Thread: 35 or 27 and some more questions

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default 35 or 27 and some more questions

Hey, Thebigboo here. I have a lot of questions about both 27 and 35. Before I get to the level specific questions, I would like to know which level you prefer and why.

Questions About 35:
    1. Can DEX birds compete at this level? When I’m in town I rarely see a level 35 other than a mage.
    2. If I chose to make a 35 mage, could I compete with just a voodoo set+int amulet? Or do I have to buy a paw/evi/hallo gear? If I had to buy these items (not voodoo), how much would it roughly cost me?
    3. Is the 35 community super annoying like endgame appears to be? Might just be a univeral pvp thing tbh.
    4. I was also considering making a fox and was wondering if this character was also viable at 35. Can it effectively kill mages?

Questions About 27:
    1. Again, can dex birds compete at this level now? As some of you might know all I used to play was 27 bird back in 2011/12 and kinda wanted to get back to it haha.
    2. How much are 26/27 pink fbows? If I chose to do a 27 mage there’s no way I could afford paw/evi so is fbow mage still fine?
    3. How active is 27 now? Ive seen varying responses in town about it.

I guess I should also ask if there are any pvp levels that are more active/enjoyable than these two, so comment below if you know any.

Thanks in advance for any responses-Thebigboo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

1. Hard to compete with dexbirds, but str birds are viable.
    2. You are totally fine with a voodoo set, but it is recommended that you either get evi / head / bh (black heart). I was able to play fine with just halloween armor / helm + voodoo doll.
    3. 35 community isn't so bad, but there are always some players who choose the path of becoming keyboard warriors (MO_ _ _ _ _ _ _ )
    4. Fox is by far the hardest counter against mages, after birds. Because they can dash with low cd on their dash skills, if you can play just bait out mage's drain and fire, you will be fine. However, be aware that mages have MS so it will be pretty hard for foxes. Current 35 meta for all classes = nuke or die, which is favored by some players and disliked by many simultaneously.

27:

1. Based on what I am hearing, I heard that l27 birds are not so great.
    2. 26-27 pink fbows should be 4-5M at the most. Using fbow for mage works, but because paw + evi or head gives you so much dodge overall, fbow can be countered in many cases. I always think that 27 requires a bit of proc luck as well.
    3. 15, 20-27, 30-35 seems pretty active overall (Which answers both of your questions)

Jun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Voodoo set is a good choice for mage although str hallows would be best, 35 is prettt cheap atm with most of your money going into a blackheart sheild or int ammy, foxes also rule 35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Hey, Thebigboo here. I have a lot of questions about both 27 and 35. Before I get to the level specific questions, I would like to know which level you prefer and why.

Questions About 35:
    1. Can DEX birds compete at this level? When I’m in town I rarely see a level 35 other than a mage.
    2. If I chose to make a 35 mage, could I compete with just a voodoo set+int amulet? Or do I have to buy a paw/evi/hallo gear? If I had to buy these items (not voodoo), how much would it roughly cost me?
    3. Is the 35 community super annoying like endgame appears to be? Might just be a univeral pvp thing tbh.
    4. I was also considering making a fox and was wondering if this character was also viable at 35. Can it effectively kill mages?

Questions About 27:
    1. Again, can dex birds compete at this level now? As some of you might know all I used to play was 27 bird back in 2011/12 and kinda wanted to get back to it haha.
    2. How much are 26/27 pink fbows? If I chose to do a 27 mage there’s no way I could afford paw/evi so is fbow mage still fine?
    3. How active is 27 now? Ive seen varying responses in town about it.

I guess I should also ask if there are any pvp levels that are more active/enjoyable than these two, so comment below if you know any.

Thanks in advance for any responses-Thebigboo
    Quality here. Amulets cancel out gear that's worn. I've used O.G Voodoo/Croc Gear and still could easily compete. You could add shields like blackheart for more Damage or Head for more dodge if you want but honestly it doesn't matter.

Dex Birds can't really compete unless you have like a FBOW and 60dmg amulet. I normaly use my 35 bird Speedblitz with L.35 Tinsel str halloween evi and 60 dmg amulet just for fun. STR is more viable overall dispite DEX bird being able to beat it.

Community is kind of tamed no real drama here.

35 fox is OP nothing else to implie. STR/Conq Plat set and Lizard Leg/Green Ice or normal iceberg Longsword. 3030 or 60 dmg amulet is up to you. If you see me in game I could teach you a more OP form than both.��

For 27. Unless you a high baller don't play it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Awesome! Thank you so much for the detailed responses. Had no idea just a voodoo set+anulet could actually compete nowadays haha. Looks like I will probably be doing 35 instead of 27

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There is no such thing as "Original Gangster" Voodoo/Croc Gear. Strangely, I see that "OG" stuff coming around alot in PL - is it a sudden throwback of the 1990s?

Otherwise, you should just have caution for the two primary 'rush' orientated guilds of "The Dissidents of Go" & "Paradigm."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    There is no such thing as "Original Gangster" Voodoo/Croc Gear. Strangely, I see that "OG" stuff coming around alot in PL - is it a sudden throwback of the 1990s?

Otherwise, you should just have caution for the two primary 'rush' orientated guilds of "The Dissidents of Go" & "Paradigm."
    Oh its Possible. O.G Original Gangster
    Name:  20180801_160133.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  75.6 KB I've been sackin the high seas since Capone ya'now
    Last edited by MageFFA; 08-01-2018 at 08:58 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Here comes xboxii lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu1205 View Post
    Here comes xboxii lmao
    Please don't go off topic. For reference, Xbox did not come out in the 1990s. Furthermore, don't reference a gaming console when we are giving opinions to someone.

No need to think about Xbox when you can play PL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Please don't go off topic. For reference, Xbox did not come out in the 1990s. Furthermore, don't reference a gaming console when we are giving opinions to someone.

No need to think about Xbox when you can play PL!
    Hope you like the paw wowikr <<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I can make an assumption that you are attributing my forums profile with the in-game character name (IGN) "wowikr" in PL.

Unfortunately, we do not know each other. I suggest that you stop acting silly and only use this topic to reply to Misfit's questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I can make an assumption that you are attributing my forums profile with the in-game character name (IGN) "wowikr" in PL.

Unfortunately, we do not know each other. I suggest that you stop acting silly and only use this topic to reply to Misfit's questions.
    I'd already answered his questions. You need to chill ^^