Thread: Energy drop / location

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Lightbulb Energy drop / location

Alright so lemme start by saying this took an actual long time to do and I hope it'll somehow help somebody out.

It's a well known fact that KT4 is the most popular location to farm energy, with fast runs that have lots of mobs, energy practically rains out of the sky. That being said, at the start of the event my intention was to avoid KT4 and just stick to festerfang, where I could farm murk stones while I get energy. Unfortunately, it seemed like energy just refused to drop there, so eventually I cracked and just went to KT4. Then, as I was doing my dailies, and it began to seem like certain maps had a much higher energy drop rate, especially Rockhorn Summit (which is somewhere that I had always had success farming any crafting material). This is when the idea to attempt to discern whether or not maps can really have a skewed drop rate of energy.

Data:
    RS = Rockhorn Summit, WILDS = The Wilds, SHADES = Forest of Shades, KT4 = Kraag Tombs 4, Haunt = The Hauntlet, SWAMP = Festerfang Swamp
    Name:  Drop rate.png
Views: 198
Size:  34.7 KB
    Number of mobs killed was counted by clearing each map completely, including boss, counting every kill. I did not do this every run for the sake of time, so I simply multiplied this number by 10 at the end. I also understand that the number could be a little off, especially in hauntlet, since the number of mobs that spawn isn't 100% the same every time. I didn't even bother in the swamp since it's a random map.

I tracked my energy looted per run and how many mobs I killed (more or less), but since I don't have ALL the time in the world, so I kept it to just 6 different maps, and ran each map just 10 times. With that being said it's clear that these numbers are FAR from definitive in any way, but they did help give me a better idea of how I was doing. I then counted the total number of enemies kill and energy essences looted, and divided the number of essences by the number of mobs to find the average drop rate for the map.

Conclusion:

There are some differences in the drop rate of each map, but these can be attributed to luck, seeing as the sample size is so small. It's more than likely that the drop rate is the same in every map, which means you'll just want to stick with whichever map provides the most mobs and takes the least amount of time (basically KT4). But it also is important to note that KT4 doesn't really provide you with much other than energy, so a map like The Hauntlet would be better if you're looking to farm kills as well, and Tindirin has the bonus of primary stat jewels.

SOOOOOOO in conclusion...

I wasted my time and KT4 is still the most effective way to get energy. But hey, at least I farmed 122 energy essences in the meantime.
    Ign - Coolguymage

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lmao Nice )

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You can do the hourly quest for the ruin token when doing KT4 so 2 birds with one stone. I do this with my lvl 16 rogue, which takes about 2 minutes max per solo run. Managed to craft 60+ energy kits so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    You can do the hourly quest for the ruin token when doing KT4 so 2 birds with one stone. I do this with my lvl 16 rogue, which takes about 2 minutes max per solo run. Managed to craft 60+ energy kits so far.
    Does the forgotten ruins dungeon scale? So you can farm runes as a level 16 fighting level 16 mobs?
    Ign - Coolguymage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Does the forgotten ruins dungeon scale? So you can farm runes as a level 16 fighting level 16 mobs?
    It’s much easier for me to solo with my lvl 16 rogue than my end game mage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    It’s much easier for me to solo with my lvl 16 rogue than my end game mage
    That's actually really good to know.
    Ign - Coolguymage