Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FEEDBACK: Luck Elixirs/Enhancers are Evil?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

lol didnt even go to the concert, played the game instead, wud have gone if Pearl Jam were opening for them, but they didnt, I look at the game as a once in a lifetime thing as well, at least there are different people around every level cap, so its like a different game every level cap... hmm ok no man Im not mad, I just really believe mobile gaming is worth lot more than publishers are demanding, mobile content actually, even ebooks are heavily under-priced, if world of goo drops to 1$ on the app store, you know something is wrong lol

good points by n00b13st, I dont have a prolem with players "buying their way through the game" while others have to grind through... or that there is some stuff available for plat guys and some stuff for the credit guys... thing is those who have the plat have access to the credit gear easily, but those who take the trouble to make the credits dont have access to the plat stuff... this is unfair in the sense those who chose not to pay to play the game have essentially no feeling of reward for playing the game at all. The way this elix works borks the whole seperation between in game gear and platinum gear, which is something im sure the devs want to keep separate, especially for the reason that the gear earnable in the game is the best gear. This elix is the same as listing Gallowtech, Neutronic, Iridium, Sunwalker, Desert Rat and Sandstorm gear in the plat store, and you can easily get multiple versions of these sets using the new elix. The new elix is waiting to be abused, and those with it are going to end up as the richest people in the game, simply because of the sheer number of items they can get. If you know how to use it well, its basically guaranteed at least 3000-8000 credits every 20 seconds. They might as well start giving 100000 credits for 20 plat in the store, and it would be the same thing.

And as for the boss runs, it was nice to have some high priced items in the store, now there is nothing in the range of 20000-60000 credits (unless the pink guns get there)... the drop rate between updates was ideal, this kept things exciting, now many who dont have the plat to get the elix, or those who are not of a high enough level (35), have given up on boss runs entirely, coz there is absolutely no payoff or incentive for doing these runs any more
    Last edited by Slant; 11-21-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Serious question, who asked for the 100% luck elixir? I know they released it, and it was 'poorly' received, so they made it insanely overpowered.
    So my question is, did players call for a 100 percent luck potion, or was it a poor selling bad idea someone scrambled to 'fix' at the expense of the rest of the game.
    The 100% luck was all on STS I believe but one of the Devs wrote all drops will get a rarer rarity that the other. This was interpreted to how it sounded tho the MF was still not dropping Pinks for people that bought the Luck enhancer. Members then complained that it was not working how it was perceived, and wanted changes to represent what had been written in the Patch Notes.

Pretty much this is the outcome from the feedback. Though STS could have apologized for the error in patch notes they would have had to make a full scale 'refund' (they are 1-2-1 in support) and just continued how it was.

Or change the way it worked 'mechanics side's which they did.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    @n00b13st

Wow that's a long post. Lots of good thoughts; I'm impressed.

However, I still adamantly stand with my statement about the in-game economy. I would say there are two leading goals in this game (besides the social aspect)

1. Personal stats -includes experience, level, number of kills, character stats due to equipment, etc.

2. Economic wealth -includes distribution of credits, and any equipment worth credits.

The thing about equipment is that it supports both goals. You can use it to fight more effectively, and to gain wealth. Many people enjoy stockpiling money, just for the sake of being more wealthy, not necessarily to meet the needs of Stim/equipment costs. Plat-ewuipment may be good, but tradable-gear will always be more important than it.

That said, any method of trying to purchase economic wealth in the past has been inefficient, until now. This is what we're annoyed at: the Plat-purchaser being given an advantage in the Economy.

I understand your points (I think ) and respect your position. I have not yet seen any sign that the luck elixir is going to make any difference for my top level characters getting the best gear and for the lower level characters it just might, maybe, allow the chance they could have gear that I will never ever be able to afford to buy with gold/creds.

I'm willing to accept the possibility that I may find I'm wrong about the overall amount of effect the luck elixir has. Perhaps my lvl 65 (and my co-GM's) will accumulate the desired gear as we grind for 66, maybe we'll even have excess.

Even in that case though I think that for me it will just make the game more fun. So far in what will soon be a year of playing the "economy" in game has just been discouraging - sort of how the real world economy is .

I would ask the community of players who currently dominate this economy - is it the accumulation of "wealth" (a certain amount of gold/creds/gear) that gives you the sense of achievement or is it the exclusivity - "I've got the best stuff and you can't have it." Either one is fair and the games are not about being "moral" - I won't judge, I just wonder how many of you, if any, consciously enjoy being the "haves" among a majority of "have nots".
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

@n00b13st

Ah, very good points. I actually agree with most of them. Here's a bit of food for thought:

Another big aspect to consider is how good the Plat gear is. In PL, unless you're a twink, forget about it! In SL, Plat gear is as good as non-Plat gear, so the economy is less central in SL. However, the economy is also more balanced in SL with adequate gold sinks and balanced drops. I don't want this luck elixir to upset the balance any further than it has.

