Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should armors be able to convert into vanity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Should armors be able to convert into vanity?

I’ve seen some rather very interesting threads about this so called “Vantiy shard”. I was very intrigued by this concept and would like to know how others would respond to such an idea. By all means please leave your comments and opinions below and may who ever lay eye on this thread , wish you the best of days my good fellow players.

A few questions in mind . ?how would this work? How would it ruin/best the game in its current state? How many of you would +1/-1 this interesting idea. If any developer reads this please let us all know what you think about this idea . Thank you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Honestly
    If you've read "threads"
    Why are you wondering?

Edit, in case you missed it we had dev responce that this is not easy and they would have to work on it, but they have other priorities ( so to speak)
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 07-27-2018 at 05:14 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I think it would be a sweet addition, where they make different armors convertible or for sale in store for plats as vanities, it would increase plat sales alot too, so win win for Devs & us ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Honestly
    If you've read "threads"
    Why are you wondering?

Edit, in case you missed it we had dev responce that this is not easy and they would have to work on it, but they have other priorities ( so to speak)
    Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Edit

Withdrawing any pecieved support for King Ezekiel here
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 07-30-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    I think it would be a sweet addition, where they make different armors convertible or for sale in store for plats as vanities, it would increase plat sales alot too, so win win for Devs & us ^^

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Indeed my good man, this would be a very VERY good idea , preferably the armors of season 1 (heraldics, crier, etc..)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

You do know that only collectors will have these armors (crier heraldic etc.), them knowing it can be turned into vanities will make them even more expensive, thus them grasping it more. Basically it will be rarer as collectors would say that these armours would feel like "bound" to them. Not even sure if most collectors would want to craft them into vanities.

Lets take for example a rare crier for rog (vest), that cost about 100m+. If they would add this "vanity shard", I can assure that the demand of these vests will be so high, that the price is imaginable, perhaps at the range of the Spirit and golem sets even.

Price will also depend on the availability of the "Vanity shard". A good way is to add them to the top10 players per class in events, they could be tradable or not, they could also have limitations, like lets say it can only be used on items above lv10 and such.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    You do know that only collectors will have these armors (crier heraldic etc.), them knowing it can be turned into vanities will make them even more expensive, thus them grasping it more. Basically it will be rarer as collectors would say that these armours would feel like "bound" to them. Not even sure if most collectors would want to craft them into vanities.

Lets take for example a rare crier for rog (vest), that cost about 100m+. If they would add this "vanity shard", I can assure that the demand of these vests will be so high, that the price is imaginable, perhaps at the range of the Spirit and golem sets even.

Price will also depend on the availability of the "Vanity shard". A good way is to add them to the top10 players per class in events, they could be tradable or not, they could also have limitations, like lets say it can only be used on items above lv10 and such.

Beautiful, beautiful indeed, valid points ,top 10 players of leaderboard Per class should only get one . A work of art, good show my good sir,as a collector myself I wouldn’t mind turning my collectibles into a vanity. I would hate to see my brown/epic heraldic go to waste just wearing it in towns. I feel as if I could have a solution to this problem of “collectors are bound to their precious items and that of crier vest would costs 100m+(expensive prices )” what if the space time gods them selves were to release all of armors from season 1-2 in store as a vanity and make them costs plat. For example crier for all classes would be around a total of 8,000 plat , brown/black heraldic 5,000 plat, Epic heraldic 3,500 plat gold/red founder for 1,800 plat forerunner/black steel commando for 999 plat. This should only last 36 hours . To give everyone a chance to get one and you can only get 1 of each per account. So that the collectors can still have they’re precious rare items and the rest of us players could get a really nice vanity.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Beautiful, beautiful indeed, valid points ,top 10 players of leaderboard Per class should only get one . A work of art, good show my good sir,as a collector myself I wouldn’t mind turning my collectibles into a vanity. I would hate to see my brown/epic heraldic go to waste just wearing it in towns. I feel as if I could have a solution to this problem of “collectors are bound to their precious items and that of crier vest would costs 100m+(expensive prices )” what if the space time gods them selves were to release all of armors from season 1-2 in store as a vanity and make them costs plat. For example crier for all classes would be around a total of 8,000 plat , brown/black heraldic 5,000 plat, Epic heraldic 3,500 plat gold/red founder for 1,800 plat forerunner/black steel commando for 999 plat. This should only last 36 hours . To give everyone a chance to get one and you can only get 1 of each per account. So that the collectors can still have they’re precious rare items and the rest of us players could get a really nice vanity.
    Oh dear. No to this, better of with your "vanity shard", then to do this.

