocket sized stuff to be cheap, its not like just because you make stuff for smaller screens its less work or something, pocket sized or not its a promising platform that can deliver more value than you can imagine and IAP is the only business model that is working at all on mobile platforms, I respect the software that demands the high prices then delivers the content, few people are doing that ... and whatever im not arguing with you lol
    You're just mad because I said I didn't like Metallica.

I am pretty sure I can tell people it's not worth it. Because this thread was created for the reason of discussing why 100% enhancers are going to ruin the game. My point was that the enhancers/elixers are over priced. 9 -100% luck enhancers costs 20$. And it's not a promise of a pink item. Does that seem like a fair deal to you?

I'm not against them being in game. I'm against the fact that they charge more for an enhancer than they do for actual items. 20 plat for enhancer and only 15 plat for the legendary shield. 50 plat for entire epic set of 35 gear. It takes at least 15 mins to clear the level to get to the boss. So you maybe have 2 chances at getting a legendary item per enhancer. The economics of this does not really make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

IMO we should start a petition in suggestions to have it banned before the next update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

@n00b13st

Wow that's a long post. Lots of good thoughts; I'm impressed.

However, I still adamantly stand with my statement about the in-game economy. I would say there are two leading goals in this game (besides the social aspect)

1. Personal stats -includes experience, level, number of kills, character stats due to equipment, etc.

2. Economic wealth -includes distribution of credits, and any equipment worth credits.

The thing about equipment is that it supports both goals. You can use it to fight more effectively, and to gain wealth. Many people enjoy stockpiling money, just for the sake of being more wealthy, not necessarily to meet the needs of Stim/equipment costs. Plat-ewuipment may be good, but tradable-gear will always be more important than it.

That said, any method of trying to purchase economic wealth in the past has been inefficient, until now. This is what we're annoyed at: the Plat-purchaser being given an advantage in the Economy.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 11-20-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aculeas View Post
    IMO we should start a petition in suggestions to have it banned before the next update.
    We can't sadly...

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 11-21-2011 at 07:15 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Silentarrow For This Useful Post:

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

And who are you?
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    And who are you?

? Who is whom?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with all the other people, and myself consider the enhancer evil.This will create a big gap between plat users and non plat users. Take for examples lvl 35 chests in auction , before the new enhancer they were floating around the price range of 15k- 18k. Enter the new enhancer within a few days the prices have dropped to around 8000. Earlier all of us used to get a sense of happiness when we got a purple because we knew it meant 20k credits in a straight forward way and now honestly i dont even feel like farming cuz i know the epic gun will not drop without an enh and even if i get a purple it wont be worth it. Before the enhancer was launched things were going perfectly, the economy was stable, you really had to ear the end gear. I was really amazed by how exceptionally well the devs had controlled the drop rate, it was clear from the fact that even after a month the end gears were 20k a piece ( except boots and arms obv). I hope the devs do something before the star legends economy crashes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    And who are you?
    Silent is an experienced SL player and forumer, which if I may.. a respectable member of this community

And he is spot on with what he just said, 'Petitions' are not condoned by STS in any manner. Ones that are made will not be used in any development areas and merely shooed away

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post: