Thread: New luck enhancers broken?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default New luck enhancers broken?

Okay... I'm a bit upset now... I was actually excited to use the new luck enhancer based on the blog post in the hopes of obtaining a pistol to go with my shield.

Despite the suggestions that the pistols drop as vanity loot, I figured I would try it out since the enhancers were originally promoted as a means to improve your chance at getting these rare pistols.

Well I just downed Mysterious Figure, and unlike every other kill in the same run, I didn't get a message about rolling for new loot.

Let me be clear... I understand the different messages saying feeling lucky and you ARE lucky...

No message at all, and a purple dropped (plasmatech arms)... This leads me to believe something is wrong... I've seen the feeling lucky but failed message plenty of times in the hours I've spent with luck elixirs.

Can a dev please look into this? If a purple item drops from MF with luck elixir and the roll suggests that a pink should drop, does it fail to even acknowledge the luck elixir instead of giving out the pink?

Surely a few minutes of dev char two hit killing him with elixir can provide enough samples to test this glitch... Please look into this one, as my new excitement about the change crashed and burned instantly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yup. I saw this happening. The 100% luck enhancer did not give better loot with the first roll purple. I thought that it would increase the chances of the new pinks too.
    Last edited by Cryozfear; 11-16-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: sorry did not see the newer thread on this topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

See this for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    For more detailed information about how the Luck Elixirs work, please see this blog post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Edit: Read it, as it says that that's what will mostly happen. Hope you get a pink!
    Last edited by javier995; 11-16-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Read it long before my post... Specifically farmed mysterious figure until I got a purple on first roll to test it.

It isn't bugged, it's just misleading... Pinks must be on a separate loot table, which means the elixirs are still useless if the only reason you are purchasing them is for pink pistols..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin:483229
    Read it long before my post... Specifically farmed mysterious figure until I got a purple on first roll to test it.

It isn't bugged, it's just misleading... Pinks must be on a separate loot table, which means the elixirs are still useless if the only reason you are purchasing them is for pink pistols..

Pinks are rare for a reason. They're not going to drop at high rates just bc of the enhancer. If that where so, so many people would have got pink pistols by now. The devs made sure that you do have a chance of getting it, but it's very very rare. New pinks are like Numa vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

It doesnt work in mt fang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

In Mt Fang i never rerolled at all

Sry about double post
    Fail >_<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Dont understand...

If the enhancer is 100% roll chance, and your first loot would have been a purp, wouldnt the second loot be a pink? This is bcause one of thr devs said it always rerolls a rarity level higher than the first loot.

L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Pinks are rare for a reason. They're not going to drop at high rates just bc of the enhancer. If that where so, so many people would have got pink pistols by now. The devs made sure that you do have a chance of getting it, but it's very very rare. New pinks are like Numa vanities.
    This thread is about whether the elixir is actually working or not. I agree with the poster, ever since the last patch the lucky elixirs are not working (causing a re-roll) in mt. Fang. When using the 100% lucky elixir u should re-roll every time and get the better of the two rolls. Obviously this does not insure a pink, but I like my chances rolling twice over once anytime. I have not seen one re-roll in any Mt. Fang runs since the patch update. May have something to do with STS decreasing drop rates, but that shouldnt have stopped the elixir from firing, please look into this STS. Thx
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Either the description is wrong or there is a bug. No way around it. There are serveral reports of a purp drop pre-reroll in sy5 and no pink. That contradicts to what asommers said.

Quote Originally Posted by asommers
    When a luck enhancer triggers, and the mob is capable of dropping items of one rarity level rarer than the item which would have dropped, you get a random item of the rarer rarity instead.
    - "when a luck enhancer triggers"
    x the description says 100% CHECK
    - "mob is capable of dropping items of one rarity level rarer"
    x mr mysterio drops pink, I know, I got one. CHECK
    - reports say with enhancer a purp was received without a reroll message of anykind
    x contradiction with the above

Now, I understand that the pinks drop as a secondary drop from a different loot table, what not, and enhancers don't apply one-to-one. Then the forementioned quote is wrong and my bet would be that asommers was a little careless with the wording.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu:483264

This thread is about whether the elixir is actually working or not. I agree with the poster, ever since the last patch the lucky elixirs are not working (causing a re-roll) in mt. Fang. When using the 100% lucky elixir u should re-roll every time and get the better of the two rolls. Obviously this does not insure a pink, but I like my chances rolling twice over once anytime. I have not seen one re-roll in any Mt. Fang runs since the patch update. May have something to do with STS decreasing drop rates, but that shouldnt have stopped the elixir from firing, please look into this STS. Thx

I know what this thread is about. Look at my first post. I quoted a Dev that addressed this issue, so I did answer the thread. You should go to that link also, maybe it'll clear your doubts about it not working.

When I posted the about pinks, I was simply replying to his last comment on this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The elixir description is a little deceiving. I think people are under the impression that you get to re-roll for majority of the loot you acquire.

When you re-roll, you have a 100% chance of getting a better loot. HOWEVER, the proc chance of the elixir is very low. That is why you never any "feeling lucky" texts.

So yes, if you got a purple on the first roll on Mysterious Figure and the luck elixir triggers, I think it is safe to assume that it will give you a pink instead.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Clearly it says if a purple is dropped and the mob is capable of dropping pinks then the elixir should kick in rerolling a pink. That's exactly how it is worded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Its says u will have ur item increased 1 rarity 100% of ur drops