People have collected these items for over 6 years, simply adding them in the store as vanities, richies buying, is simply an intense pay to win scenario. Collectors will simply rage as their rarest sets in the game are no longer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

would prob break economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    would prob break economy
    I beg too differ but how would a 36 hour store purchase break the economy? You haven’t seen Gold nekro break the economy or mummy guard set, etc. Unless you bring in some evidence to back up your claim. Good day to you sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Oh dear. No to this, better of with your "vanity shard", then to do this.

People have collected these items for over 6 years, simply adding them in the store as vanities, richies buying, is simply an intense pay to win scenario. Collectors will simply rage as their rarest sets in the game are no longer.

I understand your conserns of this issue but I shall give a quote from one of my fellow arlorians “The rich will always buy the best but the rest shall always be the best” you can’t stop people from spending Giant amounts of money on a game to become The “Best” player in the game . But I’m not too sure what you mean by saying “collectors will simply rage as their rarest sets in the game are no longer” I’m sorry but this simply isn’t the case because the collectors shall still have the originals , the only difference is that ours are the vanity version of them, making them still rare. But yes I do agree with you on the vanity shard part instead of buying the vanity with plat. Maybe tabord should be worth 10k platinum?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I believe the devs once said that it takes a lot of code writing to implement something like this, (not word for word, can't find the exact post) its not any easy thing to implement.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

I beg too differ but how would a 36 hour store purchase break the economy? You haven’t seen Gold nekro break the economy or mummy guard set, etc. Unless you bring in some evidence to back up your claim. Good day to you sir.
    U didnt say any thing about a time limit, but gold nekro mummy guard and other items are just one item or 2 which dont require much coding and they dont change auc much but a vanity shard would be like multiple items because you are able to turn any gear item to a vanity which would take ALOT of coding. Think about this, first you have to code in a vanity shard then the recipe for EVERY gear which there are over 5000 different gears, Then code the vanities then the auction would be messed up because there are vanities that look like normal gear like the smelly gear vs the common gear, well common gear will out place smelly gear causing smelly gear vanity to drop along with common.

Btw 5000+ items may seem aggerated but they have to code each level of item so 300 gears for level 1 then 200 gears lv 2 thats already 500 gears coded for just 2 levels.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 07-28-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I understand your conserns of this issue but I shall give a quote from one of my fellow arlorians “The rich will always buy the best but the rest shall always be the best” you can’t stop people from spending Giant amounts of money on a game to become The “Best” player in the game . But I’m not too sure what you mean by saying “collectors will simply rage as their rarest sets in the game are no longer” I’m sorry but this simply isn’t the case because the collectors shall still have the originals , the only difference is that ours are the vanity version of them, making them still rare. But yes I do agree with you on the vanity shard part instead of buying the vanity with plat. Maybe tabord should be worth 10k platinum?
    You do know that collectors prefer lower levels because lower levels could wear them and also why they cost more and are rarer, vanities has no level requirement thus making it the best not only its like being a lv1 collector item, but u could show ur collection w/o having the trouble of not capable to do pvp or pve.

It may be the original, but compared to vanities, you cant wear them to show them off, there are collectors who like to show theirs and there are ones who dont.

Actually at the end, only thing you are proving is who has the original sets, in my opinion, I would rather have a vanity version compared to gear ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I have said something about a time limit my good man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    U didnt say any thing about a time limit, but gold nekro mummy guard and other items are just one item or 2 which dont require much coding and they dont change auc much but a vanity shard would be like multiple items because you are able to turn any gear item to a vanity which would take ALOT of coding. Think about this, first you have to code in a vanity shard then the recipe for EVERY gear which there are over 5000 different gears, Then code the vanities then the auction would be messed up because there are vanities that look like normal gear like the smelly gear vs the common gear, well common gear will out place smelly gear causing smelly gear vanity to drop along with common.

