Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Quests Status pop-up page per campaign added to world map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Quests Status pop-up page per campaign added to world map

For those of us who have spent/are still spending the time completing all available quests, you probably know how much time and frustration it can be trying to find out exactly what quests have and haven't been completed - especially when done across many alts or casually over a long period of time. You end up not knowing what quests are incomplete and doing all quests in whatever campaign you're working on many times and sometimes still cannot find those ones that are missing. Currently you can click on the world map and see how many quests of the total quests have been completed per campaign, however you cannot see which quests specifically have or have not been completed.

What I propose, is a new pop-up window, that would be opened when clicking on/touching the quests section of the world map for each specific campaign. This pop-up window would detail by quest number and name which quests are completed, and which quests have not yet been completed, in the selected campaign. This would work similarly to when you click on enchantments for an item and a new screen details the information on the item's current enchantments.

For example, the portion of the screen shot below that says, "Completed Quests: 15/16" could be clicked on/touched to pop-up the quests status page for Forest Haven.

Name:  Screenshot_20180727-141610-640x480.png
Views: 201
Size:  289.5 KB

Quests that are no longer available but still are counted towards the total could be noted as discontinued and marked with an orange exclamation point.

Example Quests Status information window:

Campaign: Sandstone Cave

Total quests: 5

Quest 1: Mineral Magnetism - Completed! [Green checkmark]
    Quest 2: Sandstorm - Completed! [Green checkmark]
    Quest 3: Magical Rocks - Completed! [Green checkmark]
    Quest 4: Seismic Underground - Incomplete! [Red "X"]
    Quest 5: The Black Rock - Incomplete! [Red "X"]

Although this would require a client update, it would otherwise be presumably an easy, fun and greatly appreciated little feature to add for those who want to achieve completion of all the possible quests that PL offers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

This is a cool suggestion. ALS and I were talking about this exact sort of thing earlier this week.

Mostly we were thinking about how we might remove / change the 'Map' to be more of a list view (like you see when Hosting) that includes additional data related to Quests, rare items looted, etc.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

+1 I think this is a great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    This is a cool suggestion. ALS and I were talking about this exact sort of thing earlier this week.

Mostly we were thinking about how we might remove / change the 'Map' to be more of a list view (like you see when Hosting) that includes additional data related to Quests, rare items looted, etc.
    Thank you! And what a coincidence

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to see you guys move forward with your idea of expanding the information about the quests, loot, etc, etc, for each campaign and associated maps, and changing how the "world" is displayed. I remember in PLA you did show people a list of possible loot for each map, for example. That's great information for players, both new and old. Definitely looking forward to such an update.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Would be an amazing implementation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

My quest status suggestion has been added as of today's update. Very cool! It was implemented in the quest page, just click on the anchor at the bottom to see the status of your quests per alt. A huge thank you to Cinco and team for listening and adding such a useful feature so quickly!

Name:  Screenshot_20180806-125546-600x450.png
Views: 136
Size:  89.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

[...] we were thinking about how we might remove / change the 'Map' to be more of a list view (like you see when Hosting) that includes additional data related to Quests, rare items looted, etc.
    Would definitely also like to see the information per map that shows what rare loot is there, including vanities, and possibly even the odds of looting such items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I want to see that loot list. L55 maps are difficult to farm for certain pieces i want. It will also help with newer players trying to finish sets and know where to farm for those pieces. Ive had so many people over the years ask me Where do i farm ___?"