Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-07-20 Content Update (256814)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I'm sure a preview of the next event will be posted soon. It's only Monday around lunch time in STS time anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheonatav View Post
    Pocket Legends: Battle Royale, soon enough as a guild event
    Lol might make the game interesting if there was a large map with player limit joining on the same map with lots of obstacle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Cinco as i look more into the entire foundation of this event there is 1 phrase that sticks out the most to certain players "Individual PvP Event". This is a problem for a certain group of players who use a class thats completely nerfed to the point where the only class that it COULD KILL is now destroying it in base stats alone. This said class is rhino.

After the recent 105 Nerf following the PvP tournement we see rhino as a class go down hill in not just 105 but twink. Rhinos has become more dependent on it's gear than it's base stats and skill dmg alone. In L.30, a zone which can be OP for anyone who puts the effort of buying OP gear for their toons, we see every class can dominate the board, or so we thought when even with 60 DMG amulet, Longsword for maximum damage, and 6 into all damage dealing and damage buffing skills, rhinos still fail to kill even the basic of classes like birds and bears.

Now If we go back to 105 we'll see that rhinos are still a very dominate class when using dex set but becomes the most USELESS AND PATHETIC class in Honor when 2 expert rhino users Goaheadandtry/Hook could not even kill a single mage(they eventually lose). Not only do they fail at killing mages they can not even hurt bears, nor survival a couple seconds vs foxes, and vs birds it's more on having a minute long battle as the rhino is trying to not get easily nuked by the damage being done by bird WHILE at the same time is slowly draining the birds health over time. This is a major problem for players who only main rhino as i haven't capped another character outside of rhino since 80.

I believe it's time to redo the recent and past nerf on rhino, the 15 reduction in Redemption and the nerf that happened during 100 cap while at the same time fixing and balancing the gears in 105. If this can not be achieved then a mere buff of dmg on Rhinos honor set might work as well.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-24-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Cinco as i look more into the entire foundation of this event there is 1 phrase that sticks out the most to certain players "Individual PvP Event". This is a problem for a certain group of players who use a class thats completely nerfed to the point where the only class that it COULD KILL is now destroying it in base stats alone. This said class is rhino.

After the recent 105 Nerf following the PvP tournement we see rhino as a class go down hill in not just 105 but twink. ......
    I stopped reading there at the line "we see rhino as a class go down hill in not just 105" That's way far from the reality.

As for "players" there's literally one rhino pvp and latter some "switched" to it after seeing the strength of it. Ya we can get over it, a class that only causes problem in game since 100 for one single rhino out there again some classes are meant to tank and help team rather than getting decent amount of kills even in the honor arena, Last time I noticed it in arena seems to fulfill that, take example of bear , tanks but not meant to tank+high kills (though bears are OP for a reason in honor)
    Last edited by Waug; 07-25-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    + And get ready for next week's Individual PvP Leaderboard Event!
    Bears got iron blood buffed to counter bear's weakness in 105 elite pvp, but that makes them over-strong in Honor pvp xD. Hopefully it get addressed before this week's event.
    - Temporary reversal of iron blood skill stats?
    - Or just removal of all armor from Warrior armor plate. (not that effective, but still something)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Bears got iron blood buffed to counter bear's weakness in 105 elite pvp, but that makes them over-strong in Honor pvp xD. Hopefully it get addressed before this week's event.
    - Temporary reversal of iron blood skill stats?
    - Or just removal of all armor from Warrior armor plate. (not that effective, but still something)
    I don't have much trouble with bears, or any other class in particular, with any classes in particular, except rhino. Rhino is weak in honor arena for sure. But everything else seems pretty good.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I stopped reading there at the line "we see rhino as a class go down hill in not just 105" That's way far from the reality.

As for "players" there's literally one rhino pvp and latter some "switched" to it after seeing the strength of it. Ya we can get over it, a class that only causes problem in game since 100 for one single rhino out there again some classes are meant to tank and help team rather than getting decent amount of kills even in the honor arena, Last time I noticed it in arena seems to fulfill that, take example of bear , tanks but not meant to tank+high kills (though bears are OP for a reason in honor)
    What you fail to realise before you even posted is that, unlike bears, rhinos CAN NOT kill in honor. It would have been better to have read the entire post before you made assumptions.

