Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alternative weapon(s) for mages to use? And more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathhbringer View Post
    If there was a new and better weapon mages would have used them hope sts releases new arcane weapon's sooner before mages quit AL that includes me too

Sent from my a5dwg using Tapatalk
    Ya I don't think anyone wants mages to quit. Or until they release new Arcane Lvl 71 Buff the current Lvl 66 ones. There is a few Lvl 66 Arcane Weps that could use a Buff imo and from all 3 Classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    These raids are arena all over again but instead of tanks being left out of parties its gonna be mages this time.
    Tanks rouges none wer left out ..i would like to remind all the pt formation for mau maps or the raids wer not designed by mages ..every looked fir there own gains .for mau the war being a party leader never invited another war a rouge being a party leader never invited a rouge all.everyone wanted the pt according to there own gains n wen things got nerfed lol all cry mage had the power lol .evryone had there own share of greed .they wanted to save time .get greater rewards kill boss fast get faters aps n now all done n said mages r blamed for all lol was same for raids ppl running maps be a rouge r war as partyleaders demselfs didnt want there toon to be invited lol .none of the mages pm u to inv em over other toon ppl themslef to so stop complaning ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

N i still dont understand that staff bs or even ds wer in game for more den years n had nothing changed it was not broken .ppl still used it back den but with new caps we really need to keep nerfing old wepons? Every time or i guess sts comes out with new wepons that outperforms the old ones convincingly and not just go back n nerf old one to justify the new .i guess its not that hard to come up with wepons dat will outperform the old ones completely so no one goes back to old ones ..make wepons interlinked to each other that proc to boss damahe only wen all classes r der somewt like wen all three player auto spam wepon u get good proc or something dat will balance all three class or atlest let em play together without any preferences

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    Tanks rouges none wer left out ..i would like to remind all the pt formation for mau maps or the raids wer not designed by mages ..every looked fir there own gains .for mau the war being a party leader never invited another war a rouge being a party leader never invited a rouge all.everyone wanted the pt according to there own gains n wen things got nerfed lol all cry mage had the power lol .evryone had there own share of greed .they wanted to save time .get greater rewards kill boss fast get faters aps n now all done n said mages r blamed for all lol was same for raids ppl running maps be a rouge r war as partyleaders demselfs didnt want there toon to be invited lol .none of the mages pm u to inv em over other toon ppl themslef to so stop complaning ..
    When arena was the main place to farm at lvl 46 tanks were always left out because they were useless.. 4 rogue pts were way faster and easyer. I even made a rogue because I was sick of people telling me to leave map on tank xD

Now mages seem to be going in same direction with all the nerfs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Seems pretty pointless now, will now be closing the thread.

In my opinion, Percevals and Postnoobs ideas are the best gotten from this thread, both were a guranteed balance of classes in my opinion.

Ty to all those who tried to find an alternative!

My last words, hoping Devs would stop making procs, that after sometime they'd call it "it wasn't intended", suddenly nerfing.

Hoping that Devs could really test all weapons/gears/pets for all classes in their new expansions next time, this will give them the chance to test if a certain weapon/gear/pet might have the ability to outperform new weapons, or make intended hard maps too easy, thus nerfing them before releasing.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

@Thread:
    I read all the posts, but as an audience to the open discussion I dont see any answer to the OP.
    I dont understand why people have to always have off topic rants and debates. Anyway, some good ideas here but none useful.

@OP
    As per my tests there are no weapons at present that can be used on Str build. So sorcs its time you focus on your main stat.
    The overall damage (Proc+Skill) from both single target weapon (DS/BS) were better when used in full Int compared to full Str.
    But what interesting to see was that the skill damage from a level 41 Spirit Staff outperformed the overall damage from previous generation weapons.

So, I would recommend using [Spirit Staff (level 41+) + Mire set 3/3] on full Int build in raids, as they performed better than [DS/Balance staff + Mire set 3/3].

