Thread: Spirit Weapon Proc Damage (Honest Smurf Feedback)

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Post Spirit Weapon Proc Damage (Honest Smurf Feedback)

I love the concept of spirit gear, the stats are good and the proc sounds really tempting.
    So I started my grind, got murks, then bought the weapon and then spent plats on spirit attunement elixirs and was able to level it to close to level 40.
    I understand that the proc is suppose to get stronger every level but I do not see this happening. I thought its a bug: may be the proc damage is not getting up to the level of the weapon, so I checked with a rogue whose weapon level was 46, and our weapon procs almost did same amount of damage (which is basically nil).

I am really disappointed at this stage; I have a Spirit weapon which is suppose to represent level 71 mythic at max level, which I would like to use because I want upgraded stats. But then even with the upgraded stats I am under-powered in PVE compared to any other mage that uses old weapons.

I compared the Spirit weapon proc to every old weapon, in hopes that it will supersede at least 1 of them. I tested it against the below weapons:
    • Flame Forged Staff (Level 51 Mythic):
      Wildfire proc stacks automatically multiple times and adds extra damage every stack. Even if the stats are low the mobs get killed pretty quickly.
    • Immortal Staff (Level 56 Arcane):
      Immo has damage stack+banishment, there is no comparison for this proc.
    • Balance Staff (Level 60 Mythic):
      I do not understand the mechanism of how Balance staff's Dark Attunement proc works as its not mentioned or discussed anywhere, but the damage is really OP. I expect the spirit staff proc to do same kind of damage, but at present its not even close to half of it.
    • Dragon Hunter Staff (Level 46 Arcane):
      The %health depletion proc is doing a pretty great job even after the nerf. I would say DS and Balance staff are on the same level when it comes to dealing damage to boss, though I would prefer Balance staff for raids now because it has no cap.

So here are my current options as a level 71 mage.
    1. Use a level 60 weapon for Boss, which is 11 levels lower than my current.
    2. Use a level 56 weapon for Mobs, which is 15 levels lower than my current.
    3. Change my class to enjoy the new end game gear and OP stats.

I refuse to select any of the above. Please understand that we want to use the best in slot gear the game has to offer. I am very much ready to spend the time and money to achieve it, and I was hopeful that things will change this expansion. But turns out as a mage I dont have a choice but to use old weapons .

What I expect:
    I expect the Spirit weapon procs to do the same amount of damage the previous generation Mythics use to do for their level of content. Basically I am asking Spirit weapons to do same damage for level 71 content that Balance staff use to do for level 60 content.

*I do not ask for nerf for old, I only ask the new to be better. I would appreciate if you show consideration on this plea. Thank you.*
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 07-19-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I love the concept of spirit gear, the stats are good and the proc sounds really tempting.
    So I started my grind, got murks, then bought the weapon and then spent plats on spirit attunement elixirs and was able to level it to close to level 40.
    I understand that the proc is suppose to get stronger every level but I do not see this happening. I thought its a bug: may be the proc damage is not getting up to the level of the weapon, so I checked with a rogue whose weapon level was 46, and our weapon procs almost did same amount of damage (which is basically nil).

I am really disappointed at this stage; I have a Spirit weapon which is suppose to represent level 71 mythic at max level, which I would like to use because I want upgraded stats. But then even with the upgraded stats I am under-powered in PVE compared to any other mage that uses old weapons.

I compared the Spirit weapon proc to every old weapon, in hopes that it will supersede at least 1 of them. I tested it against the below weapons:
    • Flame Forged Staff (Level 51 Mythic):
      Wildfire proc stacks automatically multiple times and adds extra damage every stack. Even if the stats are low the mobs get killed pretty quickly.
    • Immortal Staff (Level 56 Arcane):
      Immo has damage stack+banishment, there is no comparison for this proc.
    • Balance Staff (Level 60 Mythic):
      I do not understand the mechanism of how Balance staff's Dark Attunement proc works as its not mentioned or discussed anywhere, but the damage is really OP. I expect the spirit staff proc to do same kind of damage, but at present its not even close to half of it.
    • Dragon Hunter Staff (Level 46 Arcane):
      The %health depletion proc is doing a pretty great job even after the nerf. I would say DS and Balance staff are on the same level when it comes to dealing damage to boss, though I would prefer Balance staff for raids now because it has no cap.

