Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paladin in the “Arena of Honor”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I guess we can ruin Honor Arena with buffing Rhino even though majority are happy with the state of the Honer Arena. Rhino I thought was very helpful when they were on my team. They could heal, tank and chase the opponent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    I guess we can ruin Honor Arena with buffing Rhino even though majority are happy with the state of the Honer Arena. Rhino I thought was very helpful when they were on my team. They could heal, tank and chase the opponent.
    That benefits you but how does this benefit the players who are using the Rhino? Rhinos cannot kill and their "tanking" ability Isn't that great. While we have mages who slaughter majority of the classes in the game and Lord knows that 3 bears stomps EVERY TEAM AND CLASS IN THE GAME.

It's quite easy to see your flawed assumption that Rhinos would ruin PvP in Honor if they are buffed but as Waug's same assumption it's biased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    That benefits you but how does this benefit the players who are using the Rhino? Rhinos cannot kill and their "tanking" ability Isn't that great. While we have mages who slaughter majority of the classes in the game and Lord knows that 3 bears stomps EVERY TEAM AND CLASS IN THE GAME.

It's quite easy to see your flawed assumption that Rhinos would ruin PvP in Honor if they are buffed but as Waug's same assumption it's biased.
    Brother, Pl pvp is team based, no class have all the advantages rather classes have their particular roles, IF YOU wanna be fast killer but squishy class choose bird, if you wan to heal rev and also support team, get mage and to tank mostly u get bear.

About bear, I brought the fact that how it's over-strong in my earlier post at announcement section. As a rhino, the huge advantage is the party buff, it matter highly in the low stat honor gear. Along with heal and quick dash.

Now let me ask a very critical question.
    Let's say we get a class to class (1v1) arena, where every class fight with same class (balanced because its same class). WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY rhino vs rhino? I bet no, because as a rhino, you want to kill other squishy classes sitting behind a tank.

My friend what is biased? Think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Brother, Pl pvp is team based, no class have all the advantages rather classes have their particular roles, IF YOU wanna be fast killer but squishy class choose bird, if you wan to heal rev and also support team, get mage and to tank mostly u get bear.

About bear, I brought the fact that how it's over-strong in my earlier post at announcement section. As a rhino, the huge advantage is the party buff, it matter highly in the low stat honor gear. Along with heal and quick dash.

Let's say we get a class to class (1v1) arena, where every class fight with same class (balanced because its same class). WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY rhino vs rhino? I bet no, because as a rhino, you want to kill other squishy classes sitting behind a tank.

Let’s not talk about that considering you and Jen cry about 1vs1 on this forum on a daily basis. YOU’RE being biased if anything, every class should be able to kill under any conditions, so why don’t you stop being biased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post

Kill other squishy classes because I'm sitting behind a tank? EVERY CLASS CAN 10-0 RHINO IN HONOR! Legit me and hook can 2v1 a mage and still lose. So how am i going to get a single kill then?

You got 3k points in just the first day as a bird, as that's the only class you play. Archer as a class has dominated every cap so far with and without the nerf. Mage dominates EVERY CAP SINCE 66 and hey no complaints there "let's make mage class, throw on heal and the damage to rival a assault class and call it balanced" is what mages are. Yet no complaining. Barely any when lust/Magor/Intex/Derex mages was a thing. Yet here we have the Paladin class that has lower base health than a mage. Lower damage than a bear and combos that barely if not ever do what they were meant to do.

Come in honor and the first thing you see is how pathetic rhino is. Once guard is gone it's a fair meal for anyone and any class. 9 damage on Juiced ( that's charge and Redemtions combo because I'm guessing that you didn't know) and barely 20 on Holy Tempest, holy hell. That's like break and cruel blast only doing 30 dmg on a critical while everyone else hits 100-200 on basic attacks.

How about you play the class before you even dare to make judgement it. Only reason rhino even dominated in 100 was thanks to the 150+ damage boost it had over bears very own STR set. If I'm to be honest I think it'll be a lot better if the Devs worked on Rhino stats and skills then the Set they will use.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-31-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I happen to have a level 105 paladin as well and entirely agree that it is truly difficult to kill anything in the Arena of Honor.

While the Paladin does its job well by buffing, tanking and supporting its teammates with heals and revives like a typical Paladin should, it produces very weak skill dmg. In order to fix this, either the Paladin needs more skill dmg added to skills like Charge and Redemption or the Arena of Honor Paladin set needs more dmg.

Another possibility is that we go in an entirely new direction and allow Paladins to gain points not just by kills, but by assists, winning games, and so forth as other community members have stated.

However, if the changes to Paladin Honor set or skills happen, the Paladin Arena of Honor set might also need an armor nerf because they are quite tanky. As stated previously, the problem with Paladins is that they just cannot kill anything. If individual pvp events are to continue, Paladins will need to be toned up in some fashion in order to compete with their mage, bird, fox, and bear bretherens, all of which classes can easily get 300 kills in a single event.