Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My opinions on PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default My opinions on PVP

PvP was so big all the way from level 1 to 61. Then it died.

Leaderboard

Sure we all know there were people that dummy farmed. Oh well. What did it give them? Some kills and a banner? The leaderboard helped motivate people to keep playing and be noticed for their achievment in kills. It’s what kept PVP alive. Now there is no leaderboard and people just aren’t motivated to play. You used to be able to go into a room and it would be full. Now? Nothing. We have to set up clashes and beg people to play. We need a reason and a purpose to play. After grinding for gold hours on end and buying the most Op gear, we want to put it to use!

Awakens

Twinks were a majority of the game. After the awakening gems were released it was destroyed. The armor is way too high. I recently made a level 14 to test out how the pvp was. After spending 50m or so for an OP eye set with 4 paras, pushing nearly 220 damage, I couldn’t kill anyone. Why you may ask? Due to everyone having 1800+ armor. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Clashing for 2 hours ended with no kills. You have to clash with no heals just to be able to rack up a few kills here and there.

This games population is slowly dying off everyday as people have nothing to do anymore. Nobody wants to sit there and farm the same boss over and over and over again. People want to be able to show off what they bought with their gold through pvp, and to be able to be noticed for their accomplishments. STS needs to find a way to fix this. My suggestion?

Bring back the leaderboards for pvp! It’s what kept it alive!
    Remove those useless pvp maps like the TDM Forest and Rogues Nightmare, and make a map for twinks that doesn’t allow for awakens to be used. Make it fair for everyone, just like the old days.

We need our PVP population back. Agree or disagree, this is just my opinion. Thank you for your time to read this.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-02-2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: less drama

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Ghuls For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1, Awakens shouldn't work on PvP.

Vestel_5530 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Its +1 from me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Yes bring back pvp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1, I want PvP back

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Personally I don't PvP for my own reasons but I fully. Support this idea iam all for the community this is awesome make it happen STS listen to your player base community

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuls View Post
    PvP was so big all the way from level 1 to 61. Then it died. The developers put out updates without thinking of consequences that they would produce.

Leaderboard

Sure we all know there were people that dummy farmed. Oh well. What did it give them? Some kills and a banner? The leaderboard helped motivate people to keep playing and be noticed for their achievment in kills. It’s what kept PVP alive. Now there is no leaderboard and people just aren’t motivated to play. You used to be able to go into a room and it would be full. Now? Nothing. We have to set up clashes and beg people to play. We need a reason and a purpose to play. After grinding for gold hours on end and buying the most Op gear, we want to put it to use!

Awakens

Twinks were a majority of the game. After the awakening gems were released it was destroyed. The armor is way too high. I recently made a level 14 to test out how the pvp was. After spending 50m or so for an OP eye set with 4 paras, pushing nearly 220 damage, I couldn’t kill anyone. Why you may ask? Due to everyone having 1800+ armor. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Clashing for 2 hours ended with no kills. You have to clash with no heals just to be able to rack up a few kills here and there.

This games population is slowly dying off everyday as people have nothing to do anymore. Nobody wants to sit there and farm the same boss over and over and over again. People want to be able to show off what they bought with their gold through pvp, and to be able to be noticed for their accomplishments. STS needs to find a way to fix this. My suggestion?

Bring back the leaderboards for pvp! It’s what kept it alive!
    Remove those useless pvp maps like the TDM Forest and Rogues Nightmare, and make a map for twinks that doesn’t allow for awakens to be used. Make it fair for everyone, just like the old days.

We need our PVP population back. Agree or disagree, this is just my opinion. Thank you for your time to read this.
    Most interesting thread i have ever seen, Bring back our old pvp pls

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Decide For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Removing awakens in all levels would lead to max gear only costing half of the price... I'm sure this would lead to more people trying it out, since a few million gold would already be enough to get sufficient gear to have fun and kill people that normally just would have tanked entire combos.
    At least testing this out before max 71 gear is released and everybody max awakened it would be beneficial imo.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

+1 I need the aps but maps are empty always
    Also buff tanks dmg in pvp please
    Last edited by Thewolfbull; 08-02-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1 forgot to add xD

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

+666 to this idea

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Many old players login to check out the expansion and what they say is they don’t find the will to play this game! Even random pve dungeons gets boring after a while.., I have friends who said they will never ever go to festerfang swamp again after capping.

Pvp is the backbone of Mmorpg!
    Look at fortnite as an example, many players have deviated to fortnite which is lit pvp 24/7..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

If they disable awakenings in pvp and balance all classes I would gladly start playing again
    Last edited by Screenshotz; 08-02-2018 at 06:19 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Screenshotz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

They intentionally added these, to both push them to pve at endgame and still earn more plat revenue.

Hence the awakens, and only lv71s can open chests with the better loots and bosses. And they stopped releasing good pvp gears for twinks.

Seems too late now, billions of gold that people had spent on pvp awakens will go to waste. People will sure rage, some threaten to quit. But if pve is only there is to al, then thats boring asf.

I suggest introducing overpowered gears that are meant for pvp, gears that will outperform gears with awakens and such
    It wouldn't be a 1 shot kill scenario, as the stat is scaled to a higher but balanced level.

