Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Lightbulb Attack Stat PVP

Hi,

I've done some testing in pvp with the attack stat both on weapon/gems and the attack power points. I looked to see if adding or subtracting "attack" really made a difference in me slipping into "a bloody rage" where I would throw my attacks with more 'brutality and viciousness". I measured the amount of damage dealt by looking at the HP taken from my opponent. I used a variety of attacks (weapon strikes, leap, shadow dance, ghost strike, brimstone, fire) and found that having high levels of attack power points did very little to increase the damage that I deal out compared to a no attack power point situation. I also found that the weapon attack stat made a slight difference in damage dealt to an opponent when hundreds more were added. If hundreds less were used then you're weak as a noob kitten. Also, if you add more attack stat on your weapon or powerpoints it did not counter the protective effect that defense power points and wep/gem defense gave to an opponent (not even close to breaking even). The attack stat in both of it's forms is ineffective at dealing out "brutal and vicious" attacks. We've all experienced that when you allocate your resources to attack (or damage) you die way quickly before you even came close to killing an opponent, highlighting an imbalance between stats that protect you vs stats that help you over come an opponents protection.

This also seems to hold true for the crit stat on the gems and weapons...with the exception that it works to take more damage in the fatal burst/brimstone combo and other combos which don't hit as frequently.

STS look into this. This imbalance has been around for awhile but since there is so much armor in the game now you should look at making the attack stat more potent. Make it so that you can overcome an opponent's defense of the same magnitude at least 50% of the time. This imbalance is seen in the amount of damage there is in the game compared to the amount of armor as well. I see that you've boosted the damage stat multiple times to counter the effects of armor but an imbalance still remains even with massive amounts of damage (although getting closer to that point where damage can counter def/armor 50% of the time).

Please look into this and adjust it! Make those stats more useful now that the pvp landscape has changed.

-Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to astro1 For This Useful Post: