Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-07-20 Content Update (256814)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Another AL feature for PL. I wonder if we will see more AL loyalists start playing PL as well, as this game slowly becomes more familiar to them.

These gold enchantments will make all sorts of maps a little more fun in terms of payout, especially the gold farming award maps. But those who pvp will now want to have an amulet with pvp stats and an amulet with pve/gold stats. As far as the odds of rolling what you specifically want when enchanting amulets, they just got lower, as 20 new possibilities were just added to the table. As for putting an end to automation, they know how to do it.

If the goal is to have as many players as possible reach gold tier or any tier for that matter, in order to make this pvp event have a high participation rate and reach its maximum level of success, the time spent/total score required should be extremely low, perhaps around the same as the last pvp event - or even lower, as that was a guild event, while this is an individual event. Otherwise the event won't be inclusive, as the majority are strictly pve, while the minority pvp or do both. Basically if this isn't done just right, most of PL won't attain even the bronze tier. If people are going to be forced to do something out of their interests or comfort zone, try to ease them in and don't require too much so that they'll be inclined to try and to attain scores that qualify for one of the three tiers. And I'm assuming that this will be a tier based event, if not, inclusiveness is out the window.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Another AL feature for PL. I wonder if we will see more AL loyalists start playing PL as well, as this game slowly becomes more familiar to them.

These gold enchantments will make all sorts of maps a little more fun in terms of payout, especially the gold farming award maps. But those who pvp will now want to have an amulet with pvp stats and an amulet with pve/gold stats. As far as the odds of rolling what you specifically want when enchanting amulets, they just got lower, as 20 new possibilities were just added to the table. As for putting an end to automation, they know how to do it.

If the goal is to have as many players as possible reach gold tier or any tier for that matter, in order to make this pvp event have a high participation rate and reach its maximum level of success, the time spent/total score required should be extremely low, perhaps around the same as the last pvp event - or even lower, as that was a guild event, while this is an individual event. Otherwise the event won't be inclusive, as the majority are strictly pve, while the minority pvp or do both. Basically if this isn't done just right, most of PL won't attain even the bronze tier. If people are going to be forced to do something out of their interests or comfort zone, try to ease them in and don't require too much so that they'll be inclined to try and to attain scores that qualify for one of the three tiers. And I'm assuming that this will be a tier based event, if not, inclusiveness is out the window.
    I totally agree lowest tier just to be able to gain access to vendor should be really easy. Some people like my self just suck I had no chance at all at last pvp. I had to throw in the towel after being a punching bag for 6hrs no event reward for me at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Will the vanity set give a gold bonus aswell?

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    No (not a bad idea... but currently 'Vanity' items do not support Enchantments).

It's just a brand new cool-looking vanity. A brand new winged helmet. New golden armor with a unique texture. New golden wings (also with a new texture)... and a 3X Speed Boost in towne.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    No (not a bad idea... but currently 'Vanity' items do not support Enchantments).

It's just a brand new cool-looking vanity. A brand new winged helmet. New golden armor with a unique texture. New golden wings (also with a new texture)... and a 3X Speed Boost in towne.
    It's beautiful! Very cool. Nice work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So how would this be fair for non-pvp players? Would there be any sort of way to stop the potential "guild teamings" in the arena? Perhaps a 1 on 1 map would solve the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuwhee View Post
    So how would this be fair for non-pvp players? Would there be any sort of way to stop the potential "guild teamings" in the arena? Perhaps a 1 on 1 map would solve the problem.
    Its all random, everyone for themselves. Teaming is bound to happen regardless unless there was a 1v1 map. Which in all honesty, shouldnt be allowed. Allow it to be random matches with portals in town and let everyone have a go at eachother.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

With it being an individual event, you can get together with your pve friends/guildies and run into the portal together and give PvP a try vs each other
    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Doesn’t solve the problem if your not good or have a weak character class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Have the game fill the campaign team randomly to minimize guild teaming. Penalty time should be increased to 10-15mins for players that avoid deaths and utilizing alt char.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

If vanities were to support Enchantments in the future, I think they should be limited to stats that only affect PVE such as bonus gold loot (perhaps dmg/armor amplifier, speed boost, reroll %, healing bonus, potion buff, etc. as well). Stats that would only be applicable to PVE. It would be a neat new concept for enchantments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    If vanities were to support Enchantments in the future, I think they should be limited to stats that only affect PVE such as bonus gold loot (perhaps dmg/armor amplifier, speed boost, reroll %, healing bonus, potion buff, etc. as well). Stats that would only be applicable to PVE. It would be a neat new concept for enchantments.
    I agree 100% effect only pve and if usable in pvp there needs to be some cheap version usable in tournaments are pvp events just to keep things equally and not discourage new players that recently joined our community( because better gear gives the upper hand like founder vanity.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Oooo a 3x speed bonus? Can we get a 3x speed bonus for the tradable version in pve maps? That would be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Oooo a 3x speed bonus? Can we get a 3x speed bonus for the tradable version in pve maps? That would be awesome.
    That'd be even nicer! 3x speed in towns and pve. More incentive to reach a tier, even more desirable to buy a set? But should be for both the gold and plat versions IMHO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Is there a way to do this event for twinks, or is it only 100+ again? My boy litewhight is ready for more events
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I was just thinking it might give like a 30% bonus to gold since the set is pure gold. I think it would be a cool idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I was just thinking it might give like a 30% bonus to gold since the set is pure gold. I think it would be a cool idea
    It's certainly doable as a % increase in gold is not an enchantment any more than a % chance reroll. And would make the set even more desirable. (incidentally, I suggested a % chance increase in gold buff for the Saint Patrick's lucky shields, maybe next year).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    It's certainly doable as a % increase in gold is not an enchantment any more than a % chance reroll. And would make the set even more desirable. (incidentally, I suggested a % chance increase in gold buff for the Saint Patrick's lucky shields, maybe next year).
    Or maybe I new future that allows us a chance to drop a super elite legendary item. ( which doesn’t exist yet) kinda like the st Patrick beer shield and the pocket legend birthday cake set allow us to spawn a boss or portal we’re we have chance or new boss item drop or huge xp or even mega gold rush... what ever that is??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

That would be cool see see vainity sets give luck and speed and stuff so we don’t all have to wear the same best luck items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've actually already said there should be a thing like that idk if Cinco has seen it Drea said he would make sure that Cinco would see it for me because I could not find a way to tag him in it but a lot of people seem to really like my idea it would be nice if Cinco could tell me if he saw it already it was a whole idea on a St Patrick's day event and vanities and a elixir that would be 40 or 50 plat give a 100%reroll and double your farmed gold and only be available for a week or 2 thank you for reading this

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk