Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Honest Opinions about the Current Meta and a little thought on balance (30-40)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Cinco's focus has been almost entirely on endgame because that's where most of his revenue comes from. He hasn't been shy in stating that.

If he could come up with a plan to both make money and 'balance' lower level pvp at the same time by making something like a level 1 stat weapon along with a helm and armor to make a set that ranks up over time (or making scaled stat weapon sets at levels 1, 10, 20, 30, 40), then perhaps he would implement it. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see something like this implemented by the end of the year.

With that said, stat weapons/sets have never been 'balanced'/'skillful' to use, so I doubt this would make lower level pvp any better. However, this is the most likely course of action Cinco would take to change lower level pvp if it does indeed receive any updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I understand the revenue part and how he's trying to "balance" 105 more, but I don't see why that process of balancing endgame should negatively impact the lower level pvp. I have read other past comments, but it all seems to narrow down to "Leave lower level pvp and come to upper level pvp". I also heard that there is apparently going to be a bear buff? Even though it is still unsure whether he's going to buff the STR sets or just the bear class overall, but if he's rooting towards buffing the bear class overall, that will be an overkill for other classes. Also, if Cinco is actually trying to make changes in PVP, he should at least try it out himself and see if a specific class needs a nerf or a buff with several other admins, but it only seems like the major changes occur based off of players' requests. Players' requests are class biased and what I mean by that is that if a specific player is a long-term bear player, then it will mostly be the case that they would request for buffs towards the bear class and same goes for other classes.

Not to degrade the Pocket legends admins, but when it comes to other games and buffing / nerfing something in-game, the admins would usually test it out themselves or gather statistics to see if it is valid to make the changes in game. Here, I don't see that going on and as stated above, if the buffing / nerfing becomes player biased, the already unstable imbalance will deteriorate while the admins apparently hope for "balancing" the game. I hope you are understanding what i mean by this. If the admins actually tested it out themselves and cultivated data charts, then it will be reasonable for them to decide the buffing / nerfing process.

So, what makes Pocket Legends so superior to other games that they don't officially test out all the classes / different level zones and change things based off of players' requests? Is it the unique feature of PL to simply alter things in game without further tests themselves?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu1205 View Post
    I understand the revenue part and how he's trying to "balance" 105 more, but I don't see why that process of balancing endgame should negatively impact the lower level pvp. I have read other past comments, but it all seems to narrow down to "Leave lower level pvp and come to upper level pvp". I also heard that there is apparently going to be a bear buff? Even though it is still unsure whether he's going to buff the STR sets or just the bear class overall, but if he's rooting towards buffing the bear class overall, that will be an overkill for other classes. Also, if Cinco is actually trying to make changes in PVP, he should at least try it out himself and see if a specific class needs a nerf or a buff with several other admins, but it only seems like the major changes occur based off of players' requests. Players' requests are class biased and what I mean by that is that if a specific player is a long-term bear player, then it will mostly be the case that they would request for buffs towards the bear class and same goes for other classes.

Not to degrade the Pocket legends admins, but when it comes to other games and buffing / nerfing something in-game, the admins would usually test it out themselves or gather statistics to see if it is valid to make the changes in game. Here, I don't see that going on and as stated above, if the buffing / nerfing becomes player biased, the already unstable imbalance will deteriorate while the admins apparently hope for "balancing" the game. I hope you are understanding what i mean by this. If the admins actually tested it out themselves and cultivated data charts, then it will be reasonable for them to decide the buffing / nerfing process.

So, what makes Pocket Legends so superior to other games that they don't officially test out all the classes / different level zones and change things based off of players' requests? Is it the unique feature of PL to simply alter things in game without further tests themselves?
    Strict user testing would be a dream but unfortunately, there's got to be sufficient staff to actually do that and it seems like Cinco's running a one man show here. For good reason, the Legend games just don't bring in enough revenue to justify additional hiring and additional testing. It would be interesting to see a community based user-testing system if Cinco would be willing to consider that, where all feedback comes from the users in a test client. I would love to help in that regard. Why not just reset damage and stats back to previous levels where it was slightly more balanced and less nuke/dodge/crit based? Like have a cut-off at level 35 where under level 35, skills and PvP are at pre-2016 levels, and where over 35 (since there's a lot less twinking going on up there, and there's also the existence of the PURE STAT weapons which are pretty unbalanceable.) the numbers remain the same as they are now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post: