So I got back from a long break and was told that there is an event starting Friday. Some people said it was a pvp event and that if you get enough points, you unlock a map where u earn gold super fast. Is this an accurate description of the upcoming event? Also, do I have to be a certain level to participate in the event (I am only level 91)? If so, does this mean that I will be unable to run the gold map? I guess this question is irrelevant if I am too low level to participate, but how much plat will it take to get to the highest tier or buy items worth a lot of gold?

Now on to my awakening questions.

I have a decent amount of plat and found that awakening amulets and using gold to reroll for stats can be profitable. However, I have only done this with L90 Derex amulets because my friend gave me some as a welcome back present haha. Are there other amulets that I should buy to awaken that will sell quickly? Also, should I only try to get a lot of gold loot on amulets or are other stats better to get (I intend to sell each amulet, not use it). Are there certain items besides amulets that I should buy and awaken, and if so, what are they? Should I try to buy 105 elites and get super good damage/armor enchants or is this not really profitable?

Thanks for any responses/advice and sorry for my profound lack of knowledge about the recent updates.