These gears can be looted in chests. The idea is the gears will be balanced in pvp, that armor to damage ratio should be similar to same, catch is at pve content, the gear is weak.

Example:

Rouges at lv71 pvp have got 3.5-5k dmg, 9k hp and 7-8k armor.

With the overpowered gear, rogs get 6k damage, 25-30k hp and 15-20k armor. Not sure if its balanced enough to avoid 1 shot kills or 1hr clashes. But you get my point, should be balanced as lv41 pvp and such.

It should be overpowered, so that other gears with awakes cant be used.

At Pve/towns, these gears will be weakened and cant be awakened.

Loot chance of these should not be rare. Id say a common to legendary rarity so atleast decent people could afford and buy and try.

What will it do? Well, it will make pvp not so much of a pay to win situation and such. As gears will be fairly cheap.

Pve gears wouldn't drop, cause like I said, these gears weaken at pve/towns and cant be awakened. Meaning these gears are weak in maps and no goldloot.

At the end, same old pve gears are still the best to use in farming.

Things that will be affected:

- The people who had already spent their own networth into pvp. But, if you think about it, more people will be favoured and will sure stay longer in the game.

- prices of pets/houses and locations. It will sure make some pets extinct as the sudden demand wouldnt be enough for its supplies. Thus releasing more pets for plat or eggzavier and such.

- vanities, people at pvp like to show of their richness. If they cant show it within their gears/awakes/pets. Then vanities will do.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rauitri; 08-02-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Im fully on board with this whole thread. sts needs to fix pvp start listening to us
    for example how many times people cried about insta kill to be removed it got removed too late like 3-4month after.. its just frustrating i enjoy this game alot the pvp is amazing but it isnt active because it seems devs are too careless when it comes to pvp maybe ive lost my mind maybe im making assumptions maybe im wrong its just how the pvp community feels like yes im speaking as a whole now ik many old players have told me sts is careless about pvp.
    And Tbh countless of thread were made about how pvp should be fixed sts just ignores
    No comments are ever made they made a thread couple month back about balancing classes its been 2/3 months
    Where are the changes?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Terrorshock1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuls View Post
    PvP was so big all the way from level 1 to 61. Then it died. The developers put out updates without thinking of consequences that they would produce.

Leaderboard

Sure we all know there were people that dummy farmed. Oh well. What did it give them? Some kills and a banner? The leaderboard helped motivate people to keep playing and be noticed for their achievment in kills. It’s what kept PVP alive. Now there is no leaderboard and people just aren’t motivated to play.

Awakens

Twinks were a majority of the game. After the awakening gems were released it was destroyed. The armor is way too high.

Well it's hard to not agree with that. As for someone who was actively playing pvp since it got released I can tell it started dying after 41 cap (probably best pvp cap ever in AL history, could say #1 41 #2 61).
    Anyway mostly because of dummyfarmers PvP died. Talking about motivation yes, Leaderboard was probably the only thing that kept it going. Sadly Devs didn't really bother about monitoring the state of it. I believe it could've been easily managed to see who is actually killing same targets 10-20k times lol. Just like it happened night before season 8 ended where 70% of leaderboard did free kills. Year later exactly same thing in Season 9 (Id like to remind a rogue with 72k kills and 500 deaths).

GLOBAL KDR RESET AND LB MONITORING would probably sort out that thing if there ever was an idea of bringing LB back. Probably will never happen but oh well.

Awakenings, I'd say it was all good until it came out of control where you can awake every item you got. It was balanced on the level of having weapon and belt with awakening. Either disable them in pvp so people can fight with equal gears or somehow fix the armor for every bracket. Twink levels were so much fun to play, I don't understand why playerbase has been basically forced to hit the endgame, it was alive without all those twinks being forced to play on the bracket where they didnt want to.

#Sadbuttrue

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

And make a leaderboard for timed runs that don't use awakenings, so we can bring back some of the skill that was once needed (season 3 era), instead of just hundreds of millions spent on getting max speed awakenings and easily taking most maps. Ty. And Make timed run leaderboard for solo, duo, etc.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Sts will not get rid of awakening gem kits because they provide profit to them, but what they can do is what screenshots have said if they disable awakenings in pvp that would revive pvp because now it would be fair for all players.
    +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Nothing new that hasn't been said 1000 times before. Good support from the community as per the last 1000 times but in the end, what matters is whether STS actually want to do anything.

Don't get your hopes up, just wait, but know some us have been waiting a LONG time.

A endgame only tdm pvp Leaderboard that resets monthly is an easy solve for dummy farming. The reward can be a red skull badge or a banner.

A PvP tournament now and then could satisfy us somewhat.

As for the awakenings issue, seeing as how Arcane Legends is, I don't see an easy fix for this issue that wouldn't lower the company income in some way. The most they can do is probably class specific awakenings e.g. the highest amount of armor a rogue can get from awakening gear is lower than that a warrior can get. That would help balance somewhat. Sadly, removing awakenings doesn't look like an option.

Again, like I said earlier. All you can do is wait.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

+ 1 to this
    Pvp is dead for almost 2 season
    An mmo without pvp is just so me.....
    Mayb its time for devoloper to listen to the community...make al great again...