Thread: Raid Invite Command

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default Raid Invite Command

I have been running The Hydra's Bog Map since I reached level 71 just a few days ago. I am sure I am not the only one to say that is deeply frustrating when there are people who stay near the entrance and just run to boss if it's already about to die as said on another post seen below.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho....php?p=2847102

I know the raid map was intended to be a have fun and play with friends or even meet people kind of map. But it's not fun to have to choose between stopping runs or just let the "leeches" be. Either way we choose, we kind of lose. We could stop running and lose the chance to earn the loots and gold. We could let them be and keep on farming "for them" which I believe almost everyone could agree that is quite unfair. We could create a party but it will take more time to get eight people in through party invites and kicks.

So to get the closed map as Nott suggested, I hope the developers introduce a /raidinvite or /raidpartyinvite command. It would solve the problem of closing a map for a single party. This way we would not have to invite a person to a party and kick him off when he is inside the raid map so the others could be invited and come in too.

Oh and please fix the bug where we are being thrown to a town map when we enter Hydra's Bog map.

I apologize for putting it up here... But come on, rarely anyone reads the suggestions threads and we REALLY NEED this option. -.-'

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lissil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

+1 Great Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i like the idea ;] but i think creating a global party system is a better way to address this, it not only benefit raids but all maps, a party system UI where all players can see a list of desired activities in different maps e.g ; raid/ap runs/maus farm which look something like this

[Party Leader][Min Lvl Req/Lvl Range][Map/s][Main Agenda Title w/ Collapsable Description][# of Players][Join]

once full it get removed from the List, party lead should be given the ability to view stats/gear in order know whether the player is fit for their run, party lead/party also have the ability to kick or vote for kick a player and he gets ported back to the last town he entered, parties listed in the global party system can be free to join[open type], or have confirmations/requests[closed type]-you can turn closed type pt to open type pt anytime and V.V.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobDehBuilder View Post
    i like the idea ;] but i think creating a global party system is a better way to address this, it not only benefit raids but all maps, a party system UI where all players can see a list of desired activities in different maps e.g ; raid/ap runs/maus farm which look something like this

[Party Leader][Min Lvl Req/Lvl Range][Map/s][Main Agenda Title w/ Collapsable Description][# of Players][Join]

once full it get removed from the List, party lead should be given the ability to view stats/gear in order know whether the player is fit for their run, party lead/party also have the ability to kick or vote for kick a player and he gets ported back to the last town he entered, parties listed in the global party system can be free to join[open type], or have confirmations/requests[closed type]-you can turn closed type pt to open type pt anytime and V.V.
    Too bad we can’t just invite the 8 players of our choice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to C.U. For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

-1 to all this stuff except hydra bug fix. Pickup groups became worthy and casual players can enjoy endgame content when they want without waiting for party.

Something should be done about leechers instead, like player must spend X time around the boss alive/deal X damage or tank X damage to get loot on boss kill.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    -1 to all this stuff except hydra bug fix. Pickup groups became worthy and casual players can enjoy endgame content when they want without waiting for party.

Something should be done about leechers instead, like player must spend X time around the boss alive/deal X damage or tank X damage to get loot on boss kill.
    Yes definitely agree brilliant idea +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post

As for PUGs, it would probably affect them in terms of how many people run in random maps. I agree it would be a waiting game as people would rather go in parties than randomly. However, though it is easier to fill a map because of all the random people running it, for some of us, we would rather wait if it means we would get efficient runs with actual teamwork.

As for the time and damage requirement that could be done for sure, but I believe implementing an amount of time/damage on boss would be very complicated compared with fixing the party capacity. For instance, take the leaderboard timed runs, they did it so fast that their time should be the minimum time required. Even at ten seconds on boss, leechers would still get the loot. If they impose a longer time requirement, that means those leaderboard runners should just run it for bragging rights and forget the loot. Furthermore, time on boss will probably be skewed in favor of tanks. Damage on boss will be skewed in favor of mages and rogues. Implementing a raid party invite would probably be easier than changing the mechanics of who gets a chance for loots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

ye im agree too no one cant keep play infest map some like hydra and that is thrash of lissil reason posted on top pls listen us ty STS