Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL twist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Lightbulb PL twist

Why not create a story about a time warp or some black hole thingy that will make us battle PL mobs in SL. Make that a new cap and create an episode around it, you have everything, the maps, the mobs and possibly PL sci-fi weapons added, plus some of the ideas already suggested here on the forums. Little effort, good benefits I would say.

Also implementing a cap raise like you did with PL would be nice too as a lot of the players are waiting for it to happen, literally. Once you are done with transferring and creating the maps/mobs. Create a mega-maze (for the love of all that's holy) and add bosses there with super-rare loot etc, etc. You know how it goes already, you've done it before countless times. But SL probably needs a good looking vanity (PL has a lot of those, *hint* *hint*), making it super rare (talking squid, x-ray etc. numbers) would help out a lot and also increase the activity in general. As people will be trying to get them, their bonus of course being good looking thus kinda tempting the player to go on forward farming them. Not saying the golden bots/masks were not okay, on the contrary, they were great. But the fact that you could get them relatively easily meant that it was first of all not fun to farm for it, then 2nd not exclusive.

As someone already suggested there are a lot of NPCs with cool gear on Blackstar that is being unused, as well as on some of the other levels of the whole SL chronicles. Would be nice to see something similar being implemented.

I would encourage you all to criticize what I have written here in order to give the devs some insight on to what we want and what we don't want. Also feel free to give out your suggestions too. New content is new content, I honestly don't care if it's AL, PL, SL, DL and etc. If your question is, why not just go and play those games?
    Then I would say that I have played them and have seen what they lack and what they do have an abundance of and where they are good at. And out of all those games I like SL the most. So me trying to help by giving some ideas for the game I love, that is being mistreated for all these years is something that I felt I needed to do.
    Maybe this has been suggested already, idk, but at least, try. We will be here supporting SL no matter what, but what hurts us the most is seeing it being neglected. Of course PL has a bigger player base and all, but SL has a relatively large one too? Does it not? All we can do is hope that things get better and hope they listen to us. As for you, the devs, ty for keeping it alive for all these years. We appreciate the little things that you do, but we feel that we could help you out somehow, we will give you feedback, just listen to us and do what you think needs to be done.
    Thank you for your time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

The plot twist is the samrtest idea ive ever read, "BLACKHOLE" interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

good idea, check out my list of ideas in the Suggestions and Ideas thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Since there is an update next week, it would be nice that a little bit of what we suggested on some of the posts of this forum, to be implemented.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Yep this thread is dead, well, I tried...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I'm sure they read it... You actually succeed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Escanor For This Useful Post:

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Cool idea! Some major cross-over stuff has happened in the other games. Seems reasonable to do the same thing for SL. Could be the entire basis for a campaign.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Cool idea! Some major cross-over stuff has happened in the other games. Seems reasonable to do the same thing for SL. Could be the entire basis for a campaign.
    And could you please check my Boltslash and XAR-75 (*Shark) recent posts? I would be very excited.

I don't mind if you nerf them. I also have an Operative weapon and a shoulder vanity that I want to show you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

You the man Cinco!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Love the ideas, and it’s nice to see things are happening in the game either way. I also think that no matter how much you do, there will always be someone complaining. Like the people that constantly log into the game and make the negative comments were all familiar with. Anyhow great thread, keep up the good work! Shout out to Cinco for doing the best he can with limited assistance. I do enjoy the game, even the complainers do or they wouldn’t be loggin in every day! And btw “No U”

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Qil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qil View Post
    Love the ideas, and it’s nice to see things are happening in the game either way. I also think that no matter how much you do, there will always be someone complaining. Like the people that constantly log into the game and make the negative comments were all familiar with. Anyhow great thread, keep up the good work! Shout out to Cinco for doing the best he can with limited assistance. I do enjoy the game, even the complainers do or they wouldn’t be loggin in every day! And btw “No U”
    A wise man once said: "No u."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is the most well developed so far lol
    Dazzled [lvl 55 op], Dozy [lvl 51 op], Qte [lvl 51 op], Cosine [lvl 51 op], Dispel [lvl 51 eng]

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

We've got our sights set on a particular set of environments from another STS game that would make for a really fun Star Legends expansion.
    It's going to take some time to get things set-up and then I need to spend the time to make a quality expansion (unlike the 55 cap).

One of the things that really slows me down with Star Legends is the number of equipment pieces that comprise any given set. Star Legends has the most armor component pieces of any STS game - so the slowest part of this (and likely the most disappointing aspect of the final product) will be the number and quality of vanity item pieces. It'll still be fun to shoot up a brand new environment tho :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

We've got our sights set on a particular set of environments from another STS game that would make for a really fun Star Legends expansion.
    It's going to take some time to get things set-up and then I need to spend the time to make a quality expansion (unlike the 55 cap).

One of the things that really slows me down with Star Legends is the number of equipment pieces that comprise any given set. Star Legends has the most armor component pieces of any STS game - so the slowest part of this (and likely the most disappointing aspect of the final product) will be the number and quality of vanity item pieces. It'll still be fun to shoot up a brand new environment tho :-)
    When can we expect to see the new napalms out? i know im out of topic but this is what people are waiting for and can't stop asking me, they think i am connected with STS because i colored them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Thank you for doing your best, we more than appreciate the work that you do (and the dev team of course) and are happy to help. Anireuca has done amazing work with recoloring some vans/weapons, and if he or anyone else can help with some suggestions or anything on that matter, do let us know. As we really want SL to prosper and we know that you want the same thing to happen too. So again, ty for the time that you put into SL.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thank you cinco and dev team for all the hard work you do, cant wait to see the new cap

Also Anireuca im betting the elite napalms will be be released alongside the new cap and judging by what cinco said, itll probably take a long while

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Will we be able to see sneak peaks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Hopefully they will give us some sneak peaks.