In conclusion:
    For Fester Raids: Spirit Staff + Mire 3/3.
    For Swamp/Deep Marsh Bosses: Dragon Hunter Staff
    For Old Content Bosses: Dragon Hunter Staff
    For Event Bosses: Dragon Hunter Staff or Spirit Staff (I am getting approximately same clear time on both staff in Ursoth event)
    For Mobs: Flame Forged Staff or Immortal Staff

Having said that, the Spirit Weapon proc damage does needs to be buffed. I would appreciate if devs can evaluate it, because its negligible (could be a bug).
    Also, understand that mage were able to compete with rogues in PVE damage because of their staff procs, so I dont blame players saying that mages are left broken and under-powered. As per my tests we are way low on the DPS charts now compared to warrior and rogues (yes even warriors)- even with proper full int level 71 weapon/gear. So if you are planing to keep the weapon proc as it is then its time you tune and buff the mage skills. Thank you.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The balanced staff has always been OP (on some bosses). In mausoleum the umbral mass, misshapen.. I haven’t seen it used since since the nerf but I am kind of sad to hear about it.. dragon staff isn’t really that good anymore. I understand not wanting an older weapon to outperform the new ones, but I mean I’ve seen the spirit gun at level 43 and the damage isn’t very good at all. From what I seen the balanced staff still out performs it lol. The pull is nice on harder maps like mausoleum, on easier maps the party usually has already killed all the mobs by the time the slow proc starts to pull (I think the pull should occur sooner like as soon as it procs) . Anyways I do think the mage should have a better way to contribute to boss killing. Maybe we will see this with the new arcane weapons? . I used to mainly play mage, mine has over 1m pve kills but I finally broke down and went to rogue because of things like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i still use balance staff for boss in maus it is still "ok" not as good but manageable... i find using DS is even slower maybe if there's a combo of 2 DS and fenris .....

Spirit weapon damage is not "op" i don't even find it doing much damage at > 40 level .. I have not done raid currently with mire 3/3 set perhaps the bonus from the set may help in killing.

Now we are stuck with 1 type of AA for weapons currently and future release as i can foresee (tainted weapon / Spirit weapon) for all 3 class unlike last time we have a variation of AA weapons things are change with the new STS team making new stuff for the game.
    Last edited by will0; 07-30-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Mages better just hope for a nice new arc weapon, as thats what i figure is going to happen. Out with the old and in with the new~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Mages want to get broken again and deal more single dps than rogues, lol this thread is silly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Mages want to get broken again and deal more single dps than rogues, lol this thread is silly
    Thread is not. But just Psycho answered it.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    The thing is majority of the new maps in expansion are single target only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    The thing is majority of the new maps in expansion are single target only.
    Fly lord boss summons a lot of objects+deep marsh boss summons TONS of mobs. So far 3/4 maps have more than 1 enemy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Seem like endgame maps not fun to run? I felt it too. It's like something missing. No matter what class we are.... Wait wait. The new expansion are not designed to be run easily with previous gears, all we need is the full dedicated designed gears to run the maps. Previous maps or expansion have its own special set like always.

• Reonauz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Mayb a new set will be released to help out mages, but rogues suffered for two expansions straight and no mages seemed to care

17. The Following User Says Thank You to badgirlchlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badgirlchlo View Post
    Mayb a new set will be released to help out mages, but rogues suffered for two expansions straight and no mages seemed to care
    Your statement "no mages seemed to care" this is kind of vice versa from other class .... but do you care ? Maybe the new set will help rouges too?

It is just a game moving forward... all AA seems to be similar for all class in weapondary and "SET" items are the way it goes it seems for all class in AL future item releases ..
    Last edited by will0; 08-01-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

i just find it funny that now it matters because we don't need multiple mages per map, I always believe the game should be balanced and that all classes should be playable but it didn't seem to be as much of an issue to people that rogues got trashed for a loooong time