The only reason rhino was doing so well in 100 was because of the set difference between bears STR set and Rhinos STR Set, a whopping 150+damage difference. Yet rhino was supposedly nerf during this. Then we come to 105 and we still throw around this excuse card that rhinos are again OP. Yet you never take the time to point fingers at the set itself?

If rhinos were OP I'm sure they'd be able to get at least 1 kill in honor but since this is 3v3 I'll doubt that happening.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-25-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think that the PVP event should allow 100-105 to use the Arena of Honor (AoH) since lower levels would have an advantage to getting more kills/death within a shorter period of time due to less time-consuming variables (such as dodge, armor, procs (to stay alive)) per a single battle.

Three portals - one AOH in Myx Maze (Abandoned Camp) for 100-105s, & two portals in Oktal and Forest Haven for a custom Forest Fight & CTF game to score points (different than regular Forest Fight & CTF).

Portals solve the problem of boosting & a custom Forest Fight & CTF allows for variety while making it separate than regular PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    What you fail to realise before you even posted is that, unlike bears, rhinos CAN NOT kill in honor. It would have been better to have read the entire post before you made assumptions.

The only reason rhino was doing so well in 100 was because of the set difference between bears STR set and Rhinos STR Set, a whopping 150+damage difference. Yet rhino was supposedly nerf during this. Then we come to 105 and we still throw around this excuse card that rhinos are again OP. Yet you never take the time to point fingers at the set itself?

If rhinos were OP I'm sure they'd be able to get at least 1 kill in honor but since this is 3v3 I'll doubt that happening.
    If you give dagger in the hand of bird, it won't do much. If you give that dagger in the hand of rhino or fox, it can be devastating, but fox is squezzy, the main reason is that these classes have dash skill.

You actually need to realize, rhino has dash skill, which you'll never take as an skill advantage yet it is. With dagger staying close is THE MOST CRITICAL FACTOR. along with ur close range skills, on the other hand rhinoes can be non-vulnerable to any incoming damage due to it's high short term buff heal & drain, perfect combination.

Now let me ask you, dagger OP or rhino?

I took dagger as an example, talon rhino is more deadly against a squezzy class in short term fight.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-25-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuwhee View Post
    So how would this be fair for non-pvp players? Would there be any sort of way to stop the potential "guild teamings" in the arena? Perhaps a 1 on 1 map would solve the problem.
    Have the game fill the campaign team randomly to minimize guild teaming. Penalty time should be increased to 10-15mins for players that avoid deaths and utilizing alt char.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

If you give dagger in the hand of bird, it won't do much. If you give that dagger in the hand of rhino or fox, it can be devastating, but fox is squezzy, the main reason is that these classes have dash skill.

You actually need to realize, rhino has dash skill, which you'll never take as an skill advantage yet it is. With dagger staying close is THE MOST CRITICAL FACTOR. along with ur close range skills, on the other hand rhinoes can be non-vulnerable to any incoming damage due to it's high short term buff heal & drain, perfect combination.

Now let me ask you, dagger OP or rhino?

I took dagger as an example, talon rhino is more deadly against a squezzy class in short term fight.
    A dagger rhino is OP but before I go into details id like the clear up the "drain" skill you're talking about. It's called redemption. Unlike the actual drain skill mages have it rarely if not ever works. It's been like this since the class first came out and I've been complaining about it every since.

Yeah birds aren't as destructive but it's still there. It Does not matter the class anything can be good with dex set. Tell me, do you think STR rhino stomps dagger mage? By you and everyone else's logic rhino is this unbeatable tank who does unbelievable amount of dmg. So why aren't there str rhinos doing the same as dex? I'll Tell you why. Rhinos aren't good PERIOD. Talon rhinos can not kill int mages nor dex mages. I've tried this myself. It's time we stop blaming class and start blaming gear. Fight me in honor then come back and tell everyone that rhino is OP. After all HONOR IS BASED ON SKILL STATS ALONE.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-25-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks so much! This looks like a very nice vanity set and thank you for the hard work. I love that you guys are being very creative. We love it!