--

Also: I would really like some Dev feedback. I doubt it's possible they haven't seen this thread, nor any other player comments regarding the Luck elixir. Has anyone seen them make any statements about the Luck elixir?

I've tried to state my opinions respectfully and logically, and I think this issue is too significant to pass over without discussion.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    @n00b13st

Ah, very good points. I actually agree with most of them. Here's a bit of food for thought:

Another big aspect to consider is how good the Plat gear is. In PL, unless you're a twink, forget about it! In SL, Plat gear is as good as non-Plat gear, so the economy is less central in SL. However, the economy is also more balanced in SL with adequate gold sinks and balanced drops. I don't want this luck elixir to upset the balance any further than it has.

--

Also: I would really like some Dev feedback. I doubt it's possible they haven't seen this thread, nor any other player comments regarding the Luck elixir. Has anyone seen them make any statements about the Luck elixir?

I've tried to state my opinions respectfully and logically, and I think this issue is too significant to pass over without discussion.

I've really appreciated the manner in which you've discussed this. Also I've spent a lot less time playing SL than PL so I don't have nearly as much experience with drops and plat gear (aside from starter gear) in SL. I'll keep my eyes open after I get to 66 and go back to playing SL.
    Last edited by n00b13st; 11-23-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm its not about haves and have nots, Ive seen many many people in the game just leveling, making friends and partying up without worrying too much about the gear or making credits, think of it as an additional aspect of the game that some are pursuing, like leader boards... the fun of this pursuit is lost of elixers come in and disturb the picture ... thankfully what I feared didnt happen, havent seen anyone going overboard with the luck elix yet, most seem to be happy with the drops they get and stop there... not even worried about the pink guns dropping or the boss loot getting cheaper, what I am worried about is how discouraging all of this is those who cannot or choose not to get the elix, because of how imbalanced the elix can get if someone chooses to abuse it, right now the deal of the day lists 35000 credits for 100 plat... this makes no sense at all when you can easily earn 500000 credits and upwards with the same hundred plat put in miners elix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Slant you have yet to explain your support for this currency comparison. How does one earn 3000-8000 credits in 20 seconds with the miners luck enhancer? Have you done this? Or is it just your assumption you get a legendary item every time you use the enhancer?
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    Slant you have yet to explain your support for this currency comparison. How does one earn 3000-8000 credits in 20 seconds with the miners luck enhancer? Have you done this? Or is it just your assumption you get a legendary item every time you use the enhancer?
    Believe he means, that you mostly get oranges from the lower levels, with a luck enhancer this would change all of the to greens which sell for quite high because they 'were/are'' rare, maybe totally diff case now tho. All mine were kept for PvP Lvl 5-30 not sure its worth it now tho, might aswel make some room in my stash :/ (Havent checked the prices but you can sell Numa greens for 3-5k maybe more however some 30-35 epic sells in the region of 50-100 cred now.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-23-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

no it is not an assumption, I stopped leveling to do this, at least half the work is done, just selling my wares for now lol... and I didn't like the time I was spending in the game and what I was doing... its simple enough, use one alt to clear the map and another alt to get the drop
    Last edited by Slant; 11-23-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Here is the problem that the luck enhancers are causing for me right now.

The luck enhancers DISCOURAGE "non plat" farmers! I have absoultly no drive to farm any campaigns right now because it just feels rather pointless to know that a person who pays real money can get items worth X amounts of credits so easily. Pleeeaaassseeee STS remove these enhancers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Silentarrow For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I understand the thinking behind the system now - charge hardcore farmers while allowing everyone to casually enjoy the content. It makes sense in theory, but I think the issue is that it leaves no way for players who are not rich in real life to become rich and powerful in game, which is what many play an MMO for. The assumption is that low-spending players will be happy to just have some fun and get a few neat items for themselves. This leaves out those who can't spend a lot but are hardcore players and want to feel successful in game.
    I think this post belongs on this thread...

Luck Enhancers have officially kille my drive to farm .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hey look, people are resurrecting my thread! Cool beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Luck Enhancers have officially kille my drive to farm .
    Good news my friend! STS has solved that problem in Voleria. How, you may ask? There is no drive to farm for anybody!
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

it does not work in the xmas event at all~!

tried 3 runs with no re-roll item~!