Btw 5000+ items may seem aggerated but they have to code each level of item so 300 gears for level 1 then 200 gears lv 2 thats already 500 gears coded for just 2 levels.
    So Actually I have said there would be a time limit, if you were to read you’ve would of known that my good sir, if there are so many codes then why not the vanity shard be used to convert only season 1-2 armors like heraldic,crier,forerunner,etc.. to make it easier. You still haven’t proven your point on how it would “break” the economy. Btw there are only 5-14 different level 1 armors and that’s all classes COMBINED also if they can convert the level 36 mythic armor into a vanity why not be able to do the same but with season 1-2 armors only so your so called 5,000 codes won’t be a problem? Good day to you sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

You do know that collectors prefer lower levels because lower levels could wear them and also why they cost more and are rarer, vanities has no level requirement thus making it the best not only its like being a lv1 collector item, but u could show ur collection w/o having the trouble of not capable to do pvp or pve.

It may be the original, but compared to vanities, you cant wear them to show them off, there are collectors who like to show theirs and there are ones who dont.

Actually at the end, only thing you are proving is who has the original sets, in my opinion, I would rather have a vanity version compared to gear ones.

Yes I am indeed well aware about the collectors wanting lower level precious collectibles because anyone could wear one. Also you agreed with me on “in my opinion, I would rather have a vanity version compared to gear ones.” I too would like a vanity version of heraldic or the rare crier. I don’t completely understand what the deal is if the vanity version of rare armors were to have come out? The collectors will still have their ORIGINALS making them still rare either way. Good day to you my good man.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Yes I am indeed well aware about the collectors wanting lower level precious collectibles because anyone could wear one. Also you agreed with me on “in my opinion, I would rather have a vanity version compared to gear ones.” I too would like a vanity version of heraldic or the rare crier. I don’t completely understand what the deal is if the vanity version of rare armors were to have come out? The collectors will still have their ORIGINALS making them still rare either way. Good day to you my good man.
    You dont understand that by introducing these vanities, their originals aren't as much desireble anymore, as why spend 100m+ on the original if I can get the exact one that I could wear in a lv1 toon and still use gear. Basically buying a better one with less gold. Will also lessen the rarity, as ofc the vanities would still cost more because of the options it can give. Even though if its 36hrs it will drasticly affect price and rarity.

And why hand them out that easy? They are not worthy, rich cant just buy something that another player have gotten from the 1st season. Thats just cheating.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

You dont understand that by introducing these vanities, their originals aren't as much desireble anymore, as why spend 100m+ on the original if I can get the exact one that I could wear in a lv1 toon and still use gear. Basically buying a better one with less gold. Will also lessen the rarity, as ofc the vanities would still cost more because of the options it can give. Even though if its 36hrs it will drasticly affect price and rarity.
    And why hand them out that easy? They are not worthy, rich cant just buy something that another player have gotten from the 1st season. Thats just cheating.

alright so what you’re basically saying is that 8,000 plat is too easy to afford for crier? Still though you don’t see the crazy rich people with leaderboard vanity buying the crier armor or anything like that(because it’s useless) Also of course the vanity would cost more than the armor , there are more uses for the vanity . That’s the whole point of the 36 hour time limit so people have a chance to get A nice good looking vanity set(not everyone will get one therefore still making both originals and vanities still rare) I get that some armors are hard to find but also they’re useless unless you wear them in towns. When you said “they are not worthy, rich can’t just buy something that another player have gotten from the 1st season, that’s just cheating,” well to be fair I wasn’t the first owner of my brown and epic heraldic I bought it because I wanted it, in other words I bought them because I was “wealthy” enough to afford one. I’m not saying I’m rich I’m saying it would be nice to have a vanity version of my set since I can’t do anything else with just the armor.
    Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 07-28-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Adding more

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

alright so what you’re basically saying is that 8,000 plat is too easy to afford for crier? Still though you don’t see the crazy rich people with leaderboard vanity buying the crier armor or anything like that(because it’s useless) Also of course the vanity would cost more than the armor , there are more uses for the vanity . That’s the whole point of the 36 hour time limit so people have a chance to get A nice good looking vanity set(not everyone will get one therefore still making both originals and vanities still rare) I get that some armors are hard to find but also they’re useless unless you wear them in towns. When you said “they are not worthy, rich can’t just buy something that another player have gotten from the 1st season, that’s just cheating,” well to be fair I wasn’t the first owner of my brown and epic heraldic I bought it because I wanted it, I’m not saying I’m rich I’m saying it would be nice to have a vanity version of my set since I can’t do anything else with just the armor.
    I would choose Vanity shards, and no to ur plat vanities. Ill go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I would choose Vanity shards, and no to ur plat vanities. Ill go

Excellent choice my good man, I too would rather have vanity shard also.
    Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 07-28-2018 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Grammer