So here are my current options as a level 71 mage.
    1. Use a level 60 weapon for Boss, which is 11 levels lower than my current.
    2. Use a level 56 weapon for Mobs, which is 15 levels lower than my current.
    3. Change my class to enjoy the new end game gear and OP stats.

I refuse to select any of the above. Please understand that we want to use the best in slot gear the game has to offer. I am very much ready to spend the time and money to achieve it, and I was hopeful that things will change this expansion. But turns out as a mage I dont have a choice but to use old weapons .

What I expect:
    I expect the Spirit weapon procs to do the same amount of damage the previous generation Mythics use to do for their level of content. Basically I am asking Spirit weapons to do same damage for level 71 content that Balance staff use to do for level 60 content.

*I do not ask for nerf for old, I only ask the new to be better. I would appreciate if you show consideration on this plea. Thank you.*
    2 things to clarify:

+ Flame staff doesn't stack with other Flame staff procs. It was changed when they made some optimizations to the Flame Staff for it to produce less lag with the solution of reducing the rate of burn ticks, and be replaced with a slower burn tick speed, but such that each burn tick will deal more damage.

Previously they do stack with multiple Flame Staffs, but now only 1 Wildfire will be allowed to stack, if another procs, then the other will stop. Hence the reason why we can't kill Unearthed Bael for like 10seconds anymore in Maus when compared before the changes.

+ How does the Balanced Staff Dark Attunement proc work? Well, if you read it again, it says it curses multiple enemies, hence also the reason why you can see curse effects whoever is affected by the proc.

Why is it so powerful? Well my only theory is that, if curse reflects the damage back to the enemy, then both the Hydra and Orrick deal massive damage for it to deal that much damage to itself. Also reason why it isn't so effective against other bosses is because their damage may not be as strong for it to be a faster alternative.

If so, then why our Curse skill and Tyranica AA do absolutely nothing to them? Well, another theory is that the Balance Staff might be reflecting 100%+ of the enemies/bosses damage, while our Curse skill, and Tyranica AA will only reflect a miniscule % of the enemies/boss damage, thus boss/enemy not being affected as such.

Hope this answers some of your questions. Ty

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I dont think I asked any questions in my post, its just a feedback thread on spirit weapon and its comparison to previous generation mythic and arcane. But anyway I appreciate your participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    + Flame staff doesn't stack with other Flame staff procs....
    I am only talking about 1 FlameStaff used by 1 mage in the party. Wildfire use to stack infinite, the "change" is that now it stacks only 3x with increased damage on 2nd and 3rd stack. So, Irrespective of the number of FlameStaff users in the party (1 to 4), there will only be 3stacks per mob but they can spread the it to other mobs.

Anyway, my point is that Wildfire proc from a FlameStaff deals higher damage than Spirit weapon proc on mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    + How does the Balanced Staff Dark Attunement proc work?....
    Well there are many theories, the closest theory in my opinion is that balance staff works like the Graveyard/Mauso's Mage curse. Though there is no conclusive data or words from devs confirming anything. Anyway, your question is valid: why doesn't our skill work the same? Well we did try to understand it by doing some tests, so lets keep the discussions related to that here: Balanced Staff for Bosses.

Again, the main point in the original post is that a Level 60 Mythic proc came out to be better than Level 71 Mythic proc in my tests. That is all to it.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Is the healing proc op though? Might be a good pvp wep only

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The thing I don’t like about the pull is how long it actually takes.. you know terror blade is instant and soon as it procs it pulls. With the spirit weapon, you proc, see the little green circle start to expand ..... expand more ..... roots start spreading out .... feewwww mooorreeee seconds........ heeerrreeee comes the pullll.... OH all the mobs are dead now .. ahaha that’s how it is for me most the time unless in mausoleum